Evolent Health Employee Reviews

Great place to work, few mismatches
RN Care Advisor, Utilization Management (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 17, 2017
Overall a great place to work, management does not always reflect the mission of Evolent. They have to work on trust issues and mentoring and developing the staff.
Feels like a sinking ship; every man for himself
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 14, 2017
Evolent pretends to be a mission-driven organization, but they are beholden to their shareholders first and foremost. As a result, they do not dedicate enough resources to ensure partners' success. Five years on, their processes are still a mess and they lack the operational ability and processes to bring teams together efficiently.

Their "work from wherever" policy is touted as a benefit, but really it just means that you are expected to work all the time; work-life balance is a joke. There are too many people who want to be thought leaders, and too few people actually doing the work. Management is young and inexperienced. I'd be surprised if they are still in business 10 years from now.
Turned my world upside down
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 13, 2017
Hired in a new territory worked only a few months because they decided to pause for 6 months (their words). I left a secure job I had of 8 years and I turned down nursing school to work at Evolent. Their decision has impacted my life I have a disabled child and I am a single parent. However they did give me a severance that was fair but I would rather work. The manager I ended up with was the best the manager that hired me not so much. Evolent had bought into an ACO in GA and the ACO has a different vision than Evolent and its very small so they have no real policy and procedure in place. Anyway that's why my review is kind of up and down. I wished it wouldve worked out with Evolent
Pros
Great pay and benefits and opportunity to learn
Cons
In the town i was at Evolent and that ACO has a different vision which makes it hard to work there
Fine job
Program coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 7, 2017
Nothing special; this was a stepping stone to grad school for me. People are smart and motivated. Managers leave something to be desired. PTO is generous.
Best place to for as a Developer
Sr. SQL BI Developer in Data Integration (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 31, 2017
This is one of the best places to work, i enjoyed working here, It is very professional and very friendly people around. Management is good. Definitely will work in this company if given an opportunity.
Productive and fun place to work for
Patient Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GaJuly 28, 2017
Great company - Love the people, off site training, 25 DAYS of PTO - Great management, Quarterly meetings to keep you updated, 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Pros
25 days PTO, Healthcare, open door policy, remonte jobs
Cons
Not to many jobs in Ga.
Poor leadership
Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 27, 2017
The management in Arlington seems ok, but here in Dayton the staff changes and work load is unmanageable. Expectations are not well explained. Turnover is non stop. This is not the job I interviewed for, the bonus is not as described from Arlington. You cannot work enough hours in the day to do the amount of work they constantly are telling you that you are worthless .
Great environment
Utilization Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
I loved the job. The people were gossipers but the job was great. I loved being downtown . This job was never stressful but the supervisors whisper all day long which is pretty uncomfortable but that is all.
Great culture with extreme growth
Actuary (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 12, 2017
This company has grown tremendously since their start up in 2011. Their culture is vibrant and the experience has been challenging yet professionally viable.
Pros
culture, experience
Cons
support
my first experience
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 23, 2017
day is very typical as the other companies.
i have learned bunch stuff from my manager and dev-ops.
management is very caring and human based.
workplace culture is the best.
there is nothing hard when you have perfect team whenever you can ask for any help.
working with such a amazing people.
Stay away from IT
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 15, 2017
Stay away from IT. Fast growing company with a lot of opportunity, great Compensation and benefit. Favoritism and toxic work culture in IT. Micro management is common and unqualified employees quickly got promoted to team lead.
Pros
Fast growing company with a lot of opportunity, Great Compensation and Benefit
Cons
Favortism, toxic work culture
CS fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
A good place to work benefits are good . nice people to work for. they are really getting to now the customers and what they need to work better with.
Great place to get experience but lacks strong middle management
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 30, 2017
Pros:
PTO, great office in good location, great coworkers,great experience, and inspiring work.

Cons: Favoritism which leads to promotions of under-qualified people into management leading to poor middle management.
Great Environment
Service Delivery Manager (SDM) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
Evolent Health is formally known as Valence Health. It has been a great place to work and grow in my career. There have been lots of changes in the past year in and a half as the transition took place. Overall, the environment stayed very positive. The hardest part of my job was having to wait on other operational teams or departments to deliver updates or completion of work. As a Service Delivery Manager, it was my job to act as the middle person between our operational teams and our clients. Not being able to deliver updates is never fun. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work remote. If I had to work from home that was o.k. as long as I the job was done.
Employees seem like family
Client Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  my homeMarch 13, 2017
A typical day of work is going to the office in my house. I worked remotely on the computer all day while the corporate headquarters is in Arlington VA . I supported our Health Care Clients to more successfully supply value based health care to their providers.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
not much socal interaction
Great Company, Poor mid-level management
IT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 11, 2017
Great work/ life balance. Poor mid-level management and slowing career advancement due to drastic work environment changes.
positive atmosphere
Nurse Care Advisor / Case Management (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 28, 2016
flexible schedule
more over the phone care instead of face to face with patients.
No hands on patient care.
Working with patients who need additional help in managing their health care needs.
Great company
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 9, 2016
Very good part-time work. Seems like a great company and is growing rapidly. Everyone that I have interacted with in the company is very professional and nice.
Excellent employer
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 17, 2016
This is a 5 star company that invests in their employees in order to maintain a high quality of service for their clients.
Managers will break laws to advance.
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2016
Worked as a case manager in the Indianapolis office. The managers were not advanced to managerial positions because of their abilities (except on paper).
A friend/co-worker worked on a team where if you asked the manager a question she didn't know the answer to, she would ignore you until you went away.
I worked for a temp manager brought in to cover while the regular manager was on maternity leave. This temp mngr literally told us to go in to active patient cases and put in false information in those cases so as to get the answers for a qualification test for Milliman that IU Health was requiring us to pass to work on their cases.
The Managers for the nurse case managers were lazy, they lied at the drop of a hat, they blamed the employees for stuff that had nothing to do with the employees or their job performance.
Worse leadership ever.
Pros
Breakroom snacks and support staff are both way above normal
Cons
Managers behaved in a criminal fashion and "the wheels on the bus go round and round" .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolent Health. Our community is ready to answer.