Excelsior College Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Course Registration Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Nice people, good pay , good benefits . I enjoy working here and enjoy my co workers. Get to help student succeed for the future which is the best part of the whole experience.
The US Marines
University Student (Former Employee) –  Albany NyNovember 30, 2015
Military Occupation in time of war. This job is hard, you are away from home a lot. At the end of the day, you can not be sure if you are making the world a better, or worse place.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
Work, Work, and More Work!
Leading institution in online higher education with focus on underserved student populations and adults.
HIgher Education Professional (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 14, 2015
Excelsior College is a great place to work. Their academic advisors and faculty are superb. Most organized and enjoyable Commencement ceremony you'll ever witness.
Awesome employer that cares about employees
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 4, 2015
Excelsior has great pay for the industry, great benefits (awesome 401a) and health insurance, and really cares about employees. The campus is a family like community.
A unique educational institution
Vice President Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 30, 2015
A fine organization with a commendable mission, Excelsior provides educational opportunities for an under served population. Through its model of online distance education Excelsior provides people around to world to earn a degree.
Instruction, Education
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 15, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed every part of this employment. This was my ah-ha moment. I realized that I loved every part of education, which is why I apply to such positions. The most rewarding came when potential learners realized they were near to degree requirements.
Pros
advancement, management
hard work and fun
RN licenses (inactive) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2014
I enjoy helping children of all ages. I did hearing and Vision screenings for all grades, along with B.P screening for 5th grade. I learned that each state has different qualification for vaccines administration. My co workers were very helpful and willing to guide me in the correct direction if I was unsure of what to do.
Pros
working with children
Cons
not feeling appreciated
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 17, 2014
A typical day at work involves sorting/opening mail, checking transcripts for authenticity, prep, scan and index them.

I've learned how to solve complex problems. I assist management and my co-workers with solving problems. The hardest part of my job is when my work is completed before my shift ends.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to complete my tasks not only before the given deadline but well ahead of schedule.
Pros
flexibilty
benefits
Easy to Jump in
Adjunct English Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineJune 25, 2014
The prewritten syllabi make it easy for a prof to jump in and just teach. There is the occasional dead link or weird link, but students are pretty understanding and profs have the ability to adjust the course as needed (within reason).
Innovative and fast-changing workplace
Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 18, 2014
The college caters to adult learners via predominantly online instruction and exams and gives credit for experiential learning. It is a very nurturing environment and encourages professional development. It is a fast changing place and as an employee you will be required to adapt and adopt the rapid pace. Being consistent and changing rapidly is the hardest part of my job.The most enjoyable part of my job is that my work makes a difference to how the business performs and directly affects its customers- various business units of the college and the students.

Want to know more about Excelsior College?

Ask a question
Student of MBA
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 29, 2013
Student of Masters of Business Administration and graduate of Bachelor Sciences in Health Science with the emphasis in Health Care Management.
Pros
great online school
Excellent Institution for higher learning
Graduate Student - Sabbatical (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 20, 2013
Excelsior college provides online degrees which are beneficial to providing flexibility. You can study at your own time and at your own pace to achieve your educational goals.
Pros
online degree programs
Cons
online degree programs are more challenging than traditional degrees
Great Place to Work
Online Writing Lab Contributor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 22, 2013
I was hired contractually as a sample paper writer. The job was fun and the administration was fantastic.
Pros
great pay
Cons
none that i can think of
Like to interact with students
Adm Assistant to the Dean of Health Sciences (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 5, 2013
Excelsior is an online school not to much personal interaction with students.
Pros
a lot of time off
Cons
stuck most of the time at the computer