Exchange Bank Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Skiatook, OKOctober 13, 2016
The Exchange Bank provided a very welcoming and relaxed work environment. It was a great place to be employed. The officers do their absolute bet to educate new employees on how the banking industry works.
Fun and Productive
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NESeptember 29, 2016
Customers truly made it the best. Always learned their names and made a friendly relationship and not just a number out of them.
Fun environment, my ideas on efficiency were heard and taken into consideration
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP,NEW ACCOUNTS REP,TELLER (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKSeptember 20, 2016
I enjoyed the work environment and talking to the customers, I remembered many of their account numbers which made for quicker service. I was on a first name basis with nearly all our customers, I had opened many of their accounts as I was also a New Accounts Rep. I loved that I got the opportunity to progress and grow so quickly with the company, receiving four promotions within a year. Since I had so many responsibilities, at times it was difficult to get to everything everyday. I had trained new employees on my responsibilities so they could begin to take on some of mine. I liked staying busy and always having something to do.
Pros
opportunities to grow, stayed busy, my ideas were heard
Cons
poorly managed, poor treatment of employees
overall good company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sebastopol, CAFebruary 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Exchange Bank. I love the culture and dedication of it's employees. I recomend this Bank for your financial needs as well.
Great place to have worked for
Data Entry/Coding (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2015
Exchange was a great bank to work for. They embraced their customer to the fullest as well as their employees. Exchange was an old fashion bank with old fashion values.
Pros
Great bonuses and regarded their employees as an asset
An amazing place to work and grow
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  LobbyApril 21, 2015
The bank has taught me some very valuable like lessons that I never would have learned working in other jobs typical to college students.
Pros
amazing interactions
The Exchange Bank
Drive Thru Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Skiatook, OKJanuary 13, 2015
I learned a lot about the banking world in my 5 years of being employed here. I met a lot of great people. I love working with money. I loved everything about my job.
Good environment with great customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Petaluma CaAugust 21, 2014
Deposits and cash handling along with excel balancing of vault along with occasional wire transfers, various reports, and even foreign currency exchange. Friendly co-workers and great staff to aid in getting all tasks completed by the end of the work day. Getting new clients to walk into the branch is the most difficult part of the job.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Slow pace
Needs improvement
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 7, 2014
Co-workers were great and benefits were good. Management is poor and bank is very dysfunctional. Difficult and very time consuming to get loans through the system, questionable ethics and lack of integrity, customer service is also lacking due to bank's overall culture.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
management, ethics, integrity, overall bank culture
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Follow-up with customers to ensure satisfaction and cross-sell additional products. Market and actively promote Bank products through community events. Develop new business by prospecting, telephone consulting and cold calling. Refer customers to other Bank departments for additional financial service products. Work with other departments to successfully to complete the sales cycle. Cross-sell products and services to achieve branch and individual goals. Determine financial needs of customers and offer appropriate products. Open accounts after interviewing and identifying customer’s needs. Prepare all documentation for accounts using Bank software. Perform account inquiries and updates for customers. Answer telephone calls and provide assistance. Provide backup and support to branch staff including vault support, daily ATM procedures/balancing, opening/closing branch, ordering supplies, cash/coin processing.
Productive and greatest place to train, work and very family oriented in Milledgeville, Ga.
Mortgage Operation Servicing Mgr (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at work is to complete the daily reports, pay invoices, taxes and insurances.

That a small bank such as Exchange Bank operates the same as a large bank just with less people.

The management at Exchange bank is very encouraging and knowledgeable. They are there to assist and make sure the customer is number 1 as it should be.

The co-workers are excellent, they are there to complete the task at hand and they ask " what can I do to help"verses that is not my job attitude.

The hardest part of the job, no hard parts just perseverance and the willingness for all to grasp the same goal.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to accomplish the task at hand and to balance all the reports. (required research or knowing where to get the answer from).
Pros
Opportunity to wear jeans and T-Shirt on 1st Friday of the month
Cons
I was unable to stay there long enough to grasp the entire concept of Mortgage Lending
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 15, 2013
The management at Exchange Bank allows employees to be a part of the "family" culture. There is a great opportunity to use my varied skill-set. They do not confine me to just credit analysis or administrative tasks and are supportive of career growth.
My coworkers are friendly and willing to assist me when asked.
Pros
They have great benefits.
Cons
Knowing that I worked myself out of a job.
Customer Committed, Community Involved
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 5, 2013
Never a dull moment when you work with the diverse public of Sonoma County - Loved my co-workers - Had management that encouraged me to grow at times I needed it - Always enjoyed the Teller position - Hardest thing was leaving to follow another dream
Pros
Working with the Public
Cons
Working with the Public
Ok for college kids
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 3, 2013
Ok place to work right out of high schoool while you attend college-ok to work here for 1-2 years no room for advancement and very strick working enviroment-pay and benifts are low.Ok place for the younger employee's.As long as you do what your told and dont disagree and follow the rules you will be ok.
Pros
ITS A JOB
Cons
TO MANY TO MENTION
Ok place to work if looking for stability but not peace of mind.
TELLER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAFebruary 18, 2013
Most days were pretty laid back but steady. Certain days of the month were busy, Loved those days. I learned what to expect when working in a bank or financial setting. Management definitely needs improving. Not very honest or trustworthy people. They could care more about their employees. Co-workers were a joy most days but there were a lot of drama filled days. The job wasn't hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was my co-workers and my customers.
Pros
set hours/day time, paid holidays and vacations
Cons
not much room for growth for women and inconsiderate management
Community Banking at its finest...
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAFebruary 5, 2013
From the time that the bank opens, and up to the close of the business day, I was expected to provide excellent service to the many customers that walked through the banks doors throughout the day. Service with a smile is always expected, and the banking customer is to always be treated as an important asset to the bank.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
the commute
Busy enviroment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAJuly 26, 2012
Start the day by processing atm night drop, once done, take every customer you have and help them with what they need. I learned a lot working there, such as values, banking procedures, more of why I love cusomer service. My managemt wasn't great, had many issues with that. My co-workers were absolutley amazing. They were like my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely getting to know and talk to my customers every day. They always put a smile on my face.
Pros
my customers, long lunch break
Cons
management, not great pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exchange Bank. Our community is ready to answer.