Examinetics Employee Reviews

Deceptive Hiring Practices and low quality of living
Occupational Health Specialist Technician (OHS) (Current Employee) –  Rotational (Nationwide)September 16, 2015
Let me start by saying the office staff and recruiters are very friendly and personable. I have not had any issues with any person in particular however I do have issues with multiple other things. The job of occupational health specialist (OHS) on a rotational schedule comes with a pay rate of $12 an hour (which is horribly low for this job) however having every 5th week off with pay does help ease the sting a little. On top of the low hourly pay you are paid overtime for your 60-65 hour work weeks, now before you get too excited let me tell you about the Chinese overtime, a formula is used to calculate your hourly rate for overtime but in my experience it usually averages in the five dollar range. So for every hour of overtime you ONLY make an extra five dollars (it's not 12 plus overtime). You start our your career (if you want to call it that) with 7 weeks of training. Now remember you are accepting this job with $12 and hour and they way you can justify that low amount is the 5th week off with pay however during your 7 weeks of training those weeks are not counted towards you earning your first week off with pay so you will work for this company at $12 an hour for 9 weeks before they "give" you your first week off with pay. Now moving onto hotels as you will be out of town most of the time. The per diem rates provide are ridicules, you cannot get a decent hotel room at the rate they will reimburse your for. You will be doing good to find a 2 star rated room within the budget which means you will most likely spend some of your money each night if you want to stay  more... at a somewhat decent hotel. Now for your meals, you are provided $26 a day for meals (that 5 for breakfast, 7 for lunch, and 14 for dinner). Again it can be done but you are not eating a healthy meal for that amount and will most likely dip into your hard earned money once again. Any expense you encounter out on the road with the exception of fuel for the truck comes out of your pocket which you then have to complete an expense report and submit it before Tuesday at 11 to be processed and paid out on that Friday. If you expense report is late so sorry you will have to wait until next week, if you forget a receipt so sorry we will not pay it and you will have to wait until next week. The best part is that unless you are carefully watching your money they will not notify you that your expense report was not paid out completely (I'm sure they hope you just let it go). Other items you are expected to pay for and be reimbursed are supplies like binders, printer paper, pens, cleaning supplies, oil, washing the truck, the list can go on. This is all coming out of your money and will then be reimbursed if you submit your report completely and on time. Drivers logs, you are expected to complete DOT drivers logs for every day you work for this company, there are times you will have to fudge your logs because you are scheduled jobs too close to each other and cannot get your legal 10 hours of rest, they do not account for the time you need to drive to a hotel, or stop for something to eat or fuel up. They are only worried about scheduling the truck for the maximum income potential. So I won't bore you with any more of the bad stuff. If you are looking for a low paying job where you get to travel and stay in sleazebag hotels and eat McDonalds for every meal then this place will be a great fit and you may hang around a few years but if that does not sound like you then look elsewhere. There is so much that was not covered in the recruiting process that you find out about over the course of training and getting out into the field that it will make you second guess your decision.  less
Pros
Being able to get out and see the country
Cons
low hotel per diems, low food per diems, never make plans in advance...etc.
Do Not recommend working for or hiring this company.
OHS/MMP (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 2, 2014
There are some talented workers that I am unsure how the company has managed to keep, but the management and HR are the worst I've dealt with. There is a reason this company is always having job postings-- a high turn over rate. The company wastes so much money and resources and will not give a penny raise after years of good performance. The only employees who continue to work 'in the field' are those who have learned to skim from the company, who don't care about their job and show up in hoodies/jeans with a poor attitude, or the few who deal with it to be on their own without being in a cubicle each day. A big disconnect exists between those who are sent out to perform the contracted services and management...supervisors are not interested on feedback of how to improve employee satisfaction, OR client satisfaction; which is amazing they are able to retain customers. Must be the strong contract and lawyers. I was embarrassed on some of the jobs because of some of the people hired to work at the company and the lack of preparation from the office or knowledge of how to properly execute the promised services. Some of the vehicles felt unsafe, especially if having to work in a group and dealing with 60+hours a week with people you wouldn't care to spend 5 min with. Worst lodging options I've ever stayed at were the norm, only $55/night in several states.
Pros
enjoyed being out of an office setting and some of the travel before exhaustion
Cons
poor stipends, long hours, needs new management, few and far between good coworkers
lots of travel, DOT problems with equipment.
Driver/ Tech (Current Employee) –  U.S.April 17, 2013
If seeking employment here as a truck driver then think about your career overall. The equipment(trailers) is a DOT nightmare. If you value your CSA score maybe you should look elsewhere. I've been the driver/ tech on two units. Both trailers are loaded with problems. Bald tires, frame cross members rusted through, brakes out of adjustment or out of spec, underbelly storage mounting broken in places, I'm sure there is more if you spent the time under the trailer. I have no intention of harming myself or the motoring public.
Pros
decent pay and travel. mostly nice hotels
Cons
unit managers power trip, huge fines and possible incarceration if an accident occurs while operating this equipment.
First job and made commissions
Scheduling Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2013
Each day at Examinetics I would call clients to schedule their yearly physical exam. This exam is free to each individual and every appointment that I scheduled I earned a small commission. While the commission wasn't much at the time I loved to see the numbers get larger as I scheduled more appointments. I learned my first customer service skills with Examinetics and enjoyed speaking with clients from all across the United States. I worked with many friends and enjoyed the time I spent working and during breaks and lunches with coworkers.
Pros
commissions offered, friendly coworkers
Cons
san diego office closed
Flexible and laid back
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Once I would arrive to work I would get my work out of the drawers and complete the folders to be sent off to the next department. I learned how to enter test into Data Pipe. The management was very understandable and flexible. The hardest part of the job was just learning how to do a different departments job but I was able to handle the work and get the hang of it quick. I really enjoyed interacting with my other co workers and learning more about the business as the days went by.
Pros
having holiday meals.
Cons
there was nothing i disliked about the business.
fun at first
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 23, 2015
this job is fun but too many fake people and some people shouldnt be managers. The workers tg]hey have dont even follow the
HIPAA POLICY. The office workers dont care because they are never in the office. The supervisor is worse, going behind your back first they say your doing a good job and they throw you under the bus. Dont waste your time. 7.00 is not worth the hassles and the crazy drivers.
Pros
traveling
Cons
healthcare and rate of pay
Company Culture
Vice-President of IT (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 14, 2013
I enjoy working with a great team of individuals within the IT department. Examinetics has many hard working employees and I cannot say enough of the dedication from our technicians, who perform the daily work, up through our supervisors who insure everything continues smoothly. Behind the scenes we have many employees who continually dedicate many hours to keep things running.
This was a good company to work for but 65 hrs a week on the road, was not worth it in the long run.
audiologty and respiratory fit mobile technition. (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 19, 2014
Examinetics was a good company to work for overall great people Good working conditions,good equipment, the only down side to this co. is the hours you may work early shift one day then the next you working grave yard and so on.plus 65 hr a week.It just wasn't worth it.
Outstanding training and promotion programs.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 6, 2014
Improve work hours.
Added paid training certifications programs to advance career to management.
Administrative skills.
Overall good.
Co-workers help other as needed.
Last minute changes and long hours.
Patient appreciate prefessionalism.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
long hours, away from home is excessive.
Great bunch of co-workers but...
Operations (Former Employee)August 9, 2011
Wage freeze for past 3 years. Not many advancement opportunities. "Down-sizing" by putting increasing responsibilities (without additional compensation) to remaining individuals. Secretive about company initiative's/goals. Lack of appreciation for employees.
Travel America for Free
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  AmericaMay 8, 2014
Seen a lot of states and cities. Experienced some unusual situations. Great for a single person without and dependents.
Pros
free travel of america
Cons
only home for a total of 4 to 5 weeks a year. july weekend, thanksgiving, xmas.
poor company run if you can
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ksMay 29, 2014
pay sucks,they have you working till the bone with no appreciation or nothing,poor managment overall..not a good company to work for...only good thing is the travel
Pros
travel
Cons
away from home for long periods of time
Enjoyable place to work
Occupational Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasAugust 19, 2015
Loved the job and what I got to learn/do. Just disliked being away from my family. Got to travel and work in places I had never been which was very exciting.Supportive management team.
High stress environment with ability to unwind with coworkers
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 11, 2014
A highly stressful work environment in a growing company. Luckily there are a lot of great people working there that you can laugh off the stress with.
Traveling job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 9, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to travel to different locations and see different areas of the country. The hardest part was the hours and being away from home for most of the year.
Great Environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 8, 2015
Corporate environment - great starter job! on the job training, you can benefit from learning new skills and meeting some awesome people.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Benefits and advancement
Good place to work for
tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDAugust 18, 2015
The people are nice and i had no issue fitting in ..I had to leave the job for personal reasons .Good place to work for if you like travel . A lot of travel . You will get to see the USA ..
Pros
Busy .
traveling is fun
occupational health specialist (Former Employee) –  nationwideAugust 18, 2015
really enjoyed the travel, seeing the united states. I truly enjoyed the west coast and the weekends. fun times. thank you
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 30, 2014
Great co-workers. Hardest part is dealing with the rude customers. Most enjoyable part is talking with people all day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
gone alot
a lot of traveling,
occupational health specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 9, 2014
you do travel alot with this job. a good job if you are single. but management dont know there job