EXCO Resources Employee Reviews

good employees
pipeline mechanic (Former Employee), Clearfield, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: 401k
Cons: management
Exco Resources has terrible management. They lack in communication. Everything is a big secret. They operate with the knowledge is power principle.
Management Sucks
N\A (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2014
Cons: to many to list.
I worked for this company and they try and blame others for things you did not do. They are based in Dallas unless you are in that location then you will not be promoted. They got to big to quick.

One day your there and the next your not. They will screw you on your stock options after you leave so they do not have to pay you.
Very family-like and welcoming company
Intern & Contractor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2014
I did not work for EXCO long but in my experiences with the company and the people that I worked with very much cared for the sake of EXCO Resources.
A really good company.
Production Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: i was generally home by 5 pm every day.
Cons: not enough overtime to be worked.
A typical day was very easy. If everything was in proper working condition, there was really nothing to do. 8 hour days. 5 days a week. That was probably the most difficult part of the job. Not being able to get much overtime, made it difficult sometimes to keep up with my bills. The most enjoyable part of my job had to be the people I worked with. Everyone that I worked with was always open and willing to help, and teach if needed. Some practices used by this company were different than previous work, but in all the work was the same. If it wasn't for the lack of overtime, I would never have left this company.
Management is not in control.
Employee (Former Employee), Pennsylvania & West VirginiaJune 6, 2014
The pay and benefits are very good, however, there are few, if any, chances for advancement. It's not very clear what criteria are used when people are advanced. EXCO seems to react harshly to bad business decisions instead of planning for the future. They don't seem to understand how to successfully budget money.

Over a 14-month period more than 120 employees were laid-off with no notice whatsoever. There are two offices trying to manage this company, one in Pittsburgh and one in Dallas. Neither office knows what the other one is doing. This company doesn't seem very stable, and the chances are good they are looking for someone to buy all, or part, of their Appalachia assets in PA and WV. Working for them is like being on a ship with no captain in charge.
Exco is the best.
Lease Operator (Current Employee), Beckley, WVApril 19, 2014
Hired in 1988 knowing nothing about the Natural Gas field. 16 years later I have learned so much. Production and maintaining production. This job teaches you self discipline. To work by yourself and be productive. My boss and co-workers are like Family to me. The hardest part of the job. Is the Winter Season. Driving though the mountains in the Winter can be very difficult.
Great company to work for
geosteering geologist (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasDecember 14, 2013
My overall experience with Exco was great. From my co-workers to my bosses, everyone was nice and more than willing to help with problems. The geosteering department has a great core of employees.
Very productive and exciting place to work
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Vernon, LASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: hour lunch breaks, networking
I was a summer intern for 3 years at this job. I would usually work from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. I learned how to code invoices, distribute and file oil well logs, analyze and re-edit oil well documentation and other clergical duties. Management was great. He would always check on us and make sure everything was going well. My co-workers were awesome and friendly. The really wasn't a hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work, doing my duties and communicating with others.
Body Bar
Associate Lease Analyst (Former Employee), Warrendale, PAApril 1, 2013
Pros: created my own schedule. management was very accommodating.
Cons: no health care or any benefits.
I was a massage therapist at the Body Bar, it was a great job when I was finishing up shool to become a Human Resources professional. I was an independent contractor through the Body Bar and was able to create my own schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Overal great place to work.
Geologist (Current Employee), Warrendale, PANovember 1, 2012
Pros: great benefits and retirement package
Excellent start for me coming straight out of college. I learned alot about the oil and gas industry and was mentored by many experienced professionals.