Exceptional Living Centers Employee Reviews

Staffing is great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 12, 2017
Staffing majority of the time is short and that makes the work load so much difficult. Other than that its an enjoyable place to work at despite short of staff, which can result in a heavy night but the employees are really nice. The management is great. The hardest part of the job is when were working short, it makes the shift difficult. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing I provided great quality care and my residents are they're overall satisfied.
Pros
Co-workers are friendly
Cons
short breaks, still get points if miss work even with a doctors note
Great staff and opportunities for advancement
RN (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 8, 2017
Karmenta is really a nice place to work. The staff works well as a team and care about the residents that we take care of. The leadership team is hands on and approachable. As an RN, my talent and expertise is recognized and I am provided opportunities to continue my education and advance my career.
Pros
Caring staff, opportunities for professional growth and advancement
Cons
Older building, but well maintained
Great starter job
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJune 6, 2017
A place where you can grow as a leader and advance outside of the establishment. Pay was good. The scheduling was great and they were flexible if needed.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
na
Hard Work with littel appreciateion
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 1, 2017
Managers are unskilled in the dealings of subordinates. Understaffed in many departments leading to longer hours to complete jobs by deadlines, but strict orders to not have overtime which created stress and frustration to many employees.
People with less seniority are promoted before more seasoned employees or those who trained the new employee.
Company is not ethnically diversified by any means.
Ellettsville IN
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Ellettsville, INMarch 25, 2017
Company run from afar resulting in bad management decisions. They don't know what's going on but they make the decisions not the local management. Easy to get blamed wrongly for stuff. Lots of psychiatric patients with behavioral issues and they can get abusive . But you won't have much support . Kind of old and run down place with lots of smokers and addicts who aren't pleasant people and they won't be pleasant to you
Cons
See above
Changing our Team in a Positive Way
Senior RN (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 6, 2016
Our new Executive Director is exceptional. We went through st least two other Executive Directors and he is awesome. He treats us with dignity and respect. He is always here for our team and is making it better at Karmenta for our staff and residents. He visits the residents everyday and us, too. He always has a smile on his face with a great personality. Exceptional Living Centers needs more people like him.
Pros
The food is awesome.
Cons
We are a one star facility but know we will get better!
Great job, no training,
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I got literally no orientation to this job, this made it hard for me to be successful... it's a bummer because I would have stayed long term. My colleagues were fantastic, and the ED and HR representative are phenomenal.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 8, 2016
The location in loves park was severely understaffed. Always short CNAS and had extra work. Did not discipline professionally, instead decided to discipline in front of entire staff (not just myself included). Felt bad for the kids they were the ones who suffered. I felt at many times it was unprofessional.
Pros
Kids
Cons
low pay, short staff, bad management
good place to work
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Ellettsville, INApril 19, 2015
A great place to work has great staff and very skilled Nurses. Has good benefits. Competitive pay Staff work very hard and give good patient care. Management is turning over so change is coming. The hardest part of the day is meal times. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the residents smile when you help them
Pros
good benifits
Cons
short staffed
Review
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 29, 2014
One of the best small to medium size companies in Lexington. Knowledgeable staff and great to work with. Everyone gets to know everyone.
Loved the kids
CNA (Former Employee) –  Loves park, illinoisJanuary 19, 2014
I loved working with the kids but management was horrible and they definitely overworked the CNA's. On top of that , it was under staffed so i was asked to stay longer many times.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Nurses expected perfection
Great job
Central Business Office Specialist- AR (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 11, 2013
great people to work with, good work/family balance, positive enviroment
It was ok company to work for
DON/Acting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colby, WIAugust 19, 2013
The company that I worked for have very strong core values and gave me the opportunity for advancement if I wanted it. I was acting administrator for 6 months and I really could have used more training but everything is a learning process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exceptional Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8