eviCore healthcare Employee Reviews

Ok
Communications Specialist/Template Developer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 16, 2016
Job is wonderful. Love the folks I work with. We are an awesome team and do what needs to be done to accomplish the needed tasks.

Benefits are ok. For a healthcare company they have one of the worst health benefits.

Pay is not very comparable to industry standards.

Job security is questionable. There is no backing of employees by upper management. Quick to lay blame without the facts.
Pros
Co-workers, able to work remotely
Cons
Healthcare, no real job security, pay
They are trying to improve, but...
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 27, 2016
It's still a call center. A typical day at work involves answering calls the entire time you are clocked in, rarely having time to even take a sip of water. Management isn't available, because you have to be clocked in and on the phone all day. So if you have any difficulties you have to take your lunch or before work to handle them. They try to be helpful with having a gym on site, and outdoor areas to eat, and lots of training time, but you never have time once you start working to use any of the resources. If you step a toe even a tiny bit out of line, you get immediately reprimanded and/or fired, and they are monitoring you at all times.
Pros
they pay you
Cons
no benefits for three months, low pay, heavy work load
Excellent Place to work
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 12, 2016
Great training, great morale, great benefits, ability to work from home. Management consistent. No gossip tolerated. Everyone works together as a team which makes the work much more palatable. Great place to work.
Pros
Great Morale, easy to get time off when asked in advance
Cons
Inflexible schedule
Nice place to work
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 22, 2016
Stability
Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 22, 2016
Customer service
Job security
Professionalism
Equally opportunities
Benefits
Trained professional
Reliable
Consistency
Supportive
Responsibility
Respect
Worst place to work! Run away from here !!
Nurse reviewer (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 20, 2016
I have been with this company over 5 years. Management is horrible. The right don't know what the left is doing. Too much favoritism depends on who you are. Things change by the hour so there's no way to keep up. They don't care about quality only quantity of cases you can do per day. And no LPNs don't make the same as the RNs do! They do the same job unless you're in management. The health insurance is so expensive. There are multiple computer problems on a daily basis . When you are on the phones you have to email a supervisor for permission to go to the bathroom. It is hard to get PTO time approved. You do a shift bid every 6 months so whoever your supervisor likes best are the ones that get the shift they want. Some great people work here but also very rude people do to and they are the ones that get the promotions. They tell you all these wonderful things to suck you in and after a year or so you are garbage! Stay away, you have been warned ....
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Expensive insurance, rude staff and callers, everything in between
The only benefit is working from home!
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 13, 2016
I was so excited about the opportunity to work from home as a nurse. However, this company has made it difficult for me to go to work everyday and I work from home. I have worked for this company for over a year. We have a 30 minute lunch break, 2-15 minute breaks. This is very fair in my opinion. However, recently they have decided to tack our restroom breaks onto the 15 minute breaks. So, now if we use the restroom throughout the day, it is subtracted from our 2-15 minute breaks. This is unbelievable. Management should treat their employees how they would like to be treated. I would not never nickle and dime someone of a quick 2 minute bathroom break. It doesn't take much time to run to the restroom and get back to work. It is disheartening. We are already penalized if we get sick and cannot come to work. There is a price to pay for what we want sometimes. I have the opportunity to work from home, but now with the micromanagement and with the high expectations in which the supervisors cannot even meet. I am currently seeking a new position at a different company.
Pros
work from home
Cons
penalized for restroom breaks and getting sick
Very exciting and fast paced environment.
Director of Information Technologies (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYDecember 21, 2016
Managed the company’s complete computing infrastructure. Directed and educated all company personnel in developing and supporting total healthcare contact center functionality. Modified and maintained three client-driven legacy subscriber eligibility systems. Integrated legacy systems with a developed system to establish a consistency in process management.
Nice place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 19, 2016
It overall is a good company to work for, nothing bad to say at all. It is just that if you want something you have to be the best employee to get it.
Pros
They compensated well, pay is good along with PTO and they always did nice things free breakfast, lunch you name it.
Cons
Favoritism is throughout the company, you want to go places you have to be really close with management.
Think it to be a horrible, fustrating job.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 13, 2016
Tethered to desk. Reviewing for the medical necessity for advanced imaging. Case after case after case with what seems to be inadequate break time (which is measured down to the second). Work activity is monitored at all times. Very difficult process to request time off. Learned that sitting for long periods of time like that appears to put a tremendous strain on the human body. Really do not know co-workers since working from home. Hardest part of job is reviewing cases and having to go by the company guidelines even if in your judgement you might disagree. There is no enjoyable part to this job.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Seems very unrealistic expectations of employees.
Enjoyed working from home
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 19, 2016
Overall this company was good to work for. It was great to work from home for the most part. I enjoyed working with the customers and on the computer. The worst part of working was the computer issues that would arise on a consistent basis. Management did not always communicate their needs clearly. The company had great benefits and PTO.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Adjusting to breaks and lunches with a busy schedule
I love my job helping people. People I work with are awsome.
decision support representative (Current Employee) –  colorado springs coloradoJanuary 10, 2017
Computer system always breaking down. We are told to take calls with multiple case builds for one call, even if it goes way past our break. Stressful.
Pros
Enjoy the work and my Teammates.
Cons
You are told one thing to do even if the guide tells you to do something else, and your just suppose to know this, followed my supervisor on what to do and ended up getting a wriiten even though she told me to do it, whim of your manager for weather related issues, so basically the trust is gone with my supv and manager.
Recently expanded company with growing corporate expectations
Clinical Decision Support/Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2016
A decent place to work if you have any phone-service/customer service experience and practice with speaking/voice awareness, and any sort of medical background. A growing company, just recently merged with another company in the same field. Very rigid performance expectations, expect to be very carefully monitored on all calls.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Rigid Work Standards/Expectations
ok place to work
Clinical Quality Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 4, 2016
Worked for this company for 4 years. I worked remotely from home and travel to customer sites. Ok, learned a great deal for my career. I saw a lot of company growth in 4 years
Great company to work for
Nonclinical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Evicore Healthcare, the company was great to work for but the compensation was not that good, they need to pay their employees better.
Pros
bonus
Cons
short lunches
Great location; beautiful office; open coffee bar available all day; great break room; lounge; game room; onsite gym.
Non Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2016
Employees are all great people and friendships made daily. Great training team. Superior non clinical Supervisor team. Co Workers are all fantastic. Growing company.
Pros
Free coffee; great co workers; beautiful building accommodations;
Terrible company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 5, 2016
You are chained to your desk! No opportunities for growth, terrible management! The benefits are terrible. UHC, high deductibles! The best part of my day was leaving.
good company to work for
Clinical Decision Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 5, 2016
EviCore is a good company to work for. A typical day is taking calls and helping the doctors offices process requests for Catscans, MRI's etc. My co-workers are good people and who work hard and have a great team player ethic.
Pros
working from home, hoursand pay
Cons
very scripted
No work life balance
RN clinical reviewer (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 16, 2015
Absolutely no work life balance. Have to beg to even get a few hours off. Everything is for the good of the company. Always busy on phonecalls. If not busy then need to be working something else. Ask 10 supervisors a question and get 10 different answers. No cohesive or supportive management.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off, Working remote so you don't have to be in an office all day with these people
Cons
Management sucks . Every minute of your day needs to be accounted for.
Extreme Lack Of Structure
Multiple Departments (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 15, 2015
Evicore Healthcare(Formerly Known as Carecore National) has the potential to be a great company. The main problem is the lack of structure and communication within the company along with their lack of dedication to the hard working agents who have been there for years.

New employees get the royal treatment with policies being geared towards them and access to the advancements where as the hardworking dedicated long term employees get neglected and eventually pushed out and under appreciated.

Another issue is taking time off. Your time will almost ALWAYS be rejected unless it is put into IEX in advance. Since the company has merged with med solutions and changed to evicore healthcare there has been alot of confusion on salaries between the company along with processes and how they work.

Overall If you are looking for a growing company that is rewarding I would most certainly look elsewhere. With the mis-handling of things Im suprise they have lasted this long.
Pros
Working from home, Good amount of PTO once you are there for 5+ years
Cons
Lack of structure, Alot of promotions/moves to other departments with no raises, VERY difficult to get time off even for family emergencies, Strict daily restroom schedules, Very poor management with virtually no direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eviCore healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9