I have a Part Time position available in Tyler, TX. I need a nurse that can work every other Satruday and Sunday 8a-p. This nurse must have G-Tube and Trach experience.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibility include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
2. Implements plan of care initiated by the clinician.
3. Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
4. Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information patient to diagnosis and plan of care.
5. Participates in coordination of home health services appropriately reposting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA,OT,PT,SW,ST, and Dietician)
6. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
7. Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the RN.
he above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
2. Six months nursing experience preferred. Community/home health or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
3. Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Texas or license from corresponding compact state.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
5. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good working order.
Must have the ability to participate in physical activity; do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis and work for extended periods of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.