Exception Technologies, LLC, a small business focusing on computer and network security research, is seeking multiple full-time Research Engineers.
Work with a team to research and develop novel techniques to apply symbolic execution analysis in support of various government sponsors.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 4+ years related experience, A BS is equivalent to 4 Years of relevant experience,
- Strong C/C++ development skills including fundamental understanding of debugging (gdb, windbg, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of computer virtualization technologies, computer architecture and development (x86/x64, ARM, or MIPS)
- Fundamental understating of operating systems internals (Windows, Linux, OSX, BSD, Android or iOS)
- Familiarity with x86/x64, ARM, or MIPS assembly
- Basic reverse engineering skills (IDAPro)
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 8 years related experience
- Familiarity with x86/x64 application binary interface
- Device driver development experience (Windows, Linux, or MacOS)
- Network programming experience (Berkley sockets, Winsock, etc.)
- Experience with compiler development (LLVM, GCC)
- Experience with computer virtualization technology development (QEMU)
- Knowledge of concolic and symbolic execution analysis platforms (S2E, Mayhem, BitBlaze, or KLEE)
- Knowledge of SAT/SMT solvers (STP, Z3)
- Knowledge of computer exploitation techniques (ASLR, ROP/JOP, etc.)
- Prior experience working with DoD and IC
Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship. Must be eligible for DoD clearance requiring background investigation.
Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
Indeed - 5 months ago