Examinetics Employee Reviews

Good People, Horrible Job
Client Service Coordinator, Operations (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66212March 30, 2017
No work/life balance. Workload is too much and sets CSCs up for failure. No training at all you get thrown into your regions and corporate accounts after shadowing coworkers for one day. Everybody does something different...no processes or procedures in place.
Pros
Relaxed work environment with lots of freedom and very little accountability
Cons
Operations department is very unorganized and leadership is a joke.
Official response from Examinetics
April 7, 2017

Thank you for your comments. As a company we are undergoing many changes and goals relating to training and measurable goal setting are in the development stage.

Soul Sucking 9th layer of heck
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 8, 2017
horrible pay
managerial harassment
management does NOT care about the employees
coffee really sucks
co workers will lie to try a propel their career
They'll lure you in with promises of being apart of a "team", some type of comradery, promises of longevity with the company, flexible hours, a gratifications of what you do, but do NOT fall for this it's an imperial valley of the damned. There is no real systems to check management and they allow them to run a muck and find ways to harass their employees for the sheer enjoyment of them. No matter how long you've been there you will cap out at a certain amount and no matter what you do or how much revenue you bring into the company you will never ever get another raise. I would steer clear of this place at all cost!
Pros
end of a workday
Cons
everything about this company
Very interesting, but way too much time wasted on politics
Occupational Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 27, 2017
I worked for Examinetics for just at 2 years, and there were multiple occasions where I was away from home for more than a month at a time. This is a great job for anyone who has no familial attachments, and has no real social base.

The few people who will do well with the stresses placed on you will most likely be weeded out by predatory managers, who decide if they like you, then decide how your performance is.

Long drives, less than safe equiptment, and managers who consistently want you to "rat out" your co-workers make this a very solitary job.

I took the position because I was wanting to relocate, and after my employment, they scrapped the relocation package that was discussed in the initial interviews
Pros
seeing the country
Cons
solitary confinement
Official response from Examinetics
April 7, 2017

Thank you for your comments. You are correct, this role is a very independent one and requires a great deal of self discipline and motivation. We want to hear about concerns employees have during their employment with us so that we can address them directly.

Job wasn't worth it.
Occupational Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 14, 2016
This job started out great. Training was stressful but I was able to get assistance whenever I needed it. The second you're out of training and on your own it's a whole different atmosphere. Communication between the office and a field tech was horrible. Work orders on a weekly bases had Mistakes in them or were just missing information like hours traveled. Equipment is out of date. You'd be lucky to get on a truck were there wasn't an issue. The per diem for lodging is not good.

You're given a list of phone numbers your first week of training. Once you're out on your own and start calling those numbers, it's like talking to the wall. They'll ignore your call or pick up and suggest you call someone else.

Useless Supervisor, AE's (CSC's)

Great IT department.

Training department was Okay.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Communication, Out Dated Equipment, Per Diem, Lazy Supervisors, Lazy AE's
Pay does not match job
Certified Occupational Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 13, 2016
The bonuses they promised were not payed to employees.
They ask employees to drive out of DOT compliance.
Had to babysit payroll every week, shorted EVERY week.
Per diam is a joke....$26 a day for food, $55 for hotels on average.
Some places make $15 an hour, some $11.
Trucks are not in DOT compliance.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Everything else
Go at your own risk
Occupational Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 4, 2016
at first the orientation month and 1/2 in Kansas City, was like being at camp. It was all good, expenses paid and all. Got to meet some great people in training. But little by little the hyped up idea of the job I was sold on was falling apart. 1st you start changing account executive like every week. these are the people that are in charge of your work life, where you go how long your there, making sure travel arraignments are squared away. So when they start to drop like flies you can see how the communication starts to fall apart or lack if you will. Then the promises of your own mobile unit ready to rare and tare. I was fortunate enough to actually get a brand spanking new rig...stocked with pretty much every broke outdated technology there could be to do this type of job. I had tech issues EVERY SINGLE DAY OUT ON THE FIELD. That is not an understatement. Customers upset because of the loss of production while your holding up their employees trying to fix this junk machinery. You work alone all the time, you travel to places out in the middle of no where. NO INTERNET EVEN WORSE PHONE RECEPTION. a lot of time no GPS either. You really need to be tech savvy, a loner and completely independent to do this job. The money can be very good, the hours will absolutely suck.
Pros
The money and having a week off work every 5 weeks
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE hence why you get a week off so you dont lose your mind. TRUE STORY
Terrible place to work
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 17, 2016
From the very first day I had computer issues. I have never worked for a company that is this disorganized and incompetent. I would get screamed at daily by one or more individuals. Always felt like I was walking on glass barefoot. It took over 4 weeks to even get set up on the computer just to time in and out.

They keep hiring knowing there is no desk space available. So there were 4 typists stuck in a conference room that the temperature was at least 60 degrees, if that. You would be cold even wearing a sweater, sweat jacket and a coat. The turnover is unbelievable. Actually not surprising considering the deplorable working conditions.

The job is very stressful and your health will suffer from it. Believe me, I know.
Cons
Horrible work environment.
Sociable place to work
Title Data Entry Anaylst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 25, 2016
had frequent lunch gatherings provided to get to know the team.
was really close to my home and was time off for company picnics
co workers very sociable
in all a good company to work for
Alot of Traveling
Occupational Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 20, 2016
It was a great experience working there for me. I got to travel all over the USA and got to see a lot of memorable places, that would of not gotten to see if I had a 9 to 5 job. Met a lot of awesome people and some not so awesome. I was single and have no kids so it was easy for me to travel and work and not being home much.
Pros
Traveling all expenses paid
Cons
being gone alot
If you like being blamed for everything... go for it.
Occupational Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 8, 2015
First let me say that I enjoyed the training and the employees..they were very good doing that time. The trainers are excellent when it came to making sure you learned the job. But after you get in the field things do a 360. I am not stating this out of malice, just fact.

I have never seen so many employees as bitter as some of the field techs in my life, these people are back stabbing, butt kissers, manipulating sociapaths. Some have been there so long they don't know anything else to do. Some of them outright LIE to the home office managers just to make themselves look good. They will smile in your face and be on the phone the next second blaming something on you that they screwed up themselves. These people have found out how to beat the company out of money left and right, I saw it personally.

Dress like bums, they sleep in the vehicles to save money just to break even. Sometimes you have to stay in smelly hotels that are not fit for a hooker. Your SUPERVISORS, will tell you to wait hours so they can find you a hotel or they don't answer the phone when needed. They are very good at PRETENDING they care about your safety. They are fake supervisors who have no sense of leadership..accept maybe one or two. And if you like driving a big truck around for hours looking for a decent place to stay this is the COMPANY for you. If you like being ignored and low pay, this is the company for you. If you like driving a huge truck to the restaurants and walmart just to get food..this is for you.

If you like getting stuck in the airport for a day or two this is the place for
  more... you..and taking the blame for the flight being delayed.
If you like using your credit card or debit to pay for Hotels, gas and truck supplies this is the place for you. Just hope that nothing goes wrong with a receipt, because you will surely get fussed at. If you like filling out DOT's and getting a call later from someone cussing at you this is the right place to be. If you like to be tired and trying to keep up with all this paper work and get your money back this is for you. If you like not being able to explain the situations that are out of your control this place is for you.

If you want to be BUMMY in the field this place is for you. If you want to get over on your CLIENTS this place is for you. If you like arguing over a rental that the company rents for you and another employee takes it from you and say" take this huge truck and I will see you later," THIS IS DEFINITELY the place for you. If you want to almost choke a A _ Hole OHS tech this is the place for you. If you think you will have time to do all this siteseeing LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

You will get some, don't enjoy it, just do it. I was just being nice, but again some people like it, some people fit in just perfect who have no other prospects or future or just use it as a safety net until they can get the H*LL out of there. LOLOLOLOL. They are a BIG JOKE. FAKES
Pros
Hotel points, air travel points and resigning
Cons
Cry baby management, will cheat you out of reimbursements and bonuses
Deceptive Hiring Practices and low quality of living
Occupational Health Specialist Technician (OHS) (Current Employee) –  Rotational (Nationwide)September 16, 2015
Let me start by saying the office staff and recruiters are very friendly and personable. I have not had any issues with any person in particular however I do have issues with multiple other things. The job of occupational health specialist (OHS) on a rotational schedule comes with a pay rate of $12 an hour (which is horribly low for this job) however having every 5th week off with pay does help ease the sting a little. On top of the low hourly pay you are paid overtime for your 60-65 hour work weeks, now before you get too excited let me tell you about the Chinese overtime, a formula is used to calculate your hourly rate for overtime but in my experience it usually averages in the five dollar range. So for every hour of overtime you ONLY make an extra five dollars (it's not 12 plus overtime). You start our your career (if you want to call it that) with 7 weeks of training. Now remember you are accepting this job with $12 and hour and they way you can justify that low amount is the 5th week off with pay however during your 7 weeks of training those weeks are not counted towards you earning your first week off with pay so you will work for this company at $12 an hour for 9 weeks before they "give" you your first week off with pay. Now moving onto hotels as you will be out of town most of the time. The per diem rates provide are ridicules, you cannot get a decent hotel room at the rate they will reimburse your for. You will be doing good to find a 2 star rated room within the budget which means you will most likely spend some of your money each night if you want to stay  more... at a somewhat decent hotel. Now for your meals, you are provided $26 a day for meals (that 5 for breakfast, 7 for lunch, and 14 for dinner). Again it can be done but you are not eating a healthy meal for that amount and will most likely dip into your hard earned money once again. Any expense you encounter out on the road with the exception of fuel for the truck comes out of your pocket which you then have to complete an expense report and submit it before Tuesday at 11 to be processed and paid out on that Friday. If you expense report is late so sorry you will have to wait until next week, if you forget a receipt so sorry we will not pay it and you will have to wait until next week. The best part is that unless you are carefully watching your money they will not notify you that your expense report was not paid out completely (I'm sure they hope you just let it go). Other items you are expected to pay for and be reimbursed are supplies like binders, printer paper, pens, cleaning supplies, oil, washing the truck, the list can go on. This is all coming out of your money and will then be reimbursed if you submit your report completely and on time. Drivers logs, you are expected to complete DOT drivers logs for every day you work for this company, there are times you will have to fudge your logs because you are scheduled jobs too close to each other and cannot get your legal 10 hours of rest, they do not account for the time you need to drive to a hotel, or stop for something to eat or fuel up. They are only worried about scheduling the truck for the maximum income potential. So I won't bore you with any more of the bad stuff. If you are looking for a low paying job where you get to travel and stay in sleazebag hotels and eat McDonalds for every meal then this place will be a great fit and you may hang around a few years but if that does not sound like you then look elsewhere. There is so much that was not covered in the recruiting process that you find out about over the course of training and getting out into the field that it will make you second guess your decision.  less
Pros
Being able to get out and see the country
Cons
low hotel per diems, low food per diems, never make plans in advance...etc.
Enjoyable place to work
Occupational Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasAugust 19, 2015
Loved the job and what I got to learn/do. Just disliked being away from my family. Got to travel and work in places I had never been which was very exciting.Supportive management team.
Good place to work for
tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDAugust 18, 2015
The people are nice and i had no issue fitting in ..I had to leave the job for personal reasons .Good place to work for if you like travel . A lot of travel . You will get to see the USA ..
Pros
Busy .
traveling is fun
occupational health specialist (Former Employee) –  nationwideAugust 18, 2015
really enjoyed the travel, seeing the united states. I truly enjoyed the west coast and the weekends. fun times. thank you
Great Environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 8, 2015
Corporate environment - great starter job! on the job training, you can benefit from learning new skills and meeting some awesome people.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Benefits and advancement
fun at first
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 23, 2015
this job is fun but too many fake people and some people shouldnt be managers. The workers tg]hey have dont even follow the
HIPAA POLICY. The office workers dont care because they are never in the office. The supervisor is worse, going behind your back first they say your doing a good job and they throw you under the bus. Dont waste your time. 7.00 is not worth the hassles and the crazy drivers.
Pros
traveling
Cons
healthcare and rate of pay
Flexible and laid back
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Once I would arrive to work I would get my work out of the drawers and complete the folders to be sent off to the next department. I learned how to enter test into Data Pipe. The management was very understandable and flexible. The hardest part of the job was just learning how to do a different departments job but I was able to handle the work and get the hang of it quick. I really enjoyed interacting with my other co workers and learning more about the business as the days went by.
Pros
Having holiday meals.
Cons
There was nothing I disliked about the business.
Great place to work at
Medical Screening Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 20, 2014
i kind of wish i Did not get lay off. i Really Love working For this Company.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 30, 2014
Great co-workers. Hardest part is dealing with the rude customers. Most enjoyable part is talking with people all day.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Gone alot
High stress environment with ability to unwind with coworkers
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 11, 2014
A highly stressful work environment in a growing company. Luckily there are a lot of great people working there that you can laugh off the stress with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Examinetics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7