Evins Personnel Employee Reviews

Great temp agency to work for
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 14, 2016
I have worked with this agency on and off over a year now. Staff is great. Receptionist is always helpful. Company finds assignments that match my skills and work experience.
Pros
Work with great companies in the Austin area
Cons
No benefits-unless you work 3+ months continuously
Busy work
Records Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2015
Great job for those who like to keep busy. There is plenty of work and not enough hours in the day to complete it. Good job for feeling good about taking pride in what you do.
Pros
good job if you like to keep busy
Cons
no benefits, no advancement
Consistant and pleasant staff
Administrative Assignments (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2016
Enjoy working with staffing agency representatives who have maintained consistancy and accuracy upon job assignments. Team members always responsive and helpful.
Good team work
Medical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2016
Good times at work with productive meetings. Professional environment that is family oriented. Telecommunication and computer skills needed.
Work environments with possible expansion
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2012
Evins worked very fast in my case. I renewed my information with them and the next day or two I recieved a call asking for me to come in for a job. Staff were professional and did everything in a timely manner with me. No complaints...
Pros
nice co-workers, no micro managing, and easy access to good eateries
Cons
no benefits and low pay
temp agency
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  2855 mangum rdFebruary 18, 2016
i like the mangers and the overall company is great they find you work really fast sometimes u can start the same day, the pay is great and they give you options for your hours even though your a contract worker.
Wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work here!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2014
I am a former employee. I was originally suckered into accepting a position as a recruiter because I was desperate for any job and the owner had told me that someone starting out as a first-time recruiter makes about $40k the first year. YEAH RIGHT!!! The commission you do get, tuck that away because if you place someone (if you ever place someone) and they don't work out with the client within a 90 day period, then you have to pay that commission back. Also, the owner is the biggest micromanager you will ever meet. I would always do my best to not make eye contact with her so I wouldn't talk to her. She had gotten mad at me twice and scolded me for replying to e-mails outside of designated "paperwork" time. She recently had a window installed in her office so she could gaze out to the recruiting floor. I always dreaded coming into work and my day revolved around my break and lunch times. I honestly did my best to make the most out of it and tried to stay in a positive mindset for the better part of 2.5 months, but eventually couldn't take it anymore. You definitely don't get paid enough for all the work you do. $24k is the base and commission is a percentage of the employee's first year salary (not paid or taken out of employee placed). The direct-hire department here does not make any money because it is extremely hard to get employers to agree on paying the fee, but if they do agree, they are extremely picky about the candidates we would send over. The medical and temporary departments are the only ones that do great on their placements and make money. If you take a recruiter  more... position here, good luck because it will only be a matter of time until you're looking for another job.  less
Pros
Other recruiters are helpful and very nice!
Cons
Pay, job culture, owner
Great work environment
assembly/customer service (Current Employee) –  Austin TXApril 30, 2015
• Prepared work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
• Positioned parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
• Assembled components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
• Verified specifications by measuring completed component
• Resolved assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources
• Maintained safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Conserved resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
• Documented actions by completing production and quality forms
• Contributed to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Committed, friendly staff members who are very helful and efficient.
Temporary Staff Member (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 27, 2015
I was assigned to work at a Dog Boarding facility where my responsibilities included feeding, grooming, exercising and providing medication to an average of 25 dogs. Most of my co-workers were very pleasant and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was that the owner would blame the employees for issues which were caused by faulty equipment. I mostly enjoyed interacting with both the dogs as well as their owners.
Pros
The opportunity to spend time with Dogs.
Cons
Overly critical management, and faulty equipment.
They find you jobs quick, very professional, small company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harris County Toll Road AuthorityAugust 20, 2015
Evins Personnel is a staffing agency. They only have one location here in Houston. The staff are very friendly and professional.
Pros
Find you jobs quick, mainly hire for Harris County
Cons
They do not keep in touch or check on you while on assignment
medical assistant search
MA search (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxApril 4, 2015
1st and last time to ever trust in a job recruiting company. The girl at 1st was nice and was convincing. But then she kept calling to offer temp jobs when i needed full time.

Convinced me to accept a travis county job... waited 3 weeks and turned down 6 interviews because she said "its the county.. you cant deny this job. Its so secure, blah blah"

I only worked for 2 days because the supervisor didnt get the funds or some excuse.

The girl avoided my calls, i still kept putting in applications independently since she left me with no help for another week. Then, i guess she decided not to be my recruiter anymore so 3 other girls called me for other temp jobs and tried to get me back into a job that i had already worked for. One girl messed up an opportunity for me to work at a clinic by giving me the wrong instructions on dress code. I went in business attire instead of scrubs and ruined my chance to work at a clinic that could've paid me 17+/hr.

I do not recommend this place, they will not help you search full time positions since they will not get commission. Thats why they enforce temp jobs.. just do your own job search and save the hassle. :(
Pros
Cons
fees, no help, long waits to get interviewed, recruiter will avoid you if they make an error.
Various Positions
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2015
This was a temp placement agency so I was able to experience a lot of different types of environments with different types of people and management styles
Supported Network
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 25, 2013
Evin's is a placement agency that I worked with for a number of years. I was assigned to several long term temporary positions and offered many permanent positions. The agents were supportive of me and my search and provided me with constant opportunities. I was highly recommended by them and was even able to work in their office as a temp. I enjoyed everyone that I worked with at this agency.
Pros
supportive staff
Very professional
Employment Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 21, 2015
This was a wonderful company to work for. Very professional, nice and very respectful, It was a pleasure working for them.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Had to move out of state with new husband
They used to be a good company to work for
Revenue Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasNovember 30, 2012
If your put at the Comptroller's Office they really treat temps as that. You just have to go with the flow and know that you are there to just do a job and go home.
Pros
the work is easy, all you do is data entry and processing mail
Cons
you're an outsider and most treat you that way, they talk, enjoy themselves but you can't. the pay decreased twice in less than 6 months
an alright place to go to get a temp job
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Austin TxJune 4, 2012
At first it was fun and adventours till the Teacher aid position ended. Then they sent me to a edit clerk position downtown. That was the borest job i ever had. The hardest part was stay up and not falling asleep.
Pros
listen to music
Cons
sat all day can't talk
great place to find work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 7, 2014
patient check in and check out, payment posting. charge posting, scheduling, answer multi phone lines. appointment scheduling, surgery scheduling.
Great service
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2014
Great service offered

Busy all the time

Promoted to become a Shift Leader and train people

Good work place for new beginners.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evins Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8