Excelsior College

Excelsior College Employer Reviews

Instruction, Education
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: advancement, management
I thoroughly enjoyed every part of this employment. This was my ah-ha moment. I realized that I loved every part of education, which is why I apply to such positions. The most rewarding came when potential learners realized they were near to degree requirements.
hard work and fun
RN licenses (inactive) (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 22, 2014
Pros: working with children
Cons: not feeling appreciated
I enjoy helping children of all ages. I did hearing and Vision screenings for all grades, along with B.P screening for 5th grade. I learned that each state has different qualification for vaccines administration. My co workers were very helpful and willing to guide me in the correct direction if I was unsure of what to do.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 17, 2014
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work involves sorting/opening mail, checking transcripts for authenticity, prep, scan and index them.

I've learned how to solve complex problems. I assist management and my co-workers with solving problems. The hardest part of my job is when my work is completed before my shift ends.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to complete – more... my tasks not only before the given deadline but well ahead of schedule. – less
Easy to Jump in
Adjunct English Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineJune 25, 2014
The prewritten syllabi make it easy for a prof to jump in and just teach. There is the occasional dead link or weird link, but students are pretty understanding and profs have the ability to adjust the course as needed (within reason).
Innovative and fast-changing workplace
Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 18, 2014
The college caters to adult learners via predominantly online instruction and exams and gives credit for experiential learning. It is a very nurturing environment and encourages professional development. It is a fast changing place and as an employee you will be required to adapt and adopt the rapid pace. Being consistent and changing rapidly is the – more... hardest part of my job.The most enjoyable part of my job is that my work makes a difference to how the business performs and directly affects its customers- various business units of the college and the students. – less
AlternativeNursing Education
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 27, 2014
Excellent facility for the non-traditional nursing student
Student of MBA
Full-time Student (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great online school
Student of Masters of Business Administration and graduate of Bachelor Sciences in Health Science with the emphasis in Health Care Management.
Great Place to Work
Online Writing Lab Contributor (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 22, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: none that i can think of
I was hired contractually as a sample paper writer. The job was fun and the administration was fantastic.
Like to interact with students
Adm Assistant to the Dean of Health Sciences (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 5, 2013
Pros: a lot of time off
Cons: stuck most of the time at the computer
Excelsior is an online school not to much personal interaction with students.
good learning place
educator (Former Employee), Marble Hall, LPNovember 12, 2013
Cons: no job security
the school formed a basis for my learning to teach within the new CAPS

About Excelsior College

Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior – Read more