Exact Employee Reviews

Work and Play
CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day would consist of 8-10 hours of work with a lunch break where we could play basketball at the playground by the work site.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the supervisor would stop me in the middle of a production job to make an emergency part for equipment used in production.
Pros
Worked alone
Cons
Bad management
Small software company, great people
Sales & Marketing Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 28, 2015
Great people to work with but North American branch is small and therefore not much growth opportunity. Everyone really cares about the work they do, and there is a great work/life balance. The vibes were great but like I said, it's a very small team that isn't growing.
good place for a beginer to work.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 9, 2015
If your a beginner welder and want to learn how to fabricate. then this place if for you. Its family owned which makes it hard to come up in the company. But they do work with their employees and pay well for new welders. As you get more knowledge fabricating and welding I would suggest moving on for better pay.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
family politics
Think before working for Exact Software, NA!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2014
Exact is an international company, the main office is located in Delft, Netherlands. The management in the "Americas" IS NOT the best! At anytime, ANY TIME, this company will lay employees off and to "justify" their actions, they'll use performance evaluation as the reason. They will also lay off some people within an area and call it "restructuring," but it's really to get rid of the low performing people and will rehire for the positions. Don't be loyal to this company is they are not loyal to you. Since Ohio is "employment at will, they will use this to their advantage. Many people have worked there for years, as their previous employers were bought by Exact. What your back and good luck!
Fun Workplace, and a great company to grow with!
Marketing/Sales (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2014
A fun and lively office to work in. In a growth and transition stage, so opportunity for personal growth is abundant. Co-workers are always willing to help with whatever you need. Management truly cares about what you are doing and your professional goals. Convenient location in Minneapolis suburb with all of the perks of being in a large city (onsite cafeteria, gym, shops, etc).
Pros
office enviroment, flexible schedule
Fun and professional group of people
Marketing (Current Employee) –  USJanuary 20, 2014
I have been working for the Exact cloud unit now for over a year. It is interesting to work for a company based in another country - Holland. The company has gone thru a lot of change in the past couple of year s and now there is new management team in place.

I find the people to be very professional and supportive...best of all our office is fun which really makes all the difference. We have good products and a great opportunity ahead of us.

The hardest part is losing some independence as we report to a far off office.
Pros
people, products, opportunity
Cons
reporting to head office
Growing business, lots of passion and excitement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJanuary 16, 2014
I've been with Exact for going on a year, and have been pleasantly pleased with the company. They've been in a bit of a turn-around mood, and the hard work is starting to pay off. There are incredibly dedicated employees and the new management teams are actually interested in making employees happy! What a refreshing change! It's a fun environment in Columbus and while we work hard, we also play hard.
The hardest part of my job is finding the time to do everything that needs to be done. I don't think it's unusual to work lean these days, and trust me, Exact is lean! It's not always a bad thing, but occasionally, I feel the strain on my home life.
What I love most is that there are very specific challenges that I have been encouraged to embrace and solve without the typical scenario of having my hands tied with what I can and cannot do. It's definitely a different approach and I think goes to show that this company is indeed dedicated to finding unique and innovative solutions to challenging problems. I also love the management team. Not only do the have the experience and knowledge that make them solid mentors, but there are inclusive, fun and dedicated to the development of their teams. Especially my own manager.
Overall, it's becoming one of my favorite jobs that I've ever held.
Believe what you read!!!
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2013
Exact is a low down slimy company, period! The culture here in the US is very low down. Upper management tends to "manage"'people out of their positions by using downsizing as a reason, but will turn right around and re-fill the same positions within 60 days. There is NO diversity in upper management at all and the HR Manager is a real ball breaker! The turn over is very high and the products lines aren't selling very well.
Cons
healthcare, lack of management opportunities, lack of diversity
Very old products - poor management team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2013
Exact is a losing proposition. The are trying to sell a product called Macola that is so outdated. The product has had no R & D expeditures other than bug fixes. Their installed customers are a mess.

Management does not care about their customers and they care even less for the employees. Very poor business decisions. Treat the employees in an unprofessional manner.
Cons
overall, the company just sucks.
I have truly enjoyed my time at Exact.
Human Resources Professional (Current Employee) –  Middleton, MAAugust 9, 2012
After 13 years of employment, I was informed that my current position within the organization was being permanently relocated to Ohio. I was given the opportunity to relocate, however, I don't feel that a move would be the best option for myself or my family at this time.

I have enjoyed my time at Exact and am very grateful for the experiences that I have gained.
Pros
wonderful employees, work/life balance, work from home options
Cons
healthcare options/costs