EXCO Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Quality Technical Staff
Technical Team Manager/Chief Geologist/Geosteering (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
Excellent drilling record in horizontal plays. Over 400 horizontal Haynesville and Bossier wells drilled in East Texas and North Louisiana.
Work Life
Production Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  PAApril 7, 2016
There is no advancement, job security is risky, compensation and benefits decreased. There is no future with EXCO Resources.
EXCO has been and excellent place to work
JV/MLP Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2016
Company has given me a great place to learn and use my knowledge and experience. Because of the current downturn in the Oil & Gas industry there is limited opportunities here.
Pros
work enviroment, people
Cons
limit oportunities
Fun place to work and able to bring your life work experience to the table.
Wellsite supervisor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Never a boring job with all the different types of jobs, conventional frac, zipper fracs, perf gun pump downs, coil tubing frac plug drill outs. Dealing with H2S environment. Tubing up wells, snubbing operations, running pump & rods. Never a dull moment. Well rounded management, easy to communicate with.
Set priorities and worked independently
Revenue / Payout Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2016
8-9 hour work days,
Payout tracking parameters using Excalibur PO Module,
Co-workers in department were all team players,
Most recently, to deal with shrinking staff and the amount of work.
Had great manager, and it was enjoyable to work independently.
Pros
Coffee, Sodas available
Cons
Pressure for Industry Downsizing.
Was a good company to work for from 2006-2013, but then company fell apart.
Measurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Tree, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Exco was a good company to work for from 2006-2013, but then change in leadership happened and the company crashed from that point on.
Company Management
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2016
When I started working it was a growing company that would allow for job advancement and professional growth. As time progressed and commodity prices declined however, the company found itself in debt and had to begin several rounds of layoffs. The executive management would not allow the employees to have flexible scheduling year around. They would give the employees Friday afternoons off during the summer only to reinstate a regular work schedule when the fall started. Many of the employees work more than 40hr weeks. As the layoffs continued, the management did not try to raise morale.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Bad Management
Good place to work.
Well Tender, Compressor Tech. (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2015
I liked my job and the people that I worked with. I enjoyed the challenge of trying to get the maximum production from the wells that I had to take care of.
They where decent company to work for.
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2015
The hard part of my job was the weather and also the best because I had the good and the bad of being outside. I learned that I could do anything asked of me when given the skills to do it.
Great worklife balance
IT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2015
Good company GREAT work life balance and benefits.
Family Oriented
Half day Fridays
Not sure about layoffs
Job security shaky this year
Pros
Half Day Fridays during summer.
Cons
Lay offs
Payroll Coordinator/Surface Land Clerk
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Cane, LASeptember 3, 2015
Worked as a Surface Land Clerk filing docouments, maintaining spreadsheets, and submitting payroll. I also kept up with leases and recorded leases at the parish court house.
Great summer internship.
Field Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2015
I have nothing but praise for the engineering manager. The internship was an awesome experience. I worked in the Haynesville gas field with the production engineers. I assisted with a saltwater disposal system.
good employees
pipeline mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Exco Resources has terrible management. They lack in communication. Everything is a big secret. They operate with the knowledge is power principle.
Pros
401k
Cons
management
Management Sucks
N\A (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2014
I worked for this company and they try and blame others for things you did not do. They are based in Dallas unless you are in that location then you will not be promoted. They got to big to quick.

One day your there and the next your not. They will screw you on your stock options after you leave so they do not have to pay you.
Cons
to many to list.
Very family-like and welcoming company
Intern & Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2014
I did not work for EXCO long but in my experiences with the company and the people that I worked with very much cared for the sake of EXCO Resources.
A really good company.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2014
A typical day was very easy. If everything was in proper working condition, there was really nothing to do. 8 hour days. 5 days a week. That was probably the most difficult part of the job. Not being able to get much overtime, made it difficult sometimes to keep up with my bills. The most enjoyable part of my job had to be the people I worked with. Everyone that I worked with was always open and willing to help, and teach if needed. Some practices used by this company were different than previous work, but in all the work was the same. If it wasn't for the lack of overtime, I would never have left this company.
Pros
i was generally home by 5 pm every day.
Cons
not enough overtime to be worked.
Management is not in control.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania & West VirginiaJune 6, 2014
The pay and benefits are very good, however, there are few, if any, chances for advancement. It's not very clear what criteria are used when people are advanced. EXCO seems to react harshly to bad business decisions instead of planning for the future. They don't seem to understand how to successfully budget money.

Over a 14-month period more than 120 employees were laid-off with no notice whatsoever. There are two offices trying to manage this company, one in Pittsburgh and one in Dallas. Neither office knows what the other one is doing. This company doesn't seem very stable, and the chances are good they are looking for someone to buy all, or part, of their Appalachia assets in PA and WV. Working for them is like being on a ship with no captain in charge.
Exco is the best.
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVApril 19, 2014
Hired in 1988 knowing nothing about the Natural Gas field. 16 years later I have learned so much. Production and maintaining production. This job teaches you self discipline. To work by yourself and be productive. My boss and co-workers are like Family to me. The hardest part of the job. Is the Winter Season. Driving though the mountains in the Winter can be very difficult.
Great company to work for
geosteering geologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasDecember 14, 2013
My overall experience with Exco was great. From my co-workers to my bosses, everyone was nice and more than willing to help with problems. The geosteering department has a great core of employees.
Very productive and exciting place to work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Vernon, LASeptember 16, 2013
I was a summer intern for 3 years at this job. I would usually work from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. I learned how to code invoices, distribute and file oil well logs, analyze and re-edit oil well documentation and other clergical duties. Management was great. He would always check on us and make sure everything was going well. My co-workers were awesome and friendly. The really wasn't a hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work, doing my duties and communicating with others.
Pros
hour lunch breaks, networking

2.8