EVRAZ North America Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEAugust 14, 2017
Company had giod intentions when the plant was purchased to improve productivity and tonnage. In some ways too many things were changed in the process at the same time and the effects of these changes ultimately affected product quality and negative impact on sales. Business went i to a downturn and xould not make money for over a year decision was made to close facility
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Don't get too comfortable
IT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2017
Evraz is a good company to work for, but unfortunately, because the company is strongly tide to the oil industry and price of oil, job security is not there. There are layoffs every year, but in different locations, Canada or the US.
Pros
Very good benefits and bonuses, if company does well
Cons
No job security ...
Old school tough job
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 19, 2017
Steel Mill has been around for over 100 years and many of the jobs are still accomplished through manual labor. Very hard work but when orders are high there is a lot of money to be had.
Pros
Lots of money to be had
Cons
Layoffs
Fast paced and highly productive
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEDecember 28, 2016
Extremely fast paced and demanding job. Had to take qlit of precautions because tje safety of others while operating a 9 ton crane. Had to maintain pace for production line.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours and rotating shift each week
Productive and demanding
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 16, 2016
Uses to be a really good solid job but in the last year absolutely horrible I was laid off 8 times in the last year once for a period of 4 months hours are a garunteed 16 hours shifts including weekends and hostile management this company has no regard for your personal life and saftey first unless it impedes production
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Its either your work or your family you will have to pick the one you want to keep
Good job but childish coworkers
Operator (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEDecember 13, 2016
Pouring steel, lancing and heavy lifting are for grown bodies but unfortunately they grown men still acted like children. All they could talk about was football. Race was an issue and they liked the fact people were divided.
Pros
Cool workplace
Cons
Very hot/ very cold temperatures
good place
met apprentice (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 6, 2016
Good pay, good benefits, easy work, just writing more so I can start applying for a job, I hope this is enough....Nope it wasn't. I was hoping I didn't have to write a book about my experience at the mill but apparently that is what this app requires of me.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Got laid off
Interesting place to work. Good coworkers.
electrician (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 24, 2016
Light work physically compared to construction. Dirty, greasy, sometimes more millwright work than electrical. Always more to learn.Flexibility necessary. Shifts can rotate.
Pros
full benefits from first day worked.
Cons
starting pay is 32.70. No way to start at 34.50.
Excellent 5 star
Crane operator/ Rigger (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 12, 2016
busy i learned alot about pipe forming,management are good,co-workers are fun . Hardest parts of the job is controlling the ID and OD welder most enjoyable parts is pizza time.
Pros
Lunches and breaks were taken on timely manner.
Cons
at a time when were busy there are shorts breaks.
Prodution of spiral pipe
Pipe Mill tec (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 3, 2016
Awesome plant really great experience for me to see how plate steel was made. Production cycle of in and out product was a little silly to much handling of product
Pros
Great benifets
Cons
Only haveing one custermer
A company with an unknown future
Scrap/Charging Craneman (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 19, 2016
Be very cautious. Management and labor have a very poor working relationship and management tends to be very secretive, while the labor union is extremely week.
Pros
Compensation good when you are working
Cons
The company owns you and they make sure you know that, no stability, lack of communication
good job
General helper (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2016
Benefits are paid at 100% I like working there, just looking for more growth opportunities. Co workers are great. HR is easy to talk with .
good company overall
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 14, 2016
Good company, no home life, could use a little easier advancement opportunitys. Paid lunches, learn a lot of skills for other employment.
Pros
paid lunch, good pay
Cons
12 hours a day rotating shifts
Good company, needs better leadership
Lead Technician, steel mill worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 5, 2016
the company has great potential to lead in the industry, how ever local management will have to change for this to happen. they offer overtime to anyone, even when extra help is not needed
Union job with great benefits
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 29, 2016
I like my job a lot. However with the declining gas prices the reliability of having a job is shaky. I get along great with my boss, but am lucky. I have heard not every department is so lucky. I work M-F, with no shift work. Most production jobs here are shifts, so again I am very forunate.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours. Union protected
Cons
Looming layoffs, union.
Money is good and benefits are awesome
Tech 1/Visual Inspector/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2016
EVRAZ is a great place to work when business is booming. Always oppurtunities for overtime and some room for advancement. But when they take a turn for the worst you better get ready to get out there and find another job......Always have back up plan working at EVRAZ
Pros
Paid lunches, breaks
Cons
You get worked to the bone
Poor management, no job security, and no positivity.
Lab Tech II (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 21, 2016
Every employee at Evraz is negative and has nothing but horrible things to say about the company; well, they are right.

Evraz is a horrible company to work for. Their management has no morals, their HR department isn't there to help their employees, and the company has no job security. I've seen people that worked there for 25 years get fired without a blink. And I've seen people that have worked there for 6 months get priority over them.

The company is going under.
Pros
Pay's good
Cons
Management sucks, no job security, HR is un-helpful. Too many to list.
great place to work
Senior Process Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 12, 2016
all around a great place to work - I was/am happy to work there. co-workers are good. work situations are fine. good work/life balance. supervision is fair. expectations are also fair.
Was a great place
Desktop Support tech (Former Employee) –  portland orDecember 16, 2015
I loved working there unfortunately they had a downturn in business and as such I got laid off.I still am in contact with some of the people that work there and they are also great people.
great benefits,profit shearing, with bbq's.
Operations Tech II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 5, 2015
good place to work. great benefits with profit shearing. the hours are hard though. rotating from 4x12 graveyard shifts having a couple days off and then returning to work 4 more 12hr days on day shift is hard.
Pros
long weekends
Cons
rotating schedule from grave to days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EVRAZ North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8