Examination Management Services, Inc.

Examination Management Services, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible Place To Work Unstable
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2016
No advancement although they tell you there is. The management is very uneducated and childish- they play favorites and like to pick on employees who don't kiss their butt. If you come in and are positive and do your work, instead of being applauded, you are considered a threat and harrassed. No one does their job on their own and if you do yours, you will do theirs too. Very unprofessional. Very unorganized. Layoffs through out the year. Will demand you work 10 to 12 hours day within 15 minutes of your shift ending. No compassion for moms with children, no excuses only threats and writeups.When they are not laying off they are cutting hours- from a 40 hour week to 9 hours or 15 hours then to overtime the next week and back to 6 hours a week, although you are being told you are full time permanent employee. They will watch your in and out times for breaks and lunches and although you may be on a business call you will be wrote up for going 2 minutes late to break or lunch. No raises. Crazy atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is staying when you know you deserve better, but you need some type of money coming in. Run!!!!! Do not work here!! Two thumbs down.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
No raises, no advancement, unstable hours, bad atmosphere, favortism, stressful
Worst place ever !
Medical Records Coordinator/Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2016
Worked for this company 1 year within that year i had multiple supervisors & team leads quit one after another because of how bad the company is & how they couldnt deal with the stuff the upper management would do . they will cut your hours unexpectedly and the next week they will have you working mandatory overtime 7 days straight, this company DOES NOT care about employees, they do alot of lay off supposely because of lack of work! This is a very unstable place to work for. They will do you so wrong no matter how hard you work all they care is about them and thats it.. They wont even tell you when you will get laid off they wait for you in front of the door before you even clock in & they will have all your stuff packed and wont let you get near your desk, i advise anyone that is about to apply here to NOT do it & save your time and apply somewhere else.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Absolute worse management I have ever seen
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Typical work day starts with your computer and your phone, dealing with people on the phone all day. When you have any questions, the answers you get constantly contradict what another person of management says, no one seems to have the correct answer. When you need to request time off for any reason, good luck, you wont get it. Management seems to prefer quantity over quality. Asking for any kind of help is met with annoyance, almost as if management prefers the work to be done wrong, than to be bothered. Gives no reason for any kind of discipline.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
only 35 hours per week, prefers quantity over quality, constantly contradicting themselves
Very misleading.
Medical Retrieval Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2016
The bad part of the company was, the lack of proper training, the amount of interuptions that go on during the training class as well, initial start your told two weeks of training, when you get there it's actually two days, then your on the phone, I'll say this, if you plan to get a job here, please make sure to do your own studying, your own out lining, write down notes, cause there is a test they give, at the end of the lack of proper training class, an if you don't past you will be fired, so make sure to study, if you go through training and told you don't need to write this down, or don't worry about it, that is not true, please take your notes, and do your own studying at home.. the pay is not great for the work load you have to do, but it's a open door way to get the experience for other high paying jobs, hope this helps...
Pros
You have your own cubicle to decorate. Eatery places are walking distance.
Cons
Lack of proper training. Low pay, Overworked trainer, lack of communication, and very misinforming information.
Quantity over quality
EMSI caseworker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 6, 2016
I've worked here for a couple of years, no room for advancement,management is horrible and corporate is the worst. The Omaha office was just told last week that they're closing our doors, Lacy Witte seemed to enjoy that. Corporate came in to pick and choose who they wanted to go "virtual" and work from home. Most people who didn't get offered a job(which was over half the building) get one week severance. I would have to say that is the worst company to work for, stay far far away. You'd better off at McDonalds, lord knows they would appreciate you more.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
No benefits, paid peanuts
Productive and fun workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 4, 2016
EMSI is a place where you will gain a strong work ethic and sense of time management. you will love working here. Nice friendly place, co workers are the best. supervisors are easy to work with. Everything is about team work
Medical Records Transporter
MRT (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 5, 2016
I would not recommend this company to anyway. My start date was 12/14/15....after not hearing anything back from HR, managers or anyone at EMSI for a week I than receive a call I would start 12/28/15, training was 4 days later. Training consisted of listening to a trainer (who did not like his job) read from a manual on how to setup and retrieve medical records. Trainer gave no introduction, no explanation of job or company, he went straight into reading the manual. Which I thought was strange for a company as large as EMSI, I thought would have had a more refined training processed. But it only got worse from there after the 1 hour training you are than advise you are to wait on your assignment from your "liaison" and the scheduling team.

Too make a long story short I (and many others) never received any jobs. Started in December and was laid off in January. Never once working a day other than that bogus 1 hour training. That place is a joke and very unorganized. If hired please don't quit your job you will still need it. Good luck making any money with them
Cons
Wonderful company to work for with very positive work enviroment
Assistant Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2016
Very positive work environment focused on improving patient's quality of life.

You have weekly and monthly conference calls and your managers are always available by phone.
Pros
Free medical insurance and great management
Cons
You have to provide your own laptop and fax machine, you also responsible for having a home land line for a fax
Terrible workplace but wonderful Management
Medical Assistant/ Paramedical Examiner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2016
The company took a lot of your time and didn't give enough in return. I had to travel to do exams in different homes and I was never paid enough for the work I did. The management, however, helped the best they could. They always had a great attitude.
Pros
Make your own scheudle
Cons
Not enough pay
worst company ever
case worker (Former Employee) –  txSeptember 3, 2015
Worst job to work for. I don't even know where to start. For starters no matter how many calls you make and how any records you retrieve you'll never make over 8 or 9$ an hour. Managers treat you like you're less of a human.. Csr 's talk to you like you're a child. It is so depressing working for emsi. I wouldn't recommend anyone workimg here!! Managers and csr's are extremely lazy. Caseworkers do all of the work and barely get paid. Id work for McDonald's before I go back to that place. No benefits. No paid holidays. Managers are inconsiderate. 35 hours a week is considered part time. They tell you 11-13 per hour yet you get no more than $550 check every 2 weeks.
Pros
non
Cons
everything.
Working with LabCorp was a lot of fun and great experience. We are a big family and work together to get things done.
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 21, 2015
-A typical day at work is busy, I draw lots of patients blood and help process/ship it. When things slow down I re-stock and clean everything.
-I learned how to process and check patients in to the system.
-Management and co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
-I enjoy everything in the job, I love what I do.
Dangerous but progressive
Emissions Tech (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Loved my co workers. Management was great. Work was fair. Enjoyed my run there. Learned a lot. Had a lot of fun while I was their as well
Pros
Great energy
Cons
Dangerous environment
productive
Case Woker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2015
Properly directed inbound and outbound calls in phone queues to improve call flow
Maintains a high level of professionalism and patience to decrease customer dissatisfaction and improve loyalty to customers and medical facilities
Provided up to date status checks
Able to type up to 45 WPM
Closed 100 or more cases in expected time frame
Updated insurance agents with information about cases being worked
Delivered excellent verbal,written,communication skills
Pros
good environment
Cons
no benefits, pay is not very good
Great office exerpience
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2015
I enjoyed this job even though the pay and no benefits was disappointing. Co-workers and management were great and friendly. Fun environment, you can decorate your cubical. I loved what I did but co-workers said there were no raises, and didn't see much room for promotion. Saw plenty of people quit not long after being hired. I would recommend this job to anyone who would like office experience.
Pros
office experience
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits
Noticed a big change in 3 years
OSC Review (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 18, 2015
I've worked for this company twice . The first time was in oct 2011-March 2012 I was a senior in high school & it was just a weekend job for me since I had already had a job . It was great I loved my supervisor & I loved what I did which was osc review . The second time (July 2015-October 2015) I was a caseworker & I hated it b/c when I first signed my paper work I was making $10/hr but then they switched me to commission fee based & that really took a toll on my finances . My supervisor was good but the csr's & team leads sucked big time they were very rude & seemed as if they cared more about making you feel dumb than properly training you & making sure you did things right .
working medical records
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 20, 2015
Its a great company. You do everything on-line. Its a 8-5 job. They send you the stuff to do medical records on-line or going out in the field to work. All the management is great to work for. I just wish that it would of lasted longer. The hardest part of my job was not interacting with other people.
Non Consistent
Insurance Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2016
Company is a good company it's the managemt that makes it look non professional. A company should not compete with the same company bad vibes between locations & employees
Pros
N/A
Cons
Confusion in workpalce
Great experience disorganized company
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the leadership flexibility. I loved working with my team. The hardest part of the job was the disorganization and the constant change.
Pros
great experience
Cons
disorganized
Caseworker
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 9, 2015
EMSI did not offer any type of raises,no opportunity for advancement, very messy environment. I did not like working here.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
To much drama
this job was on a as needed basis
Paramedical Insurance Examiner/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 9, 2015
enjoyed meeting new people as a phlembotomist but the drive was way too long and there was no compensation, the pay was always a month later but however the clients were friendly
Pros
getting to meet new people
Cons
alot of driving

2.7