eviCore healthcare Employee Reviews

worst company ever
cds (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 24, 2016
Unfortunately I have been at this company for over 5 years.When I was first hired I really enjoyed working for them but not any more... as time goes on it just gets worse....benefits are non existent-----took away bonus,such as it was, lowered hsa account, raised insurance premiums, doubled the work load. Alot of nepotism in this company, supervisors are not worthy of the title. I can truly say the only good thing about this company is being able to work from home but that also has it's negative impact as well because this company will blame every internet issue on your ISP. I have never worked for a company that has so many inhouse technical issue..with dropping calls,locking up screens--this is a daily occurence and now I see that there have been multiple lawsuits regarding ethics..Wow...you do not want to work for this company..believe me...it is not worth the headaches and stress
Terrible company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 5, 2016
You are chained to your desk! No opportunities for growth, terrible management! The benefits are terrible. UHC, high deductibles! The best part of my day was leaving.
No work life balance
RN clinical reviewer (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 16, 2015
Absolutely no work life balance. Have to beg to even get a few hours off. Everything is for the good of the company. Always busy on phonecalls. If not busy then need to be working something else. Ask 10 supervisors a question and get 10 different answers. No cohesive or supportive management.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off, Working remote so you don't have to be in an office all day with these people
Cons
Management sucks . Every minute of your day needs to be accounted for.
They are trying to improve, but...
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 27, 2016
It's still a call center. A typical day at work involves answering calls the entire time you are clocked in, rarely having time to even take a sip of water. Management isn't available, because you have to be clocked in and on the phone all day. So if you have any difficulties you have to take your lunch or before work to handle them. They try to be helpful with having a gym on site, and outdoor areas to eat, and lots of training time, but you never have time once you start working to use any of the resources. If you step a toe even a tiny bit out of line, you get immediately reprimanded and/or fired, and they are monitoring you at all times.
Pros
they pay you
Cons
no benefits for three months, low pay, heavy work load
Extreme Lack Of Structure
Multiple Departments (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 15, 2015
Evicore Healthcare(Formerly Known as Carecore National) has the potential to be a great company. The main problem is the lack of structure and communication within the company along with their lack of dedication to the hard working agents who have been there for years.

New employees get the royal treatment with policies being geared towards them and access to the advancements where as the hardworking dedicated long term employees get neglected and eventually pushed out and under appreciated.

Another issue is taking time off. Your time will almost ALWAYS be rejected unless it is put into IEX in advance. Since the company has merged with med solutions and changed to evicore healthcare there has been alot of confusion on salaries between the company along with processes and how they work.

Overall If you are looking for a growing company that is rewarding I would most certainly look elsewhere. With the mis-handling of things Im suprise they have lasted this long.
Pros
Working from home, Good amount of PTO once you are there for 5+ years
Cons
Lack of structure, Alot of promotions/moves to other departments with no raises, VERY difficult to get time off even for family emergencies, Strict daily restroom schedules, Very poor management with virtually no direction
Good place to work.
intake coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTJanuary 14, 2016
Good place to work. Better than average pay. Benefits and paid time off. People are awesome in the Plainville office. Most friendly group of people in my career.
Pros
Flexible with hours and OT. Full benefits and Paid time off.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement.
The only benefit is working from home!
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 13, 2016
I was so excited about the opportunity to work from home as a nurse. However, this company has made it difficult for me to go to work everyday and I work from home. I have worked for this company for over a year. We have a 30 minute lunch break, 2-15 minute breaks. This is very fair in my opinion. However, recently they have decided to tack our restroom breaks onto the 15 minute breaks. So, now if we use the restroom throughout the day, it is subtracted from our 2-15 minute breaks. This is unbelievable. Management should treat their employees how they would like to be treated. I would not never nickle and dime someone of a quick 2 minute bathroom break. It doesn't take much time to run to the restroom and get back to work. It is disheartening. We are already penalized if we get sick and cannot come to work. There is a price to pay for what we want sometimes. I have the opportunity to work from home, but now with the micromanagement and with the high expectations in which the supervisors cannot even meet. I am currently seeking a new position at a different company.
Pros
work from home
Cons
penalized for restroom breaks and getting sick
Worst place to work! Run away from here !!
Nurse reviewer (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 20, 2016
I have been with this company over 5 years. Management is horrible. The right don't know what the left is doing. Too much favoritism depends on who you are. Things change by the hour so there's no way to keep up. They don't care about quality only quantity of cases you can do per day. And no LPNs don't make the same as the RNs do! They do the same job unless you're in management. The health insurance is so expensive. There are multiple computer problems on a daily basis . When you are on the phones you have to email a supervisor for permission to go to the bathroom. It is hard to get PTO time approved. You do a shift bid every 6 months so whoever your supervisor likes best are the ones that get the shift they want. Some great people work here but also very rude people do to and they are the ones that get the promotions. They tell you all these wonderful things to suck you in and after a year or so you are garbage! Stay away, you have been warned ....
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Expensive insurance, rude staff and callers, everything in between
Call Center
Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCOctober 21, 2015
Working in the call center I was presented many opportunites to go home, advancement, flexiable shifts. I have been here a a year and only had the chance to get a schedule change. The managment is not consitent and Human Resources allows them to do whatever pleases them. The work load is constantly increasing and the newer agents are very much under paid. The older agents are not being given the advancements which were promised to them, while the new agents (fresh from training) take all the benefits we have had to wait for. The company runs on a very strict attendance policy which causes a higher turn over rate. They often block out the days you can take off months in advance and you are left at the mercy of the manager ( if they come to work). We take on average of 50 -120 calls day and you are penalized for taking a restroom break ( even for pregnant woman). There are always IT issues , and the company is failing at meeting its obligations to its health plans, which they blame on their agents and not them selves for taking on a merger they were not prepared for.
Pros
you get a check
Cons
High Benefits, No time off, bias
Ok
Communications Specialist/Template Developer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 16, 2016
Job is wonderful. Love the folks I work with. We are an awesome team and do what needs to be done to accomplish the needed tasks.

Benefits are ok. For a healthcare company they have one of the worst health benefits.

Pay is not very comparable to industry standards.

Job security is questionable. There is no backing of employees by upper management. Quick to lay blame without the facts.
Pros
Co-workers, able to work remotely
Cons
Healthcare, no real job security, pay
Great company to work for
Non Clinical Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 4, 2016
This company was very understanding, the benefits were amazing. The only reason I left was because I wanted to be a cosmetologist. I would definitely work there again if I had the chance. The managers were very helpful and understanding, my coworkers were very welcoming and made you feel comfortable.
horrible place to work
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 7, 2016
Worked for this company for 5 years. Upper management has no clue what is going on. Expectations are unachievable. Never any positive feedback. If you don't have male genitalia then don't bother working here
Pros
get to work from home
Cons
Daily computer issues
I loved this job!
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMarch 1, 2016
I loved working for this company. The benefits are great and the co-workers are very hard working. This job let you work remotely, which was amazing!!
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to work, very friendly and rewarding
Intake Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 9, 2016
very high volume call center work with competitive pay, great incentive and family oriented. Would highly recommend. They are very flexible and understanding with balance of family and work.
good company to work for
Clinical Decision Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 5, 2016
EviCore is a good company to work for. A typical day is taking calls and helping the doctors offices process requests for Catscans, MRI's etc. My co-workers are good people and who work hard and have a great team player ethic.
Pros
working from home, hoursand pay
Cons
very scripted
Enjoyed working from home
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 19, 2016
Overall this company was good to work for. It was great to work from home for the most part. I enjoyed working with the customers and on the computer. The worst part of working was the computer issues that would arise on a consistent basis. Management did not always communicate their needs clearly. The company had great benefits and PTO.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Adjusting to breaks and lunches with a busy schedule
No room for advancement
Clinical Decision Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 28, 2016
There is no room for advancement. We are not treated fairly, I enjoy helping people. Adherence program is unfair as well as audits.
Great company to work for
Nonclinical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Evicore Healthcare, the company was great to work for but the compensation was not that good, they need to pay their employees better.
Pros
bonus
Cons
short lunches
not a good place to work.
CDS (Current Employee) –  bluffton, scApril 21, 2016
Worst place I've ever worked. These people do not care about your well being you are penalized for using the bathroom. The manager upstairs just walks around the floor making racial slurs at white and Spanish people. You will never move up or out of the department. You will never be appreciated
Pros
your check
Cons
healthcare. your pay. your time. Mandatory overtime. No time off No Bathroom Breaks
ok place to work
Clinical Quality Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 4, 2016
Worked for this company for 4 years. I worked remotely from home and travel to customer sites. Ok, learned a great deal for my career. I saw a lot of company growth in 4 years

2.8