Excelsior Springs Job Corps Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great Learning Place
CMA Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOOctober 23, 2015
Fun work place with understanding staff. its a good environment and the staff is awesome and friendly. They care about those around them.
Pros
everything is paid for
Cons
not enough health care
Positive work place/training facility
HBI Facility Maintenance student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOOctober 2, 2015
Job corps is an excellent experience for young adults to become a better person and find an career you will be happy with.
welding
Welding Student/Center Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOSeptember 25, 2015
I learn a lot ... It work a hard work it always busy nice place to learn.. you to different stuff and they help me to get my welding trade
Organized and structured
Certified Nursing Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOSeptember 1, 2015
There are supportive staff members and a fun environment for the students. They teach you how to manage your time and how to be proficient. They teach the students how to be professional in the workplace and even in personal settings. They show the students how to have a relationship in a professional setting with the other students. Overall Excelsior Springs Job Corps Center is a very rewarding and educational opportunity.
Pros
free education, room and board, and meals
Cons
not being able to go off campus when you'd like
Productive and fun work place
Home Builders Institute Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOJuly 24, 2015
Every Day is different, never expect to be disappointed cause you wont be. hard work and learn fast. you must be patient cause you got a lot to learn and nothing comes easy, you must earn your certificates cause nothing is handed out
Pros
Teacher get to the point.
Cons
Amount of time it takes.
Productive work place to keep busy throught the day.
Maintenance for HBI (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOApril 2, 2015
My typical day at work starts out with complying with all of the listed job orders I have to repair or fix. I've learned that working safely and proficiently around the job site is the best way to prevent other people getting hurt. I've learned to get the job done in a timely and professional manner. I've learned to work with customers of all varieties. I know how to make the best choices and keep people safe happy and everything working in there apartment. I'm very precise with management, I have that never fall or give up stature about me. I'm a team player, I work very well with others. I'm respectful, responsible, I can work very well in a controlled environment. The hardest part of the job is only when there is other co- workers that don't help out with the daily procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to have a job that I love. I have a passion for building fixing and just mainly helping people and make them feel safe and happy.
Pros
A respected amount of time for breaks.
Cons
difficult people to work with.
Getting a great career
Welding Student/Center Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOFebruary 27, 2015
1. Doing projects.
2. Welding & more.
3. Place to live.
4. Love team work.
5. Not being able to do it longer.
6. Coming to work
Pros
trips
Cons
healthcare
Productive fun place to work
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOOctober 27, 2014
While working in this position I learned how to repair, clean and maintain both residential and commercial buildings. I also learned how to do four season grounds keeping, single pole and three way electrical,minor plumbing and flooring. Also how to repair, troubleshoot, and maintain window a/c units.
Pros
always an opportunity for adavancment
Cons
short breaks
Productive fun with pool table, movie room, arts and crafts area, gym with basketball courts, and many sports
Nursing Assistant Clinical (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOSeptember 5, 2014
I get up at 6 in the morning get ready to start my day, eat breakfast, chat with friends, do my duties, and being professional at all times.
Welding
Welding Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOAugust 13, 2014
through out my time at job corps the welding program help me learn the difference from a job that i could love and keep and a job that has not much benefits you could get or deserve going through this program tought me alot and where i can go in life i want to exceed the expectation company's have to offer nd go beyond the limit i know most of my weld symbols i can blue print read and read measuring tapes i like to work on 1g 2g 3g and 4g electrobe and mig im very dependable reliable trustworthy and punctual.
Pros
free lunch health care dental care
Cons
short breaks
It was a great learning place
Welding Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOJune 30, 2014
Jobcorps was a great opportunity for me. It is a great program. I am very glad that I went to Jobcorps cause it did get me back on my feet and learn a trade.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner. lived on a campus for free.
Fun workplace
Medical Student/Employee (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOFebruary 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with others.I got along with them. Got along with my instructor.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
Very productive
I Served as foreman on this project (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MoJanuary 23, 2014
I love working in the trade I was in. they helped me out on a lot of stuff
Rewarding
Outreach and Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 24, 2013
My day at work was very rewarding because I was able to help the general welfare of a young person. I heard many sad stories and God used me to turn their stories to successful testimonies. Staff was a blessing to me and the youth and teamwork was off the charts.
Life at Job Corps
Home Builders Institute Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MODecember 9, 2013
Choose facilities maintance for the education on how to keep a building running so that i can keep my house running.
Pros
free lunch free internet
Cons
short breaks
Good Opportunity
Carpentry Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOJanuary 30, 2013
I enjoyed my time here and have gained skills to help me find a career.
Pros
free
Cons
drama
Good place to learn trade skills.
Carpentry Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MODecember 17, 2012
I really think that it is a very good opportunity to become more skilled and and advanced in skills. It is a program that allowed me to gain skille in carpentry and i also took a training coarse In Evironmental Remediation Mold Abatement, Asbestos Removal,Lead Abatement,40 hour HAZWOPER, CPR/ First Aid, and AED.
It was a place that you had to be determined and focused.
Welding Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOSeptember 4, 2012
It was a place that had a place to live, eat , and workout. I went there to get a welding certificate. The trade choices was not bad, and the instructor's was not horrible. It was a small place that staff took pride in keeping it decent for people to live and eat. People could go off the campus when they wanted, all execpt curfie's, certain times to be inside.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
short breaks, health care.
Excelsior Springs Job Corp's change in overall people's lives all depends on how much a person puts into it. It's definatley a give and take program.
Home Builders Institute Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOAugust 8, 2012
My personal opinion is that Job Corps was pretty good to me, but that was only because I took advantage of it.
Pros
the possabilities...
Cons
drama...
hands on training program
Carpentry Student (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOJuly 9, 2012
learning the basic of carpentry also lived on campus shared rooms wit 3 roommates the most enjoyable part about it was when it was trade week it was time to go to work.
Pros
free lunch and living place etc.
Cons
living on campus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Excelsior Springs Job Corps Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3