Evolent Health Employee Reviews

Interview process
Interview process (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 23, 2016
The interview process was long & lengthy and a complete waste of time. I had at least 5 phone interviews and I met with 7 people at Evolent in Arlington for a 4 hour face to face interview. Everyone seemed very nice and I felt connected to the people interviewing me. This was over a 4 month time frame and I must of spent hundred of dollars paying for a babysitter during the interview process and I never heard back from Evolent to see if I got the job or not. Very unprofessional of Evolent
positive atmosphere
Nurse Care Advisor / Case Management (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 28, 2016
flexible schedule
more over the phone care instead of face to face with patients.
No hands on patient care.
Working with patients who need additional help in managing their health care needs.
Managers will break laws to advance.
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2016
Worked as a case manager in the Indianapolis office. The managers were not advanced to managerial positions because of their abilities (except on paper).
A friend/co-worker worked on a team where if you asked the manager a question she didn't know the answer to, she would ignore you until you went away.
I worked for a temp manager brought in to cover while the regular manager was on maternity leave. This temp mngr literally told us to go in to active patient cases and put in false information in those cases so as to get the answers for a qualification test for Milliman that IU Health was requiring us to pass to work on their cases.
The Managers for the nurse case managers were lazy, they lied at the drop of a hat, they blamed the employees for stuff that had nothing to do with the employees or their job performance.
Worse leadership ever.
Pros
Breakroom snacks and support staff are both way above normal
Cons
Managers behaved in a criminal fashion and "the wheels on the bus go round and round" .
Great company
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 9, 2016
Very good part-time work. Seems like a great company and is growing rapidly. Everyone that I have interacted with in the company is very professional and nice.
Indianapolis office ran poorly. Poor management and team leaders!
Transitions Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2016
The culture at the corporate head office in Virginia is totally misleading. This company made a mistake in taking on the IU employees who got fired from IU and had no choice to take jobs with Evolent or they would lose their severance. There is constant complaining and a lack of work ethic. Evolent took these employees and made them managers and supervisors, who have less credentials than new hires and the result is they are incredibly afraid for their job security. These people will make you question the company and their goals for the Indy office. My team lead, manager and director were very rude, probably to compensate for their lack of knowledge and skills. No chance to advance in this company, rather the management hire external "buddies".
There is a culture committee in place in Indianapolis, although the planned events are attended by managers and culture committee members only, so sad!
Pros
Virginia Culture
Cons
Poor management, Expect you to work double and triple case loads and beyond your 40 hours.
Startup Organization
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
Startup with many ups and downs while trying to figure out what they want to be when they grow up

Growing organization with opportunity to be a difference maker in the healthcare industry
Excellent employer
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 17, 2016
This is a 5 star company that invests in their employees in order to maintain a high quality of service for their clients.
Productive and innovative work place
Registered Nurse Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2016
Evolent is a fast pace and innovative company that offers top of the line healthcare models and information technology to help physician-led health plans across the company. Offers great compensation and benefits.
Awesome Culture
Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 27, 2016
This is an amazing company striving to make big changes in the health care industry. It's a fun laid back environment that encourages team building and provides its employees with great benefits.
Pros
Salary, Management, Benefits
start-up energy, but regular restructuring
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 3, 2015
After 3+ years, there was still a start-up culture, with constantly changing priorities and goals, leading to regular restructuring. Lots of wasted work and duplicate work due to unclear objectives. The up-side of a start-up is that there are lots of intelligent, energetic, hard working people that help make things work in a crunch.
Pros
workstation treadmills, standing desks, healthy food in breakroom
Cons
start-up, regular-restructuring, unstable
If you think it is too good to be true, IT IS.
Health Educator -$60,000 (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 25, 2015
I wish I could say they keep all of their promises, and that it is as good as they make it sound, but it's not. The job description you are given at time of hire is not reviewed with you, ever, and does not represent what you are actually expected to do. You are not given the tools you need to succeed, and even when you are practically begging for them, management can't figure out how to give you what you need, but they still expect you to meet program goals and make the program successful. They want you to think that it is all about the patients, but it's not, at all. It is all about the numbers, but management will tell you it's not all about the numbers, and then reprimand you when the numbers aren't good enough. It is a sad, sad situation.
Pros
Free snacks and beverages
Cons
Everything else, espcially work/life balance...because there is none
Work hard, play hard culture
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 6, 2015
Laid-back atmosphere where everyone seems to get along really well. Very collaborative work environment, where no one is ashamed of asking "dumb" questions, and no one is holding out info from someone else in order to "gain a competitive advantage." Does not seem like a corporate setting whatsoever. Everyone is very warm, welcoming, understanding, and compassionate. Social environment, where all office space is open so you don't feel like you're trapped away in a corner. Highly recommend, especially if you are trying to get into the public health industry. Evolent is an up-and-comer, for sure.
Pros
Open work environment, culture, atmosphere, desks height adjusters, pool table, XBOX, cafeteria/break rooms, wellness rooms, work treadmills, private work areas
excellant company to work for
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed the work. The group I worked with were very nice. il I liked going to work each day. The management were very helpful. I felt really appreciated. I just wish it had lasted . I did the returned mail and also generated the procedure approval letters to the patients for preauthorization of tests that the doctor had ordered. I would return in a minute if they called me back. the company is excellent to work for. They do appreciate their employees. they show their appreciation in many different ways. I give them a 5 star The hardest part of the job was leaving. The best part of the job was the kindness showed by the upper management. I learned how the pre authorization was done and the process of sending the letter to the patient. each day I completed the return mail and sent back to the nurse that had sent it out. I then sent the approval letters to the patient and doctor. The letters were sent to the people so they were aware of the cost being paid. The only reason that I left was the work load had shifted and the job i had was taken over by the nurses that approved the procedure. SO my job was cut in half and they did not have enough work to keep me busy 8 hours. Also was advised if the work picked up they would call me back. They also advised I could use them as a reference .That just shows how they cared about their employees.
Pros
free snacks and very good upper management
Cons
there are no cons
Amazing company with a wonderful mission
Talent Team (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 20, 2015
I have never seen so many talented people in one space. Innovative and hard working with the knowledge to manage talent properly.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible schedule, free snacks and beverages.
Cons
Roles can be a little confusing, but thats normal with a young company.
Arlington, VA
UM Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2015
Evolent Health is a great company to work for. The benefits introduced are awesome. The activities and meetings held at or near the corporate office, look and seem to be exciting, with a great team building concept.
Pros
Team building activities
Cons
Management can be more productive
Fast Paced Exciting Healthcare Company
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 1, 2013
Evolent Health is located in a beautiful office space in Ballston VA right out of DC. We are growing like crazy and the company is a very exciting place to work. The company recruits top-caliber talent and has very competitive benefits. Employees are passionate about the mission of the company and are result driven risk takers.
Pros
Walking Treadmill Stations, Free Fitbits for Every Employee, In Office Healthy Snacks, 25 days PTO, casual dress code
Poor management and training-Indianapolis
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJanuary 18, 2015
Management was confusing, The more training we had the more confusing our initiative and goals were.
My manager was very rude, probably to compensate for his lack of knowledge.
Coworkers were a great group and tried to hang in during the confusion.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too many meetings with nothing accomplished
Really nice ppl and excellent environment to work in
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 15, 2013
Evolent health is a really really excellent place to work and teammates are so nice to get along with.
Case Manger (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreAugust 15, 2013
long days
great patient relationships
great team
rewarding
Pros
salary and innovative
Cons
comute to Arlington company office
Indianapolis Office is ran poorly! Team leader and management has real job security issues!
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN.February 25, 2015
The culture at the Virginia office will have you eager to be a part of the company! Beware if you are educated and minority working in the Indy office... They're initial requirements are that you be certified in your field but none of your peers are, so if you are credentialed and your team lead Isn't you will have real issues! They do not train you on systems, do not provide you with training materials but complain about the company not having it together. Well my analysis is that the company made a mistake of taking 50+ year old IU employees, calling them Pharmacy Technicians and making them managers and team leads when they weren't managers, pharmacy tech's or team leads for IU! The "Manager" takes orders from a whiny 50+ year old team lead who has never led anyone or worked as a pharm tech a day in her life! These people will make you question the company and their goals for the Indy office. My first day of work there the manager let me know they had inferiority issues when she told me that she chose me over another Technician because she had leadership potential and she was afraid she may try to take her job! Well the way I see it is if someone is better at the job than you and more qualified then that's what the company needs! Instead the "Golden Girls" gossip all day and talk about their co-workers! Good thing I'm educated and credentialed because I walked out mid day and landed a position with a company that embraces knowledge and believes in equality! Oh yeah, on my orientation day I was to have lunch with a member from my department but I ended paying for my lunch  more... and theirs! They "left their money at home!" But they took me to their favorite restaurant and the bill was $27.00! I'm still waiting to be reimbursed...  less
Pros
Virginia Culture
Cons
Poor Management, Inferiority complexes, Nasty office chatter, Not diversified, Expect you not to take your lunch, monitor your restroom breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolent Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Evolent Health Reviews by Location