Evonik Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Growing company with many interesting opportunities to keep growning
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 10, 2015
I have loved working at Evonik. I have gotten some very interesting opportunities here, and the management is very helpful and takes time to address your needs to help you be productive.
Pros
Good Compensation, growing quickly, friendly environment, ESH culture, casual dress
Cons
Lacking in some organization (growing pains), some equipment and personnel availability concerns, can end up working long hours on a limited schedule
Great company
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 10, 2016
Overall Evonik Industries is an amazing company. Safety is top priority. This company offers various benefits to the employees such as on the job training, certifications, and tuition reimbursement.
Overall a great place to work
Internship - Applications Technologies, Silica (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 17, 2016
The job was interesting and fulfilling, the people were great, and management was extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Great place to learn
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 17, 2016
Worked as an engineering intern. Learned as much within the production environment as I did in school. Intern program was structured in a way to develop skills in all areas of production
Pros
Co-workers, scheduling
Good Company, but Unappreciative
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, IndianaDecember 10, 2014
On a daily basis, I make sure all the lab technicians have the supplies they need to make sure they can do their jobs in a timely manner.

I have learned that many things from Evonik like making sure to stay organized and I have updated my skills in Word, Excel. Also I learned how to use SAP and TabFusion.

Management is great, they fix any problems that you have and always listen when you need something.

Co-workers are pleasant. Everyone is nice and welcoming.

The hardest part about my job is to keep up with the logbooks. No everyone informs me of when a logbook has been taken out of the cabinet and then I have to go on a scavenger hunt just to find the book.

I enjoy my job because I get to meet many different kinds of people from different cultures.
Pros
good experience
Cons
terrible pay, not enough hours
Solid Company with Average Pay and great benefits
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Good Company but career growth in upper management is difficult since it's a German Company. Most high positions are filled with German X-PATS. Excellent 401K and Retirement plan benefits. Good work environment and diverse product portfolio.
Productive place
Technical Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  BrazilAugust 31, 2015
Workplace productive with huge opportunity to develop personal and professional skills. Also you can find excelent place to be creative and improve the management skills.
World Class work environment
Business Line Controller (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 10, 2013
A typical day at work is very dynamic and productive. I have to deal with a lot of financial and business issues everyday. Our department works hand-in-hands with other departments in the company. I.e. we work with Customer Service, Sales Representatives, Logistics, Supply Chain and Plant Operation. In addition, we work closely with our co-workers in a team spirit in order to meet our goals. I also work with internal and external auditors to comply with all the auditing procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling and meeting with our co-workers in Germany Headquarters. We are benefited each other by cross culture training. The hardest part of the job is to meet the tight deadlines and delivery all additional projects on time with high quality.
Pros
provide very reasonable and healthy breakfast/lunch
Cons
difficult to take a long vacation
Good company but no defined culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  USOctober 9, 2014
Good company but no defined culture. Hardest part of job is understanding priorities due to rapid company changes and no defined processes/procedures. Good people and very business focused.
Enjoyable work and work environment.
Formulation Development Engineer, Intern (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 5, 2014
Evonik gives an enjoyable work environment and pleasant co-workers that are very team oriented. I have learned many things about pharmaceutical processing for both small scale and GMP manufacturing. Each project presents its own unique challenges and trouble shooting through these issues has been very rewarding.
Great Work Environment
Senior Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern California, Nevada,Central Coast,ArizonaAugust 11, 2012
Call on Distributors, End User and Cold Called B2B.I have learned a lot about all levels of responsibility requirements for leading and directing. I greatly enjoy the challenges of working with different markets and developing long term relationships.In this unique position, I work collaboratively with a talented team of marketing managers and sales professionals.
Great Experience
Freight Payment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 19, 2014
I really enjoyed working for and with this company. The enivronment was wonderful. I only wish it was a direct hire.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
not perm.
In only a short stint at Evonik I learned the definition of hard work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARAugust 6, 2012
Evonik Industries has a friendly work environment, but also a very hardworking group of people.