Excel Employee Reviews

My Summary
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 16, 2018
Over five years of experience working as a forklift operator .Work safely and efficiently with minimal supervision loading and unloading trucks .Possess current lift truck certification .Detail oriented, self motivated, and comfortable in within high-speed industrial environments. Good written and oral communication skills. Able to effectively work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds. Hardworking and able to perform very heavy work; routinely lifts 25 to 75 lb. and occasionally lifts 75 to 100+ lb. It really was not anything hard about the job cause we where there for each other. l love the culture of a the work place because we are like family everybody get along we help each other to get the job done. The enjoyable time a work is then you can get along with your co worker and enjoy what you are doing.
Good company to work for
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJanuary 15, 2018
Enjoy working with this company inspecting all material being ship and receive loading & unloading trucks. Making sure warehouse is organized and kept clean. Document material in the computer
all the people on the line helped one another
Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 15, 2018
It always started as a fast pace environment. As part of management I always made sure they had plenty of whizzard blades and new blades on the skinners. I worked on a line called export so having people go to the bathroom was hard. But I would replace them by taking my knife and mesh to help out. the hardest job was when the barges were in strike and I started getting 20 hours per week. Being a single parent I needed more.That is when I left to Pella. I enjoyed being there.
Pros
Everyone was friendly
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Company
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LADecember 23, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about Excel. Excel is a very safety oriented company that keeps care of its employees and their families. The work environment is professional and collaborative and the management is top notch.
Pros
Great Benefits
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 18, 2017
It’s a good place to work people are friendly really helpful and communicative the supervisor is really cool very flexible and understanding if I had to the chance to go back I would
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
stay busy all the time
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hesston, KSNovember 27, 2017
they allways runing out parts and get sent home erly . i like the people i work with. You stay really busy when you have the parts. I like working all the overtime.
it was alright
outbound (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 15, 2017
I had to take these weights and take them and put them in a box alone with no helo and I ended up pulling a muscle in my back and they let me go on the spot
walmart return center
pick/pack/scan (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 10, 2017
Excel is a return center for walmart. It may be a good place for some to work, but i found it too demanding.It requires very heavy lifting and constant on the go.
Pros
local
Cons
too demanding
Wet and cold place always needed a coat
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IANovember 10, 2017
Overall a good place to work,paid good and long hours gave me a big pay check.i was able to bid on any job there and. Health care was pretty good compared to others places
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cold and wet
great work enviroment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSOctober 23, 2017
I enjoy working at excel because u work at ur own paste as long as u made ur number by the end if the shift. My duities was to unload the truck and put the parts where they belong.
stressfull
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Hts, OHOctober 20, 2017
Clients are at times stressful. their isn't really to much to really sit down and eat. Bathroom breaks can be hard at times. clients can be less patience when it come to being bump up or back
Pros
lunch when can
Cons
no to many
Productive and fun
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INOctober 20, 2017
The management was very experienced, knowledgeable, and caring. besides having to work 10 hours a day 6 days a week, this job was fun and left me feeling accomplished daily.
Terminating wire
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was when they placed me on the terminating crew which means that is peaceful whenever you are just concentrated on get the job done right, makes the time pass quicker.
Pros
Free Lunch on Wednesday, Good Money
Cons
Dirty Restrooms.
Great Pay, opportunity for advancement
NCCER Certified Journeyman Class A / Foreman (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 25, 2017
Typically work 10 hr days.
For the most part management within Excel is great but there are a few who make the job undesirable.
Competitive pay is a plus but the lack of payed time off or vacation is a negative.
Pros
Job advancement opportunities
Cons
Some management employees are hard to work for
It was a interesting job. Always wondered what I was transporting.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 22, 2017
I hauled to mostly new theaters in the country. Also, went to some secreted places which was interesting. It was a fun job on the road. Manager I questioned.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Can not think of any
It's a starting off point
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Good place for basic experience but the atmosphere is severely lacking. Many ex-cons and thug like types. Treated poorly by management as a result of this.
Suddenly u are laid off
Picker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 20, 2017
I was very hard worker and worked with them at toys r us and it was seasonal but the wait till two weeks before Christmas and lay everyone off. Also the said I got laid off because my background from when I got the job initially.
Pros
Was a great job
Cons
Suddenly job less
good job
kill floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  plainview txSeptember 19, 2017
good job to work at fast paced hard work but it was a good living in my younger days good management and training room for advancement good pay great leaders
Bad management
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Very disorganized. Favouritism runs all the way up. If you are not close to someone high up, you will not make it far with Excel, and may not even get hired.
you worked hard
laborer (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IASeptember 5, 2017
it was a meat packing plant. I worked in 32 degree temps at all times. It was cold and you would get wet . They don't care about what you feel as long as you can throw the meat . If you get hurt and have to have surgery the next day you would have to sit in the lunchroom. you did not get to sit at home
Pros
insurance
Cons
hard work