EXCALIBUR Employee Reviews

Great workplace that made you feel like family while working.
Assistant Security Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2016
Typical night would consist of assisting intoxicated, lost and non cooperative guests.
I have learned a lot of conflict resolving and how to have great patience. Also learned how to multitask and look at each situation from different angles.
Management do a great job at motivating the Officers and ensure to check on everyone to make sure they were okay. It felt like family.
The hardest part of the job was leaving that family and finding out you can never make everyone happy no matter how hard you tried.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting everyone not just guests but employees from all over the world. You get to see how diverse the environment was and get understanding of different cultures. The bond that the shift have as well made it very special. They open up and welcome you with big open warm arms.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The food was not great, but can't argue with free food.
Productive, fun environment and great coworkers.
Barista/Quick Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2016
Had a great time and loved everything about the job. Dreaded having to do Starbucks related work again, but everything outweighed that one con, until new management took over. I won't get into detail, but it was like the Spanish Inquisition.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJune 8, 2016
High paced, high stress, multi tasking environment with many challenges, but with room and freedom to make changes witch accountability.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
High stress
Long hours, satisfactory income, job satisfaction,
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2016
Picked up in Santa Monica. Knew the destinations. Knew short cuts and how to avoid traffic. Their was also less of it. Gave the customer good service. Enjoyed visiting with fellow drivers in between rides. The trick to getting along with taxi management is to pay them in full, on time and to not damage their vehicles.
Excellent company to work for!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 12, 2012
A typical day or night would be working with the public in a Condominium setting. Doing rounds in the Community and making sure all the safety rules and regulations are followed. Helping the Public with any issues they may have and also control all the Parties and such if they were to get to loud.
I learned so much there. The management was Tops in my book. They took the time to talk to you and offered more learning of Security.
Hardest part of the job was making ends meet at home due to low income from the job. But that didn't matter so much because the job was pleasant to do.
The most enjoyble part of the job was interacting with the Public and also with all my co-workers and management.
The best place I have ever worked!!
Pros
great staff communications and care of their employees.
Cons
not enough time to get to know all the employees and not enough money.
work place
lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2016
it really chill we are all about safety but they are not good with flexibility with you scheduled. i hope to work at the westin after talkingn to a lead that came to my school basic high school
Pros
it nice
Cons
fair away we cant swim in the pool when it closes
Busy some days
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJFebruary 25, 2016
Its busy in the summer slow in the winter they cut your hours its to many egos to many chiefs and not enough indians makes it a difficult and uncomfortable work environment.
Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2015
Overall a great company to work for, lots of exciting projects to move forward with, leadership cares about quality of work life balance and tehre are lots of volunteer opportunities.
this was just a job i needed to get by
lead carpenter (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJDecember 26, 2015
garbage company many false promises...made me a manager twice then let me go for winter right after christmas....always had problems paying people on friday....they dont pay to travel ....was working like 11 hours only to get paid for 8.....
Pros
its work
Cons
find a real job fast...
productive work place
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2013
Working for Excalibur allowed me to become more fast paste due to the fast paste environment. It also has helped me to enhance my verbal skills also to communicate with customers face to face well. The most enjoyable part of working for this company is the compensation and the interaction with the customers.
Fun and productive workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2015
Fun place with quality co-workers and great management. Being outside and greeting guests. Hardest part of the job was cleaning the pool at night.
Pros
Being outside, Quality Management and Co-Workers
Cons
EDR food is sub par
amazing venue
Theme Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2013
amazing location for business and tourist events. Great benefits and compensation for booking events
Pros
Wonderful spot for tourist
Cons
Hours of operation
Great place to work and get to meet new people from all over the country.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Russellville, KYJuly 9, 2014
My job is interesting because I get to meet new people from all over the United States and Canada. My job is very flexible and fun. The hardest part of the job is that it is seasonal. Certain times of the year are much busier than others. That is my number one reason for looking for a new job.
Pros
Flexible, Fun
Cons
Long travel distance from home, hours vary depending on time of year
Great enviroment, enjoyable people, and fun times.
Floor Worker and Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, LADecember 1, 2012
While at work I would watch children while they played in the play area, I would harness them up at the rock wall, and I would also show them how to play in the lazer tag area. I would mop up and clean the bathrooms and all areas I was responsible for that day. Every co-worker was enjoyable and very easy going. Everything about this job was great, there wasnt any cons.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
good company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PASeptember 13, 2015
good company overall good company to work for. People were very good. work load was not out of control. vendors were easy to work with and helpful.
fun place to work
Games Operator (Former Employee) –  las vegas nvMarch 15, 2014
busy work days included stocking your game and keeping large amounts of cash daily
I learned how to beat the carnival games
my co-workers were nice and friendly
hardest part of the job was keeping up with the deposits if you went over 100 in any hour
loved interacting with guests everyday
Pros
free lunches
Highly skilled people and resourcefull to work with.
Spa Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2013
The most basic spa attendant job is to maintain cleanliness. This usually involves sweeping, mopping, and interior window cleaning.
Often perform business tasks, as well as working directly with customers providing select spa services.
Great job, many different types of projects
Principal Concept Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Excalibur works with leading edge technology firms which provides the opportunity to design products that have never been created.
Pros
variety
Cons
too small
fun girls
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 25, 2014
Got to learn a lot about the different types of stones that are out there and learn about all the different gages that you can get. Had fun working with all the girls there shared some funny stories.
Nice place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2013
It wasn't bad, just a normal lifeguard job. it is kinda run down, but the co-workers there are very nice, and You can get to know you lead life guards easily.
Pros
good food, easy
Cons
late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EXCALIBUR. Our community is ready to answer.

69%