Evolent Health Employee Reviews in United States

If you think it is too good to be true, IT IS.
Health Educator -$60,000 (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 25, 2015
I wish I could say they keep all of their promises, and that it is as good as they make it sound, but it's not. The job description you are given at time of hire is not reviewed with you, ever, and does not represent what you are actually expected to do. You are not given the tools you need to succeed, and even when you are practically begging for them, management can't figure out how to give you what you need, but they still expect you to meet program goals and make the program successful. They want you to think that it is all about the patients, but it's not, at all. It is all about the numbers, but management will tell you it's not all about the numbers, and then reprimand you when the numbers aren't good enough. It is a sad, sad situation.
Pros
Free snacks and beverages
Cons
Everything else, espcially work/life balance...because there is none
Work hard, play hard culture
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 6, 2015
Laid-back atmosphere where everyone seems to get along really well. Very collaborative work environment, where no one is ashamed of asking "dumb" questions, and no one is holding out info from someone else in order to "gain a competitive advantage." Does not seem like a corporate setting whatsoever. Everyone is very warm, welcoming, understanding, and compassionate. Social environment, where all office space is open so you don't feel like you're trapped away in a corner. Highly recommend, especially if you are trying to get into the public health industry. Evolent is an up-and-comer, for sure.
Pros
Open work environment, culture, atmosphere, desks height adjusters, pool table, XBOX, cafeteria/break rooms, wellness rooms, work treadmills, private work areas
Interview process
Interview process (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 23, 2016
The interview process was long & lengthy and a complete waste of time. I had at least 5 phone interviews and I met with 7 people at Evolent in Arlington for a 4 hour face to face interview. Everyone seemed very nice and I felt connected to the people interviewing me. This was over a 4 month time frame and I must of spent hundred of dollars paying for a babysitter during the interview process and I never heard back from Evolent to see if I got the job or not. Very unprofessional of Evolent
start-up energy, but regular restructuring
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 3, 2015
After 3+ years, there was still a start-up culture, with constantly changing priorities and goals, leading to regular restructuring. Lots of wasted work and duplicate work due to unclear objectives. The up-side of a start-up is that there are lots of intelligent, energetic, hard working people that help make things work in a crunch.
Pros
workstation treadmills, standing desks, healthy food in breakroom
Cons
start-up, regular-restructuring, unstable
Passion driven, but many can't handle quick change
Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 26, 2016
The company has a good culture. For the most part, you can see the passion that each employee has knowing that their job will have an impact on someone's life. The company is growing and changing rapidly to a point where requirements and processes can be lost in management.
Pros
Free snacks, nice office space, work from home capability
Cons
Lack of management, turnover
Amazing company with a wonderful mission
Talent Team (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 20, 2015
I have never seen so many talented people in one space. Innovative and hard working with the knowledge to manage talent properly.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible schedule, free snacks and beverages.
Cons
Roles can be a little confusing, but thats normal with a young company.
Productive and innovative work place
Registered Nurse Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2016
Evolent is a fast pace and innovative company that offers top of the line healthcare models and information technology to help physician-led health plans across the company. Offers great compensation and benefits.
Awesome Culture
Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 27, 2016
This is an amazing company striving to make big changes in the health care industry. It's a fun laid back environment that encourages team building and provides its employees with great benefits.
Pros
Salary, Management, Benefits
Startup Organization
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
Startup with many ups and downs while trying to figure out what they want to be when they grow up

Growing organization with opportunity to be a difference maker in the healthcare industry
Arlington, VA
UM Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2015
Evolent Health is a great company to work for. The benefits introduced are awesome. The activities and meetings held at or near the corporate office, look and seem to be exciting, with a great team building concept.
Pros
Team building activities
Cons
Management can be more productive
Poor management and training-Indianapolis
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJanuary 18, 2015
Management was confusing, The more training we had the more confusing our initiative and goals were.
My manager was very rude, probably to compensate for his lack of knowledge.
Coworkers were a great group and tried to hang in during the confusion.
Pros
good salary
Cons
too many meetings with nothing accomplished
Fast Paced Exciting Healthcare Company
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 1, 2013
Evolent Health is located in a beautiful office space in Ballston VA right out of DC. We are growing like crazy and the company is a very exciting place to work. The company recruits top-caliber talent and has very competitive benefits. Employees are passionate about the mission of the company and are result driven risk takers.
Pros
walking treadmill stations, free fitbits for every employee, in office healthy snacks, 25 days pto, casual dress code
Indianapolis Office is ran poorly! Team leader and management has real job security issues!
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN.February 25, 2015
The culture at the Virginia office will have you eager to be a part of the company! Beware if you are educated and minority working in the Indy office... They're initial requirements are that you be certified in your field but none of your peers are, so if you are credentialed and your team lead Isn't you will have real issues! They do not train you on systems, do not provide you with training materials but complain about the company not having it together. Well my analysis is that the company made a mistake of taking 50+ year old IU employees, calling them Pharmacy Technicians and making them managers and team leads when they weren't managers, pharmacy tech's or team leads for IU! The "Manager" takes orders from a whiny 50+ year old team lead who has never led anyone or worked as a pharm tech a day in her life! These people will make you question the company and their goals for the Indy office. My first day of work there the manager let me know they had inferiority issues when she told me that she chose me over another Technician because she had leadership potential and she was afraid she may try to take her job! Well the way I see it is if someone is better at the job than you and more qualified then that's what the company needs! Instead the "Golden Girls" gossip all day and talk about their co-workers! Good thing I'm educated and credentialed because I walked out mid day and landed a position with a company that embraces knowledge and believes in equality! Oh yeah, on my orientation day I was to have lunch with a member from my department but I ended paying for my lunch  more... and theirs! They "left their money at home!" But they took me to their favorite restaurant and the bill was $27.00! I'm still waiting to be reimbursed...  less
Pros
virginia culture
Cons
poor management, inferiority complexes, nasty office chatter, not diversified, expect you not to take your lunch, monitor your restroom breaks
Case Manger (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreAugust 15, 2013
long days
great patient relationships
great team
rewarding
Pros
salary and innovative
Cons
comute to arlington company office