Evolent Health Employee Reviews

Toxic environment
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2017
The workplace culture is a consistent level of blaming others for failures.
Many in senior management lack vision, and do not focus on what's important,i.e., supporting the clients that provide the revenue to make this a sustainable business.

HR Department does not do much to advocate on behalf of their employees
Pros
Free soda, partially subsidized health club
Evolent Health Is a great place to work.
Intake Auditor, UM Compliance (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2017
Evolent health is a great company to work for. They value their employee's. The offer competitive wages, They promote Healthy eating by providing it's employee's with healthy snacks. They have a great outreach/community program for employee's.
Pros
Free, Healthy snacks, 4 Community outreach days, that Evolent allows it's employees to participate in and Evolent pays you for these days.
Evolent
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2017
Company cares about it's employees. Work is dependent upon contracts so not the most stable long term. Good work life balance. Good pay and benefits.
Unhealthy and lacking teamwork
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 3, 2017
The company appears to be struggling to sustain themselves. They have bought several other companies over the last 2 years and integrating them is a difficult ongoing task.

The company culture has changed significantly in the past 2 years and teamwork that once was is now non-existent. There is a cut-throat, competitive, individual entitlement atmosphere. You're highly likely to be thrown under the bus at the first opportunity by any one of your peers.

The company recently required all employees attend "unconscious bias" training that was worthless for changing anything about the day-to-day culture.

I hope things will improve for this company, they have a good mission and positive ideals to change the nation's healthcare system for the better.
Pros
25 days PTO, ability to work remotely, complimentary healthy snacks and beverages in break room
Cons
day-to-day culture is unhealthy, many managers who direct the work of others lack basic people-skills
Fun work place
EDI Healthcare Analyst - Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Very nice place to work and everyone was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the fact that no one was micro-managing. I learned a lot working for Evolent and the department i worked in had friendly and well experienced employees.
MANAGER - QUALITY ASSURANCE AND IMROVEMENT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
Evolent is a great company to work for. Had my position not been eliminated I would not be leaving them. I had hoped to work for them for many years. Not many companies provide the same benefits, time off, holidays, flex hours and a highly skilled team of healthcare professionals all dedicated to improving the quality of health care in the USA. I've met a lot of great people and have enjoyed my time with Evolent.
Pros
Benefits, people, Salaries
Cons
Contract positions that can be eliminated if the contract changes
Great place to work, few mismatches
RN Care Advisor, Utilization Management (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 17, 2017
Overall a great place to work, management does not always reflect the mission of Evolent. They have to work on trust issues and mentoring and developing the staff.
Feels like a sinking ship; every man for himself
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 14, 2017
Evolent pretends to be a mission-driven organization, but they are beholden to their shareholders first and foremost. As a result, they do not dedicate enough resources to ensure partners' success. Five years on, their processes are still a mess and they lack the operational ability and processes to bring teams together efficiently.

Their "work from wherever" policy is touted as a benefit, but really it just means that you are expected to work all the time; work-life balance is a joke. There are too many people who want to be thought leaders, and too few people actually doing the work. Management is young and inexperienced. I'd be surprised if they are still in business 10 years from now.
Turned my world upside down
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 13, 2017
Hired in a new territory worked only a few months because they decided to pause for 6 months (their words). I left a secure job I had of 8 years and I turned down nursing school to work at Evolent. Their decision has impacted my life I have a disabled child and I am a single parent. However they did give me a severance that was fair but I would rather work. The manager I ended up with was the best the manager that hired me not so much. Evolent had bought into an ACO in GA and the ACO has a different vision than Evolent and its very small so they have no real policy and procedure in place. Anyway that's why my review is kind of up and down. I wished it wouldve worked out with Evolent
Pros
Great pay and benefits and opportunity to learn
Cons
In the town i was at Evolent and that ACO has a different vision which makes it hard to work there
Fine job
Program coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 7, 2017
Nothing special; this was a stepping stone to grad school for me. People are smart and motivated. Managers leave something to be desired. PTO is generous.
Best place to for as a Developer
Sr. SQL BI Developer in Data Integration (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 31, 2017
This is one of the best places to work, i enjoyed working here, It is very professional and very friendly people around. Management is good. Definitely will work in this company if given an opportunity.
Productive and fun place to work for
Patient Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GaJuly 28, 2017
Great company - Love the people, off site training, 25 DAYS of PTO - Great management, Quarterly meetings to keep you updated, 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Pros
25 days PTO, Healthcare, open door policy, remonte jobs
Cons
Not to many jobs in Ga.
Poor leadership
Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 27, 2017
The management in Arlington seems ok, but here in Dayton the staff changes and work load is unmanageable. Expectations are not well explained. Turnover is non stop. This is not the job I interviewed for, the bonus is not as described from Arlington. You cannot work enough hours in the day to do the amount of work they constantly are telling you that you are worthless .
Great environment
Utilization Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
I loved the job. The people were gossipers but the job was great. I loved being downtown . This job was never stressful but the supervisors whisper all day long which is pretty uncomfortable but that is all.
Great culture with extreme growth
Actuary (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 12, 2017
This company has grown tremendously since their start up in 2011. Their culture is vibrant and the experience has been challenging yet professionally viable.
Pros
culture, experience
Cons
support
my first experience
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 23, 2017
day is very typical as the other companies.
i have learned bunch stuff from my manager and dev-ops.
management is very caring and human based.
workplace culture is the best.
there is nothing hard when you have perfect team whenever you can ask for any help.
working with such a amazing people.
Stay away from IT
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 15, 2017
Stay away from IT. Fast growing company with a lot of opportunity, great Compensation and benefit. Favoritism and toxic work culture in IT. Micro management is common and unqualified employees quickly got promoted to team lead.
Pros
Fast growing company with a lot of opportunity, Great Compensation and Benefit
Cons
Favortism, toxic work culture
CS fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
A good place to work benefits are good . nice people to work for. they are really getting to now the customers and what they need to work better with.
Great place to get experience but lacks strong middle management
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 30, 2017
Pros:
PTO, great office in good location, great coworkers,great experience, and inspiring work.

Cons: Favoritism which leads to promotions of under-qualified people into management leading to poor middle management.
Great Environment
Service Delivery Manager (SDM) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
Evolent Health is formally known as Valence Health. It has been a great place to work and grow in my career. There have been lots of changes in the past year in and a half as the transition took place. Overall, the environment stayed very positive. The hardest part of my job was having to wait on other operational teams or departments to deliver updates or completion of work. As a Service Delivery Manager, it was my job to act as the middle person between our operational teams and our clients. Not being able to deliver updates is never fun. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work remote. If I had to work from home that was o.k. as long as I the job was done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolent Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2