excelleRX

excelleRX Employer Reviews

Nice enviornment
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great place to do your externship at for school. The employers and managers were very nice.
Going thru a merger...many changes
Contract Project Manager (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: work at home
It is hard to adequately review excelleRx since my contract work was modified. They are going thru a merger and until the dust settles, I'm not sure the final outcome.
Good job, terrible pay and managment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Sharon Hill, PAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: nothing
Been here 7 years and have yet to receive a livable wage. Management couldn't care less about their employees. Would never recommend working here unless you really need a job bad.
Very nice place to work,
Pharmacy Technician-Externship (Former Employee), Memphis TnJuly 1, 2014
The company and people where very nice and fun to work with while I completed my externship.
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), telecommuteFebruary 28, 2014
Good collaboration with coworkers. Nice managers. Lots of sitting though.
Working with Doctor's and Nurses about Medication for Hospice patients
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: lunch to be taken at the time of your schedule
Cons: short breaks
Understanding how all medications are being supplied to the doctors and nurses that call in to Excelle RX for the hospice patients. Making sure medication is arriving on time at whatever pharmacists location there is for that area. Will schedule for the medications to be pick up at the right location.
No room for advancement
Prescription Management Service Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2013
This company is not one that I would recommend anyone to work for.
Enjoyable and productive work environment
Prescription Management Specialist Level II (Current Employee), Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2013
Pros: plenty of available overtime
Cons: short breaks, minimal room for advancement
A typical day of work consists of profiled over a hundred controlled substance prescriptions for hospice patients. Throughout the work week you may also be scheduled for different tasks such as opening mail, contacting specific at-risk hospices with any outstanding order information, or answering internal emails regarding the refaxing of outstanding – more... prescription requests or questions regarding the status of pending orders.

I have worked for the company for over 6 years. Early next year will make 7 years and I've been working with a lot of the people in my deptartment for the length of my employment. It's a friendly environment and some of us are very close and our friendship extends to our personal lives. – less
My Experience at ExcelleRx
Prescription Management Specialist Level II (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2013
Pros: vacation time, free flu shots
Cons: short breaks, insurance not that good
The beginning of my experience with ExcelleRx was great. Learned alot about the Hospice pharmacy industry. Great work environment with very nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the constant changes.
Rewarding
Pharmacy Service Rep (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2013
The guest you meet will melt your heart. As far as the company the benifits are wonderful and the pay in competive for the field of work
Updating MARs for inpatient units
IPU Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TnAugust 26, 2013
Pros: office is very close to home
As patients are admitted into hospice houses we receive faxes to enter medications for each patient. These faxes have a 15 minute turn around time. I work at the remote site in Memphis which doesn't allow for very much advancement. My management team is in our Philadelphia office.

The hardest part of my job is not being able to communicate quickly – more... enough with my co workers if a problem should arise with patient we both maybe working on at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping these patients be comfortable at the end life which keeps me very humble. – less
Overall, this company has a very relaxed work setting.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: individual work setting
Cons: short breaks and high call volume
The call center setting is a vast difference from the retail pharmacy setting. The call center requires that medications be profiled from nurses for patients on hospice care.
The volume of calls is high at times and requires patience when corresponding with clients. The setting is relaxed. Each employee has their own desk with three computer monitors – more... or more for proper work flow. There are sections or pods containing a maximum of six people composed of both pharmacists and technicians.
Technicians are directly managed by technicians who are supervisors. Meetings are scheduled monthly to review accuracy, schedule adherence, responsibilities, etc. One of the most important factors about this job is call quality and quantity of calls. Customer service is the main goal of the company so those two factors are what mainly contribute to that goal.
My colleagues are generally nice and very helpful. Even though daily duties are based on the individual; the compilation of all the employees work is what is needed to attain a successful work flow. If employees lack in their job responsibilities that will then effect the work flow of the company by ultimately increasing call volume or aggravating the clients.
The hardest part of my job is learning to not take on too many responsibilities. I have been trained in several different departments at my job and I am learning how to not spread myself thin when help is needed in many places at once.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I am apart of a team but I still have the opportunity to be an individual. We are all working toward one common goal to provide excellent customer service to our clients. However, the individual is also able to exemplify their work. – less
Fast pace envirorment
CPhT (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2013
An overall average place to work, in a fast pace enviroment with lots of change.
I was able to grow with the company
Instructional Design and Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2013
I learned a lot from my coworkers. I was supported in my job more in the early days.
I worked there.
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee), Cordova, TNMay 22, 2013
Its a job that I had. I wished I worked somewhere else and now I do. That's life.
productve and very fun
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 3, 2013
Happy co workers. They try to teach you everything. The hardest part of the job none thing. The most enjoyable part was the co workers.
low respect for employees
tech (Former Employee), Memphis,tnMarch 21, 2013
Pros: you do get to sit
Cons: 0 raises. low work morale
Horrible wages .horrible bosses. Expensive insurance attendance points for everything
Great team enviroment, good people who do great work
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2013
I worked as an intern as well as in multiple positions within excelleRx. There was a great team enviroment, and I gained a great deal of insight into Hospice and the programs and hearts behind hospice who care for our families and friends. It was truely rewarding and encouraging to work there.
Worst place in history
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Sharon Hill, PAOctober 18, 2012
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: 30 minute lunchbreaks, favortism, unappreciative, no raises, horrible benefits, worst human resources dept
Stressful and made me depressed to go in. I haven't really learned much because it's all in who you know, not what you know. Management is the absolute worst favortism, backstabbing each other, and many other disgusting traits. Co workers are lazy, not trustworthy, some don't do anything because management allow it. The hardest part was coming in to – more... there everyday of my time being there. I would get sick to my stomach coming in there. The most enjoyable part was doing what I loved to ensure the patients get their meds. – less
I enjoy working at what I do.
Community Pharmacy Affairs Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaJune 30, 2012
Pros: the pros are finding ways to help patients die with dignity and without pain
Cons: there really are not cons, as long as we are in the business of helping people.
I work as a Community Pharmacy Affairs Specialist. It entails helping hospices find pharmacies in their specific areas to get emergent medicines, when we cannot get them to the patients until at least the next day. I also help pharmacies with billing and help them to find couriers to deliver meds when they do not have pharmacy delivery. The group I – more... work with is very team oriented and we meld together pleasantly. it makes the work day go faster and it helps us to do an assignment with excellence.The hadest part of the job is sometimes finding pharmacies that are not chains to sign up with our program, and making sure they keep the meds we normally ask for in stock. – less

About excelleRX

Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider, – Read more