EVRAZ North America Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management, no job security, and no positivity.
Lab Tech II (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 21, 2016
Every employee at Evraz is negative and has nothing but horrible things to say about the company; well, they are right.

Evraz is a horrible company to work for. Their management has no morals, their HR department isn't there to help their employees, and the company has no job security. I've seen people that worked there for 25 years get fired without a blink. And I've seen people that have worked there for 6 months get priority over them.

The company is going under.
Pros
Pay's good
Cons
Management sucks, no job security, HR is un-helpful. Too many to list.
Money is good and benefits are awesome
Tech 1/Visual Inspector/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2016
EVRAZ is a great place to work when business is booming. Always oppurtunities for overtime and some room for advancement. But when they take a turn for the worst you better get ready to get out there and find another job......Always have back up plan working at EVRAZ
Pros
Paid lunches, breaks
Cons
You get worked to the bone
A company with an unknown future
Scrap/Charging Craneman (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 19, 2016
Be very cautious. Management and labor have a very poor working relationship and management tends to be very secretive, while the labor union is extremely week.
Pros
Compensation good when you are working
Cons
The company owns you and they make sure you know that, no stability, lack of communication
Union job with great benefits
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 29, 2016
I like my job a lot. However with the declining gas prices the reliability of having a job is shaky. I get along great with my boss, but am lucky. I have heard not every department is so lucky. I work M-F, with no shift work. Most production jobs here are shifts, so again I am very forunate.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours. Union protected
Cons
Looming layoffs, union.
Good company, needs better leadership
Lead Technician, steel mill worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 5, 2016
the company has great potential to lead in the industry, how ever local management will have to change for this to happen. they offer overtime to anyone, even when extra help is not needed
good company overall
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 14, 2016
Good company, no home life, could use a little easier advancement opportunitys. Paid lunches, learn a lot of skills for other employment.
Pros
paid lunch, good pay
Cons
12 hours a day rotating shifts
great place to work
Senior Process Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 12, 2016
all around a great place to work - I was/am happy to work there. co-workers are good. work situations are fine. good work/life balance. supervision is fair. expectations are also fair.
great benefits,profit shearing, with bbq's.
Operations Tech II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 5, 2015
good place to work. great benefits with profit shearing. the hours are hard though. rotating from 4x12 graveyard shifts having a couple days off and then returning to work 4 more 12hr days on day shift is hard.
Pros
long weekends
Cons
rotating schedule from grave to days.
good job
General helper (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2016
Benefits are paid at 100% I like working there, just looking for more growth opportunities. Co workers are great. HR is easy to talk with .
Was a great place
Desktop Support tech (Former Employee) –  portland orDecember 16, 2015
I loved working there unfortunately they had a downturn in business and as such I got laid off.I still am in contact with some of the people that work there and they are also great people.
Hard place to work at. Lacks leadership and structure.
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonAugust 31, 2015
I would not recommend anyone to work here anymore. Under the current managment it is ran very reckless and quality and safety are not a concern.
Pros
great insurance and thats it
Cons
Core values are never followed, HR is a joke, schedule changes are weekly and no notice, Managment is abussive and cares nothing for the employee.
Great Experience
Quality Control Inspector / Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 8, 2015
The schedule & hours of which days you work change each week (2 weeks of days, 2 weeks of nights). This becomes hard to get used to, however, I am grateful for having worked a schedule such as this, as I have gained the knowledge that I can, with confidence, work any schedule implemented in any/all industrialized environments. The Union environment fostered somewhat of a negative culture, between bargaining employees & management. I am, however, grateful for this aspect of the experience as well, as I have learned to excel under stressful & adverse conditions.
Pros
Pay, more than 2 days off/week
Cons
job security dependent on worldwide price of oil
Dysfunctional and toxic work environment
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  PuebloJuly 10, 2015
Evraz, Oregon Steel, CF&I - the corporate culture remains the same in the Pueblo facility. And it is toxic. Never any feedback on good jobs - just negatives. Very little room for advancement as there is little internal promotion from the hourly worker pool. Management seems to actively dislike the hourly employees. Funny accounting - someone should investigate how they do their numbers. Run bad product then "sell" it back internally to be melted down - and count the bad product as tons produced. Something not right here. No paid sick - come in sick to get paid or stay at home and get written up if you don't get a note from a doctor. Extremely boring work and such long hours. I would not recommend this place to anyone - if the economy hadn't crashed in 2009, a lot of the current employees would be somewhere else.

On the plus side - no premiums on their health insurance - for now.
Pros
good health insurance, better than Walmart wages
Cons
no work-life balance, schedules unpredictable, negative and punitive management style, I could go on and on
Great place to start
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 15, 2015
EVRAZ has a great variety of jobs and opportunity for individuals to move up in there job path within the organization. They are also very diverse.
Pros
Benefits, Hours per week, Pay
Cons
Not enough breaks
Sr. Recruiter (On-Site Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2015
Good culture and benefits offered to employees, learned a lot about the business. I would recommend this this company to others.
General Supervisor
General Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2015
I currently work in the spiral mill facility in portland oregon. Lots of employees and details can be discussed further in person or over the phone
Need new management
Industrial Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 6, 2013
Lack of skilled maintenance employees. Far more work for the amount of maintenance employees to keep up with. Unreal expectations. Not many of the existing employees are willing to except a supervisor position because there rule with an iron fist management style. Be willing to be on call 24-7 even on you vacation.
Pros
12 hour schedule if you do not get scheduled on your days off
Cons
pretty much everything else but your coworkers
Challenging with old equipment and technology
Asset Maintenance Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 14, 2013
Never dull, always a challenge trying to keep equipment running or finding parts for equipment tthat is 30 years old and older.
The steel industry is one of the most dangerous occupations to be in.
Some of the upper management is very old school. A lot of micromanaging. Do not like change. The newer managers are trying to make positive changes.
Most co-workers are very knowledgable.
Finding parts for equipment that is 30+ years old.
Getting to see the inside of a 30-50 year old piece of equipment.
Pros
challenging, good co-workers
Cons
old technology, old school management
Great company to work for
Operational Excellence Intern (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 6, 2014
I only interned there, so I don't know much about full time benefits. However, I really enjoyed working there. It paid well, the management was great and they made sure that everyone was in agreement before moving on with changes. Great company.
Pros
management, free lunches, gym, great people
Cons
dangerous work environment if you aren't careful
Good Benefits
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DEApril 16, 2013
The inside sales position is a more administrative postition than sales. I you are looking to fine tune and grow your sales skills then this position is not for you. The parent company is very forward thinking but this has not trickled down to the Claymont facility. Be sure to get any compensation offers in writing and make sure that they are fully explained