EVRAZ North America Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional and toxic work environment
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  PuebloJuly 10, 2015
Evraz, Oregon Steel, CF&I - the corporate culture remains the same in the Pueblo facility. And it is toxic. Never any feedback on good jobs - just negatives. Very little room for advancement as there is little internal promotion from the hourly worker pool. Management seems to actively dislike the hourly employees. Funny accounting - someone should investigate how they do their numbers. Run bad product then "sell" it back internally to be melted down - and count the bad product as tons produced. Something not right here. No paid sick - come in sick to get paid or stay at home and get written up if you don't get a note from a doctor. Extremely boring work and such long hours. I would not recommend this place to anyone - if the economy hadn't crashed in 2009, a lot of the current employees would be somewhere else.

On the plus side - no premiums on their health insurance - for now.
Pros
good health insurance, better than Walmart wages
Cons
no work-life balance, schedules unpredictable, negative and punitive management style, I could go on and on
Great Experience
Quality Control Inspector / Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 8, 2015
The schedule & hours of which days you work change each week (2 weeks of days, 2 weeks of nights). This becomes hard to get used to, however, I am grateful for having worked a schedule such as this, as I have gained the knowledge that I can, with confidence, work any schedule implemented in any/all industrialized environments. The Union environment fostered somewhat of a negative culture, between bargaining employees & management. I am, however, grateful for this aspect of the experience as well, as I have learned to excel under stressful & adverse conditions.
Pros
Pay, more than 2 days off/week
Cons
job security dependent on worldwide price of oil
Need new management
Industrial Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 6, 2013
Lack of skilled maintenance employees. Far more work for the amount of maintenance employees to keep up with. Unreal expectations. Not many of the existing employees are willing to except a supervisor position because there rule with an iron fist management style. Be willing to be on call 24-7 even on you vacation.
Pros
12 hour schedule if you do not get scheduled on your days off
Cons
pretty much everything else but your coworkers
Great company to work for
Operational Excellence Intern (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 6, 2014
I only interned there, so I don't know much about full time benefits. However, I really enjoyed working there. It paid well, the management was great and they made sure that everyone was in agreement before moving on with changes. Great company.
Pros
management, free lunches, gym, great people
Cons
dangerous work environment if you aren't careful
Good Benefits
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DEApril 16, 2013
The inside sales position is a more administrative postition than sales. I you are looking to fine tune and grow your sales skills then this position is not for you. The parent company is very forward thinking but this has not trickled down to the Claymont facility. Be sure to get any compensation offers in writing and make sure that they are fully explained
Hard place to work at. Lacks leadership and structure.
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonAugust 31, 2015
I would not recommend anyone to work here anymore. Under the current managment it is ran very reckless and quality and safety are not a concern.
Pros
great insurance and thats it
Cons
Core values are never followed, HR is a joke, schedule changes are weekly and no notice, Managment is abussive and cares nothing for the employee.
great benefits,profit shearing, with bbq's.
Operations Tech II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 5, 2015
good place to work. great benefits with profit shearing. the hours are hard though. rotating from 4x12 graveyard shifts having a couple days off and then returning to work 4 more 12hr days on day shift is hard.
Pros
long weekends
Cons
rotating schedule from grave to days.
Company/work first atmosphere, environment
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonNovember 14, 2013
Pay is okay, they expect you to work a lot of overtime, company needs first, you and your family second. Promotion opportunities slow and very political.
Pros
good benefits, no out of pocket expense for medical for most plans.
Cons
very political environment, upward movement very slow.
Great place to start
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 15, 2015
EVRAZ has a great variety of jobs and opportunity for individuals to move up in there job path within the organization. They are also very diverse.
Pros
Benefits, Hours per week, Pay
Cons
Not enough breaks
Was a great place
Desktop Support tech (Former Employee) –  portland orDecember 16, 2015
I loved working there unfortunately they had a downturn in business and as such I got laid off.I still am in contact with some of the people that work there and they are also great people.
An Excellent Place Of Work
Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEApril 8, 2014
Evraz North America was a good place to work. We had fun as a company. You couldn't tell it was work. We were more of a family that helped each other out in the work place.
You don't want to know
Ex-Employee (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEJanuary 17, 2014
If they were the only company in the world?... I'd be unemployed... by choice.
Pros
geez, can't think of any
Cons
not enough characters available in this text area
Daily new challenges
Quality System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pueblo CONovember 27, 2013
Keeping personnel up on their training, auditing different parts of the mill. Lots of meetings planning organizing and prepping for auditors
Pros
teamwork
Cons
job security
Sr. Recruiter (On-Site Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2015
Good culture and benefits offered to employees, learned a lot about the business. I would recommend this this company to others.
General Supervisor
General Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2015
I currently work in the spiral mill facility in portland oregon. Lots of employees and details can be discussed further in person or over the phone
Don't do it
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
It is a shame as it was such a good company and it got destroyed when Evraz put their claws into it.
Environment for business
Human Resources Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2013
The company is business minded and presents a good opportunity for entry level professional in the fields of sales, engineering and manufactoring.
productive and safety conscience
Lead Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  claymont deOctober 31, 2013
worked in maintenance department. good supervisors and co-workers