Excel Academy Public Charter School is seeking Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd-Grade Lead Teachers for the 2013-14 academic year.
Lead Teachers (LT) are responsible for ensuring students’ academic achievement and contributing to a dynamic and rigorous school culture. LTs embody and advocate the mission, vision and strategic direction of the school. They create, monitor and sustain a rigorous curriculum and high standards learning environment that focuses on achieving dramatic improvement in student academic achievement. LTs in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-Grades are also responsible for hosting and mentoring an Urban Teaching Resident.
Lead Teachers have a variety of teaching and administrative responsibilities, including the following:
- Provide rigorous instruction in core subjects daily
- Participate in curriculum development aligned to the Common Core Standards
- Assess and track student performance on daily, weekly, and interim bases
- Analyze and use assessment data to refine curriculum and instructional practice
- Monitor and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards
- Assume responsibility for the academic progress of all students
Candidates should have the following qualifications and embody the following qualities:
- A Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred)
- Passing score on Elementary content test (Praxis II) or have achieved Highly Qualified status via a High Objective Uniform State Standard Evaluation (HOUSSE) process
- Mission Alignment: Commitment to educating girls for academic achievement and empowering girls to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Values Alignment: Belief in the capacity of every girl for high academic achievement and a commitment to a creating a highly-structured, effective, and fun learning environment.
- Commitment To Urban Education: Commitment to responding to the needs of urban girls with urgency, ensuring that they leave school with the academic, social-emotional, and cultural skills necessary to succeed in school and in life.
- Collaborative and Team-Oriented: Commitment to collaborative planning and teaching to ensure achievement for all students.
Excel Academy Public Charter School will provide pre-school through eighth grade girls a solid academic foundation and enrichment opportunities to prepare them to succeed in high school and college and to develop the skills and confidence they need to make healthy, positive lifestyle choices.