Evoqua Water Technologies Employee Reviews

Nice people, poor management
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 9, 2017
High turnover
Too many "managers" not enough workers
Secretive management style, no transparency
Senior management is only concerned with their bonuses and incentives and not about the employees.
No work life balance. Employees expected to work 9+ hours per day and weekends
Pay current employees poorly compared to new hires brought in at same level
Poorly managed company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Pinching pennies in the wrong places like your paychecks. Management is out of touch with anything that doesn't involve making them look good to the investment company that owns them (AEA investors). Miscommunication among departments because of childish managers don't want to work together. They tell you that working over 40 hrs isn't in the company budget, yet they spend a fortune all the time on catering and buying food for everyone in the office... all while your family is at home starving because you couldn't work overtime to afford groceries. No advancement opportunities and if you ask you get ignored - They rather hire someone that is under qualified and a part of the "good 'ol boy network" and pay them more than you.
Pros
It's a job and the pay was fair.
Cons
Great company to work for.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 16, 2017
Great company to work for. The people get along very well together and they collaborate on projects very nicely. Even when there are differences people work through them productively.
Great co-workers. terrible middle management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2017
Overall I very much like this company, but management is lacking which brings down my overall rating. Too many individuals have been here for 20 plus years and have created a 'popular crowd'. Even though they may be lacking in skills, are resistance to change and play favoritism no one within upper management realizes or seems to care. Because of this, I see/hear a lot of frustration from the average highly productive employee. You will not be promoted, communicated with or even respected if you are not buddies with the right people.
Pros
Location, Benefits
Cons
Middle Management
Very high paced and high stress
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 16, 2016
Job changed greatly day to day. Schedules were subject to change at anytime. Very high expectations and very high stress. Poor work life balance, work constantly follows you home.
productive place to work
maintenance/ custodian (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 11, 2016
Productive place to work. Enjoyed work there for 29 years. Coworkers were friendly. Hardest part of job to much work for one person.
Great palce to work and learn
QlikView/ETL Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 29, 2016
Everyday is learning process for me at my work
Typical day would be interacting with clients and end users gathering requirements and developing them
Great People
Sales/Marketing Co-op (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 4, 2016
The people at Evoqua water technologies are very intelligent and some of the nicest people. They are extremely knowledgeable about their industry and are always willing to help.
Be prepared to Give Blood
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 15, 2016
Training is self paced. It is up to the employee to develop his skills. It is the sink or swim mentality. Either you love it or hate it.If you are self motivated you will do well.
Pros
on Salary - you can work all the hours you want.
Cons
Work load not comenserate with pay, Do more with less and less.
No Longterm vision
Does not Matter (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 9, 2016
Being owned by private equity (AEA) results in deep cuts to the SG&A spending when top line does not grow to targets, resulting in lots of pressure on support staff to pickup the slack. PE wants EBITA as high a possible before IPO, even if it guts the company in the process. If you were here before the AEA buyout, you are consider the problem/idiots, whereas newbies coming in have golden paths forward. But you do get to provide input on the processes, as long as you don't utter anything of the past (a lot of throwing out the baby with the bath water here)
Pros
laxed work hours
Cons
Shoot from the hip management
The work enviroment was outstanding and very helpfull
Designer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 11, 2016
Evoqua Water Technologies is a awesome company to work for they provide you with a god health coverage. They are willing to help you with any questions you might have.
Unprofessional and Unguided
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Convent, LAJuly 2, 2016
This company regional management poor, some forms of supervisory or poor.
The compensation was substandard to mediocre
Contracts could end over night and under the table.
Favorites are played.

Avoid this company at all cost.
There are much better companies before this one in particular.
Pros
Human resources help you the upmost
Cons
Pay, job security, maganement, growth
Good
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 29, 2016
Good company to work for with lots of good people working there. There is a lot of complaining there but has great benefits.
good
bad
Very challenging and high expectations
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2016
This was not an 8 hour job by far. a 60 hour week was a short week, and the demand never ended after work hours, this included all holidays and most weekends.
I enjoyed the challenges of the job and problem solving, I had hard time getting any assistance from management, specially that they were not local and most issues required local attention.

There is a huge number of employees who have been there more than 20 years and some are over 40, however they were not nice people. Very territorial and they expected all the help and favors without ever helping others. There is a high sense of entitlement specially that the industry is specific and most people there feel that no one else knows what they know, so they can not be let go.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with other managers who are stubborn and not people I could be friends with outside of work. The director of operations had me written me up twice and made it public, not for anything wrong I did, but as a political statement, and told me behind closed doors, not to worry about it; I mention this to paint a picture of the environment.

But as I mentioned before, I extremely enjoyed the technical aspect of the job and the challenges that came along with it. I also learned a great deal of management skills and coaching through training and experience; and watching trouble employees turn into effective members was very satisfying
Pros
You are on your own in a large company, so you would learn the most
Cons
Bad managers, very resistant to any change
My manager was terriffic. A lifetime of experience and more than happy to help me grow. My service team was unfailing in their support of my sales.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 10, 2016
An average day was a good mix of supporting existing accounts, prospecting and creating proposals.

The high purity water business was completely new to me, but I found that the clients tend to be good people in every position I have held. If you enjoy working with people, learning something new is fun and exciting.

I benefited from being surrounded by people with a lifetime of industry knowledge. Their willingness to let me grow while still being accessible was top rate.

I was most involved with the service personnel that supported my sales. I come from a hands-on background, and we connected quite well. We always had a great time executing our projects.

The most challenging part of the job was my commute. On a good day it was an hour and a half to get into the office. Getting home was usually longer. This is an expected price to pay for great employment in the California Bay Area.

The best part of any job is seeing your efforts come to fruition. To see the client be released of their worry and start to enjoy the benefits of the systems we installed. Priceless.
Pros
Every day was something new.
Cons
A great deal of time sitting in traffic.
A great place to work
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 9, 2016
Helpful and friendly co-workers, supportive direct manager. Hardest part was learning managements priorities. Most enjoyable was praise from managers manager for a job well done.
Pros
telecommuting at managers discretion
business oriented place to work
Helpdesk technician (Current Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNApril 12, 2016
this company has good leaders that interact with all the other employees, i have learned a lot in my field from my peers, everyone is very helpful if you have a problem.
Pros
lots of nice benifits: 3 weeks PTO, long paid lunch, matching 401k, etc
Cons
sometimes feel lost in such a large company
A solid company for temp workers
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2016
A company sent its employees to office job assignments for its clients. A lot of the assignments were temp to permanent. The company was very helpful for many people.
good
Regional Buyer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 1, 2016
Very fast paced and an eventful place to be employed. I enjoyed my job, it was very challenging and consumed every hour of my day
Pros
Good Boss
Cons
Believe in outsourcing
Security
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 28, 2015
Watch people work and provide a safe work environment. Learned the chain of command. Management was very tight and allowed people to do what they wanted. Standard co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evoqua Water Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7