Evolent Health Employee Reviews

Stay away from IT
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 15, 2017
Stay away from IT. Fast growing company with a lot of opportunity, great Compensation and benefit. Favoritism and toxic work culture in IT. Micro management is common and unqualified employees quickly got promoted to team lead.
Pros
Fast growing company with a lot of opportunity, Great Compensation and Benefit
Cons
Favortism, toxic work culture
CS fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
A good place to work benefits are good . nice people to work for. they are really getting to now the customers and what they need to work better with.
Great place to get experience but lacks strong middle management
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 30, 2017
Pros:
PTO, great office in good location, great coworkers,great experience, and inspiring work.

Cons: Favoritism which leads to promotions of under-qualified people into management leading to poor middle management.
Great Environment
Service Delivery Manager (SDM) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
Evolent Health is formally known as Valence Health. It has been a great place to work and grow in my career. There have been lots of changes in the past year in and a half as the transition took place. Overall, the environment stayed very positive. The hardest part of my job was having to wait on other operational teams or departments to deliver updates or completion of work. As a Service Delivery Manager, it was my job to act as the middle person between our operational teams and our clients. Not being able to deliver updates is never fun. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work remote. If I had to work from home that was o.k. as long as I the job was done.
Employees seem like family
Client Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  my homeMarch 13, 2017
A typical day of work is going to the office in my house. I worked remotely on the computer all day while the corporate headquarters is in Arlington VA . I supported our Health Care Clients to more successfully supply value based health care to their providers.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
not much socal interaction
Great Company, Poor mid-level management
IT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 11, 2017
Great work/ life balance. Poor mid-level management and slowing career advancement due to drastic work environment changes.
positive atmosphere
Nurse Care Advisor / Case Management (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 28, 2016
flexible schedule
more over the phone care instead of face to face with patients.
No hands on patient care.
Working with patients who need additional help in managing their health care needs.
Great company
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 9, 2016
Very good part-time work. Seems like a great company and is growing rapidly. Everyone that I have interacted with in the company is very professional and nice.
Excellent employer
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 17, 2016
This is a 5 star company that invests in their employees in order to maintain a high quality of service for their clients.
Managers will break laws to advance.
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2016
Worked as a case manager in the Indianapolis office. The managers were not advanced to managerial positions because of their abilities (except on paper).
A friend/co-worker worked on a team where if you asked the manager a question she didn't know the answer to, she would ignore you until you went away.
I worked for a temp manager brought in to cover while the regular manager was on maternity leave. This temp mngr literally told us to go in to active patient cases and put in false information in those cases so as to get the answers for a qualification test for Milliman that IU Health was requiring us to pass to work on their cases.
The Managers for the nurse case managers were lazy, they lied at the drop of a hat, they blamed the employees for stuff that had nothing to do with the employees or their job performance.
Worse leadership ever.
Pros
Breakroom snacks and support staff are both way above normal
Cons
Managers behaved in a criminal fashion and "the wheels on the bus go round and round" .

Want to know more about Evolent Health?

Ask a question
Indianapolis office ran poorly. Poor management and team leaders!
Transitions Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2016
The culture at the corporate head office in Virginia is totally misleading. This company made a mistake in taking on the IU employees who got fired from IU and had no choice to take jobs with Evolent or they would lose their severance. There is constant complaining and a lack of work ethic. Evolent took these employees and made them managers and supervisors, who have less credentials than new hires and the result is they are incredibly afraid for their job security. These people will make you question the company and their goals for the Indy office. My team lead, manager and director were very rude, probably to compensate for their lack of knowledge and skills. No chance to advance in this company, rather the management hire external "buddies".
There is a culture committee in place in Indianapolis, although the planned events are attended by managers and culture committee members only, so sad!
Pros
Virginia Culture
Cons
Poor management, Expect you to work double and triple case loads and beyond your 40 hours.
excellant company to work for
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed the work. The group I worked with were very nice. il I liked going to work each day. The management were very helpful. I felt really appreciated. I just wish it had lasted . I did the returned mail and also generated the procedure approval letters to the patients for preauthorization of tests that the doctor had ordered. I would return in a minute if they called me back. the company is excellent to work for. They do appreciate their employees. they show their appreciation in many different ways. I give them a 5 star The hardest part of the job was leaving. The best part of the job was the kindness showed by the upper management. I learned how the pre authorization was done and the process of sending the letter to the patient. each day I completed the return mail and sent back to the nurse that had sent it out. I then sent the approval letters to the patient and doctor. The letters were sent to the people so they were aware of the cost being paid. The only reason that I left was the work load had shifted and the job i had was taken over by the nurses that approved the procedure. SO my job was cut in half and they did not have enough work to keep me busy 8 hours. Also was advised if the work picked up they would call me back. They also advised I could use them as a reference .That just shows how they cared about their employees.
Pros
free snacks and very good upper management
Cons
there are no cons
Startup Organization
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
Startup with many ups and downs while trying to figure out what they want to be when they grow up

Growing organization with opportunity to be a difference maker in the healthcare industry
Interview process
Interview process (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 23, 2016
The interview process was long & lengthy and a complete waste of time. I had at least 5 phone interviews and I met with 7 people at Evolent in Arlington for a 4 hour face to face interview. Everyone seemed very nice and I felt connected to the people interviewing me. This was over a 4 month time frame and I must of spent hundred of dollars paying for a babysitter during the interview process and I never heard back from Evolent to see if I got the job or not. Very unprofessional of Evolent
Passion driven, but many can't handle quick change
Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 26, 2016
The company has a good culture. For the most part, you can see the passion that each employee has knowing that their job will have an impact on someone's life. The company is growing and changing rapidly to a point where requirements and processes can be lost in management.
Pros
Free snacks, nice office space, work from home capability
Cons
Lack of management, turnover
Awesome Culture
Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 27, 2016
This is an amazing company striving to make big changes in the health care industry. It's a fun laid back environment that encourages team building and provides its employees with great benefits.
Pros
Salary, Management, Benefits
Productive and innovative work place
Registered Nurse Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2016
Evolent is a fast pace and innovative company that offers top of the line healthcare models and information technology to help physician-led health plans across the company. Offers great compensation and benefits.
start-up energy, but regular restructuring
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 3, 2015
After 3+ years, there was still a start-up culture, with constantly changing priorities and goals, leading to regular restructuring. Lots of wasted work and duplicate work due to unclear objectives. The up-side of a start-up is that there are lots of intelligent, energetic, hard working people that help make things work in a crunch.
Pros
workstation treadmills, standing desks, healthy food in breakroom
Cons
start-up, regular-restructuring, unstable
If you think it is too good to be true, IT IS.
Health Educator -$60,000 (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 25, 2015
I wish I could say they keep all of their promises, and that it is as good as they make it sound, but it's not. The job description you are given at time of hire is not reviewed with you, ever, and does not represent what you are actually expected to do. You are not given the tools you need to succeed, and even when you are practically begging for them, management can't figure out how to give you what you need, but they still expect you to meet program goals and make the program successful. They want you to think that it is all about the patients, but it's not, at all. It is all about the numbers, but management will tell you it's not all about the numbers, and then reprimand you when the numbers aren't good enough. It is a sad, sad situation.
Pros
Free snacks and beverages
Cons
Everything else, espcially work/life balance...because there is none
Amazing company with a wonderful mission
Talent Team (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 20, 2015
I have never seen so many talented people in one space. Innovative and hard working with the knowledge to manage talent properly.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible schedule, free snacks and beverages.
Cons
Roles can be a little confusing, but thats normal with a young company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolent Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9