Exar Corporation Employee Reviews

Bad supervisor, stressful place to work, many times of layoff.
Principal Analog IC Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 2, 2017
Bad supervisor. He expected design engineer to be on call at night and weekend even after 10 work hours. I don't see a friendly work between coworkers. It is a stressful place to work, because so many times of layoff, and they plan to outsource many jobs as possible for cutting cost.
Good place, good people
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538September 6, 2017
A place where you learn a lot,
There are many people with enough knowledge in the semiconductor industry, they are all very kind and very supportive.
Working that place don't remember any more only think of it many competition.
Operator/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 28, 2017
When I was working to that company I felt I'm not stable because
Even though you work hard still not enough for the superior what I did to that company working there 7 days and no off day even holidays we have to work but still not enough for her and every year there was a laying off and I felt I'm always the one will getting cut off .
Pros
We are working on holidays the management bring us food in company because we are working.
Cons
Supervisors are have favoritism.
Good Benefits & Workplace Culture
Corporate Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 1, 2017
Upper management is very good at their jobs and HR ensures the culture is fun and friendly with Taco Friday's, luncheons and employee events. The benefits are very good however compensation does not keep pace with the rest of Silicon Valley. This causes good employees to leave for jobs with better pay.
Pros
Good management and employee events
Cons
Long work days with below average pay for Silicon Valley
It was a fun to work.
PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 19, 2015
I was working there as a production for over 25 years.But now is a new management. We didn't got a rate for many years. Co-workers
are nice.I really enjoy my job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun working place
Sr. Director of Engineering, NJ Site Head, DCS BU (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJNovember 11, 2015
Good working place. Management want was, but not good enough to adapt to changing market conditions. Missed many opportunities to turn around or sell the company.
For Entry level it is a good place to work.
Post Wafer Sort - Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 22, 2015
I got hire with no experience from semiconductor . Exar

Corporation gave an opportunity to open my window in different field.

. Over the years I got cross train and learned a lot about the process

( from raw wafer to finished product and shipped to the customer ) .
busy
Sr. Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 8, 2015
• Operate and maintain D.I. water, acid neutralization, scrubbers, cooling towers, HVAC,
Air-handlers, humidifiers, AC and condensers units, chillers, pnuematic controls, boilers, maintains pumps and motors.
• Manage/maintain water treatment cooling towers, process cooling and condenser water.
• Operate all building management systems, Siemens, Niagra, DMS, Allen Bradley, Direct logic.
• Plumbing, PVC and electrical. Copper welding. Rebuild and install pumps, motors and control panels.
• Compile all purchase requisitions and submit.
• Coordinate outsource contractor services.
• Emergency Response Team member, 40 hour HAZWOPER certified.
• Building maintenance, painting and dry wall repair, plumbing.
A team player with good communication and inter-personal skills. Good analytical skills with focus on priorities and a can-do positive attitude. Go
Staff Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 17, 2012
With hands-on experience in circuit analysis and strong background with Eagle500,Eagle364, Eagle300, TMT ASL 1000(Credence), Genesis (Treg) Automatic Test Systems. Experienced in developing test programs for Wafer sort, Characterization and Final Test for Power Management products namely, Buck, Boost and LDO regulators, Charge pumps, LED drivers, and Microprocessor Supervisory circuits.
Great office atmosphere
Senior Revenue Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 22, 2012
Controller and peers were always helpful. Ready to show process.