eviCore healthcare Employee Reviews

Ok
Communications Specialist/Template Developer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 16, 2016
Job is wonderful. Love the folks I work with. We are an awesome team and do what needs to be done to accomplish the needed tasks.

Benefits are ok. For a healthcare company they have one of the worst health benefits.

Pay is not very comparable to industry standards.

Job security is questionable. There is no backing of employees by upper management. Quick to lay blame without the facts.
Pros
Co-workers, able to work remotely
Cons
Healthcare, no real job security, pay
The only benefit is working from home!
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 13, 2016
I was so excited about the opportunity to work from home as a nurse. However, this company has made it difficult for me to go to work everyday and I work from home. I have worked for this company for over a year. We have a 30 minute lunch break, 2-15 minute breaks. This is very fair in my opinion. However, recently they have decided to tack our restroom breaks onto the 15 minute breaks. So, now if we use the restroom throughout the day, it is subtracted from our 2-15 minute breaks. This is unbelievable. Management should treat their employees how they would like to be treated. I would not never nickle and dime someone of a quick 2 minute bathroom break. It doesn't take much time to run to the restroom and get back to work. It is disheartening. We are already penalized if we get sick and cannot come to work. There is a price to pay for what we want sometimes. I have the opportunity to work from home, but now with the micromanagement and with the high expectations in which the supervisors cannot even meet. I am currently seeking a new position at a different company.
Pros
work from home
Cons
penalized for restroom breaks and getting sick
nurse reviewer
Clinical Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 12, 2016
Company does not value their nursing staff at all. Attempting to replace the nursing knowledge of a nurse with a high school graduate with little clinical knowledge.
horrible place to work
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 7, 2016
Worked for this company for 5 years. Upper management has no clue what is going on. Expectations are unachievable. Never any positive feedback. If you don't have male genitalia then don't bother working here
Pros
get to work from home
Cons
Daily computer issues
ok place to work
Clinical Quality Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 4, 2016
Worked for this company for 4 years. I worked remotely from home and travel to customer sites. Ok, learned a great deal for my career. I saw a lot of company growth in 4 years
Great company to work for
Nonclinical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Evicore Healthcare, the company was great to work for but the compensation was not that good, they need to pay their employees better.
Pros
bonus
Cons
short lunches
They are trying to improve, but...
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 27, 2016
It's still a call center. A typical day at work involves answering calls the entire time you are clocked in, rarely having time to even take a sip of water. Management isn't available, because you have to be clocked in and on the phone all day. So if you have any difficulties you have to take your lunch or before work to handle them. They try to be helpful with having a gym on site, and outdoor areas to eat, and lots of training time, but you never have time once you start working to use any of the resources. If you step a toe even a tiny bit out of line, you get immediately reprimanded and/or fired, and they are monitoring you at all times.
Pros
they pay you
Cons
no benefits for three months, low pay, heavy work load
This place is a joke!
CDS (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 23, 2016
I have worked in several call centers and this one is by far the worst! When I first started at this company I was told that there would be a lot of opportunities for advancement and that even though the pay was low, that raises were "well above other call centers in the industry." I have found that quite a few of us do not get the promotions that we have applied for, however, we have been given the responsibilities/duties of the positions that we applied for, and are expected to add them on to our current duties (i.e. types of calls) without any additional compensation. Supervisors/Managers refuse to take escalated calls. We have massive hold times and instead of hiring and training new people to do the job, we just shuffle our current people around causing long waits in other departments. When I started we had 4 weeks of training, now new employees are given 1 week of training but expected to perform at the same level that people with more training. We were told we would get bonuses and it took over a year to come through. The current bonus system is on a scale, however employees are not told what to do to increase their bonus, or why the current ones are at the level that they are. Employees are not appreciated, and have been told by management that we are all replaceable so we can feel free to stop complaining at any time. We have IT/phone issues on a daily basis, and instead of having them fixed, we are told that we need to work around them and make up for lost time on the phones. The whole place is noting but a joke. I leave work in tears nearly every day and I want  more... to find a new job but have I have personally been so beat down by management here that I feel like I deserve this kind of treatment and that it is a lost cause to go and look elsewhere. Management has come right out and told people on the floor in the middle of the work day that they are stupid and lazy. There is also clear favoritism shown from management to specific employees. Run, don't walk away from eviCore!!!!!  less
Pros
Monday - Friday hours, Ability to work from home
Cons
Minimal training, Low pay, Micromanagement, Expensive benefit package
cutomer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 9, 2016
Job is okay wished they payed more I really like the job and I really enjoy working with medical I did go to school for my bachelors degree and did graduate with my bachelors
good company to work for
Clinical Decision Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 5, 2016
EviCore is a good company to work for. A typical day is taking calls and helping the doctors offices process requests for Catscans, MRI's etc. My co-workers are good people and who work hard and have a great team player ethic.
Pros
working from home, hoursand pay
Cons
very scripted
Worst place to work! Run away from here !!
Nurse reviewer (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 20, 2016
I have been with this company over 5 years. Management is horrible. The right don't know what the left is doing. Too much favoritism depends on who you are. Things change by the hour so there's no way to keep up. They don't care about quality only quantity of cases you can do per day. And no LPNs don't make the same as the RNs do! They do the same job unless you're in management. The health insurance is so expensive. There are multiple computer problems on a daily basis . When you are on the phones you have to email a supervisor for permission to go to the bathroom. It is hard to get PTO time approved. You do a shift bid every 6 months so whoever your supervisor likes best are the ones that get the shift they want. Some great people work here but also very rude people do to and they are the ones that get the promotions. They tell you all these wonderful things to suck you in and after a year or so you are garbage! Stay away, you have been warned ....
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Expensive insurance, rude staff and callers, everything in between
Great Work Life Balance
Talent Acquisition Specialist (contract) (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 17, 2016
I was able to work from home and was able to balance work and life. Leadership was available to answer any questions I had.
Brief summary
Non-Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 13, 2016
I am currently a Non-Clinical Contact Center Supervisor for the Notification Unit. Our department is responsible for verbally notifying both providers and members of case authorization statuses for radiology studies that were submitted to a patient's health insurance for pre-approval.
Absolute worst incompetent non-trained company
Clinical Review RN (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 22, 2016
Absolutely no training here. You are on your own basically. The trainers for nursing that they have are totally incompetent and do not train you for the job. At home, you are literally thrown into whatever cases they choose to put you in whether you are trained or not. It is so unfair to the members. The system is a continual mess, you only get a half hour for lunch and 2-15 minute breaks as a nurse but are expected to do 60-80 calls. With that, they should have an hour lunch so that employees can actually perform better. The supervisors do not supervise as most good nurses are used to. The supervisors only throw emails and IMs to you. They are mostly LPNs over RNs which is absolutely unethical and it truly does show in their leadership because they do not lead at all. The managers and higher up could careless as well. They will tell you one thing but it is not the truth. It is a whirlwind mess. I'm not an angry employee either, I'm stating facts. It is an absolute circus to try and get time off. The supervisors, managers and head of nursing do not know how to deal with it yet they would tell us to put time off in IEX which is a complete chaotic mess, then put it in the old system ADP. It is such a mess you wouldn't know what to put in and have zero guidance.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
All of the unethical demands with no training or guidance
not a good place to work.
CDS (Current Employee) –  bluffton, scApril 21, 2016
Worst place I've ever worked. These people do not care about your well being you are penalized for using the bathroom. The manager upstairs just walks around the floor making racial slurs at white and Spanish people. You will never move up or out of the department. You will never be appreciated
Pros
your check
Cons
healthcare. your pay. your time. Mandatory overtime. No time off No Bathroom Breaks
Enjoyed working from home
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 19, 2016
Overall this company was good to work for. It was great to work from home for the most part. I enjoyed working with the customers and on the computer. The worst part of working was the computer issues that would arise on a consistent basis. Management did not always communicate their needs clearly. The company had great benefits and PTO.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Adjusting to breaks and lunches with a busy schedule
Incompetent supervisors, lack integrity,
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 12, 2016
Currently employed. Lack of professionalism, managers/ supervisors are very poorly train and in dire need of leadership management education. Benefits suck, you have a high deductible for a single healthy person the annual deductible is $4,000 before they cover any benefits. Up on job offer you are given a list of all the great and wonderful benefits available however HR fails to mention that have a 90-day waiting period before you are eligible for benefits and after that they're almost unaffordable.

Constant daily sometimes hourly changes, to the point leadership can not answer questions or give direction,poor resources. CALL CENTER WITH NURSES. Unrealistic goal of a minimal 60 calls per/day, the more the merrier. One supervisor stated she took 100 calls per day; this gives you quantity not quality. I felt sorry for the poor patients from peds to geriatrics needing authorization for PETscans,MRI,chemotherapy....variety of studies that would effect their plan of treatment and life. eviCore reminded the staff we work for the insurance company. Poor physician's have to jump through hoops and unnecessary treatment required before getting the authorization for the needed study.

At least 2-3 times weekly, one of the programs would not work and you have a caller on the line with a frozen or black computer screen. eviCore did not want us to say we were having computer issues, they didn't want their contracted insurance companies to know.

Good pay for LPNs, suck for RNs; the salary is the same regardless if you are a LPN or RN. $58,000/ annually; not salary because if you
  more... miss a day in the 90 day period you don't get paid, because you are not eligible to use PTO until day 91, but you do get written up NO EXCUSES accepted, life or limb. Don’t forget that $4000 insurance deductible.

2 weeks of training with a combative, I'll prepared, incompetent trainer. She would become angry if you asked a question. So may changes, guess she did not have the answer.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
locked to the computer like a slave, every second is monitored, fake calls from company staff
Terrible company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 5, 2016
You are chained to your desk! No opportunities for growth, terrible management! The benefits are terrible. UHC, high deductibles! The best part of my day was leaving.
worst company ever
cds (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 24, 2016
Unfortunately I have been at this company for over 5 years.When I was first hired I really enjoyed working for them but not any more... as time goes on it just gets worse....benefits are non existent-----took away bonus,such as it was, lowered hsa account, raised insurance premiums, doubled the work load. Alot of nepotism in this company, supervisors are not worthy of the title. I can truly say the only good thing about this company is being able to work from home but that also has it's negative impact as well because this company will blame every internet issue on your ISP. I have never worked for a company that has so many inhouse technical issue..with dropping calls,locking up screens--this is a daily occurence and now I see that there have been multiple lawsuits regarding ethics..Wow...you do not want to work for this company..believe me...it is not worth the headaches and stress
Happy Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 8, 2016
I have worked in many call centers and none have been as pleasant to work in with as this company. I am extremely happy with the company and how they care about their employees.

2.8