Chief Administrative Officer
Exalt Education is a non-profit organization that provides dedicated educators with the professional tools, systems and supports to serve children and youth living in poverty conditions. To achieve its desired impact, Exalt has developed a research-based, best-practices academic design that can be replicated quickly and effectively.
Currently, there are over 31.0 million Americans ages birth to 18 who reside in low-income homes. The number of low-income children has been growing for over 15 years. Without higher quality, more scalable forms of public education, over half of these children are unlikely to obtain a high school diploma. Far fewer will earn a college degree. Exalt exists so that low-income children can close the achievement gap with their more affluent peers, compete for competitive colleges and advanced careers, and realize the American dream.
The Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for making sure that Exalt Education and the Exalt-managed schools have strong systems and practices for managing human resources, finance, public reporting and ancillary service areas.
Develop and implement proven best practices for:
- Improving the staffing charts and job descriptions for Exalt schools
- Establishing attribute profiles for hiring teachers and administrators
- Conducting hiring for the schools and network
- Conducting performance reviews of school and Exalt staff
- Compensating school and Exalt staff including performance bonus
- Improve the ‘non-academic’ onboarding and training of all school and network employees
- Developing teachers and administrators as professionals
- Evaluating employee performance
- Improving, correcting and, when necessary, terminating non-performing employees
- Refining offer letters, employee handbooks and other HR documents
- Manage Exalt’s health, dental, vision insurances.
- Manage Exalt’s retirement program
- Manage the following functions for Exalt:
- Budget development & management
- Business plan development and implementation
- Vendor management and accounts payable
- Accounts receivable, including school fee & loan repayment
- Book-keeping and accounting
- Hire, support and develop school finance directors
- Ensure that finance directors are properly managing school finances, including:
- Budget position
- Cash flow position
- Board reporting
- Grant reporting
Administration & Compliance
- Manage state and federal non-profit reporting obligations.
- Manage Exalt’s liability, property, D&O and other insurance needs.
- Ensure that each school has the administrative capacity to manage all non-academic functions.
- Support school finance directors with HR administration, compliance and operations.
- Establish systems for tracking school compliance with state & federal requirements.
- Fulfill other duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Senior experience managing the administration of non-profit organizations that are heavily reliant on local and federal public funding
- Experience managing human resources and finance for non-profit organizations
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Polished, mature professional with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative but straightforward leadership style
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment where adapting to rapid change is essential
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from very reputable postsecondary institution
- Extremely diligent and detail-oriented with excellent organizational habits and follow-through
- Well researched knowledge of education including public charter schools and charter management organizations
- Experience hiring and managing employees and contractors preferable
- Comfortable with substantial autonomy in which to make decisions
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Position based in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Non-profit organization based in Central Arkansas with aspiration of expanding regionally and nationally.
- Desire to be fulfilled by highly impactful work shaping the lives of children and youth living in poverty conditions.