Execu|Search Employee Reviews

Shattered dreams
LMSW (Current Employee) –  New YorkJune 14, 2014
Execu Search found me employment at the Emergency Room at Montefiore. This was my dream job. I started to develop working relationships in all of the departments. I thank God for this opportunity each day. I received a call during my days off “not to return” on Monday. I found out that I was a federal criminal in South Carolina in 2002. In 2002, I was mid through my graduate studies in Fordham University. Montefiore did not want to hear it and Execu Search did not advocate for me. Execu Search uses primitive ways of searching your criminal background. I found on my Own a new job where they took my finger prints and used state of the art criminal background check which came out clean. I received a letter from the South Carolina county clerk stating that the person with my name did not match my social security number or date of birth and never lived in New York. Execu Search never contact me to apologize or offer me a makeup job. Thank God I found on my own a new job which pays more.
Pros
car sales person/politicians
Cons
gamble
Mental Health Counselor job
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Execu Search for the most part. I was hired quickly and my supervisor worked hard to get things started for me. I found out later that I was offered a significantly lower rate than another employee with the same experience, so I'm frustrated about that and wished I had counter-offered. Nevertheless, I had a lot of independence on the job, which I greatly appreciated. When I asked for help, they did their best. On the flip side of the independence I get, they offer very very little support. They don't seem concerned about quality of service - they don't offer training on how to use SESIS, or any supervision.
Pros
You have a lot of independence, no paperwork beyond session notes, responsive to calls and emails
Cons
Little support, no resources provided to do the job, no training to use necessary equipment, overly hands off, LOW pay
Very Professional
RN (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 3, 2016
I have had the wonderful experience of working with Execu-Search on a per diem RN position.

I found the position to be wonderful. A great work environment, competent/skilled coworkers. I was assigned to a company for a contract position. In that time, the company provided very proficient training, and utilized a wonderful management team.

My typical day consisted of 8 hrs, 5 days a week. I learned valuable skills in understanding the HEDIS project. And the most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers and managment team I worked directly with on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job was nothing to do with the job directly. It was with the commute. I traveled a minimum of 1.25 hours a day commuting one way, (with traffic on I-84...1 1/2 hours). But, I understood that commute when I commited to the position.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Don't have any
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2012
I recently joined The Execu-Search Group after a number of years in the Staffing Industry, and I have to say it was truly an excellent decision. When I first started my new colleagues were warm, welcoming, and always willing to help, and my team is phenomenal.

At times this can be a very challenging business, but when you have some of New York City's best recruiters in house, approachable managers with a wealth of knowledge and industry expertise, and a proven system that works, it makes overcoming those challenges a piece of cake.

We have a terrific company culture based off of mutual trust and respect, hard work, and nobody at TESG takes themselves too seriously, so it is easy to open up to your peers.

I am so happy I decided to take the next step in my career with The Execu-Search Group, and I look forward to what's to come.

Comment – May 24, 2012

Interesting that all of these glowing reviews by staff were all posted in the same day or two...

Worked as a temp, decent company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 24, 2012
I worked for this company as a temp for a short time. I never had any problems with payroll or reaching my agent, etc. They placed me very quickly in my field.
The only negative I can say is that other temps were working at the company I was at through different agencies and they all seemed to get paid significantly more than I was for the same position. However, they also seemed to have a lot more problems with payroll, etc, at their agencies. So I guess it's a trade-off.
The agent was honest and didn't promise me the world (like people at other agencies have done). I knew what was expected of me and what to expect from the company I worked at.
I would work for them again if I ever needed temporary employment.
Pros
honest, paid on time, quick placement, available when needed
Cons
pay, temporary
Great opportunity for growth and advancement
Account Executive - Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2012
I have been an employee of The Execu|Search Group for many years, and have seen the company grow exponentially through financially secure times as well as recession. Our business continues to grow, and I am happy to be a part of such an exciting time in The Execu|Search Group history. For employees that are motivated and passionate about their work, the sky is the limit with both room for advancement professionally as well as annual income increases. Execu|Search is committed to the development of new staff as well as rewarding staff for a job well done. If you are motivated and driven to achieve, this is the place for you.
Pros
growing business, room for advancement, great salary
SCAM artists. Execu|Search posts fake job postings.
Client (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2013
I'm writing this review as a former client to warn all potential future clients to be weary of Execu|Search. I write this for the following reasons:

1.) PUMP - Execu|Search and its employees post fake job postings that are either entirely fictitious or severely out of date in order to collect as many resumes as possible to fill their resume quota. The agents promise to revert...

and

2.) DUMP - ...they never respond

3.) LAX - Execu|Search and its agents apply for positions on your behalf without your consent. I found this out 3 months after when a friend of mine informed me that she received my resume for an application that I never consented to.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
unscrupulous
Helpful and supportive staff
Assist teachers (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
This is a temp company. They are very helpful and informative. I work at KIPP Infinity Elementary and I love it. I am a para professional and I truly enjoy it. It is challenging working in the special education field. I have great co-workers and they are very supportive of everyone. I love KIPP Day, it's staff development day. You learn strategies to enhance the students skills for coping with school and life as well as behavior issues. The hardest thing about the job is not being able to help or feeling like you cant help. I love working there and i hope to find another environment like it.
Pros
support team
Cons
short lunch breaks
A company that has taken care of me
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2012
I have had an excellent experience being employed by this company, both in-house, and on temp assignments for various clients.

Within the span of a year, I have had many opportunities for advancement and increased responsibility.

Friendly, open environment. Communications with management are direct and transparent (no games). No pressure to take on undesired tasks or roles.

Work-life balance is ideal.

Part-time employees can qualify for benefits!
Pros
flexibility, benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons
sometimes it's a noisy office
the recruiters try hard to find you a job
Registered Nurse, Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 9, 2015
If you dont have experience its hard to find a good job site that pays well. They pay is not good they pay you $25 p/h to work with children at ACS. If you are working with children and have experience working with them you should be able to get paid more in my opinion. If you want to get better paying jobs with execu search you need have experience in a hospital or have enough experience in other nursing fields to land you a job in hospital through execu search.
Pros
weekly pay on Wednesdays
Cons
Wont let you work over time. And the pay sucks
Excellent work environment
Temporary Auditor at Emblem Health (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2013
*A typical day started out by responding to multiple emails, delegating specfic audits to there designated department and review all medical and hospital claims to ensure accuracy.
*What I've learned is being able to manage my time and prioritize.
*I could not have asked for better co-workers.
*The hardest part was having to leave- (honestly speaking).
*Working with all those great people and building great working relationships.
Pros
alot of healthy people, pot luck lunches, too many to list.
Cons
none.
Unprofessional and they do not look out for their employees
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Allendale, NJJanuary 19, 2016
I left an assignment to go work for an Assignment offered by Execusearch because they promised permanent after a couple of months. After 3 weeks I was called on a Friday night by their top recruiter that I was not to go back on Monday because the company needed someone with more experience! I was denied unemployment and was left without a job!! Execusearch did nothing to help me!! Horrible they do not care about their employees YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Great place to work. Fun, young environment. Hires super smart, outgoing people.
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York CityFebruary 24, 2012
Execu|Search is a great place to work. Compensation is correlated with how hard an employee works. The environment is incredibly fast paced, entrepreneurial and fun.
People work hard here, but have the potential to make a really good living. Management is generally very supportive and incredibly knowledgeable of the industry.
Pros
compensation is related to hard work, fun environment, super smart people. great work location.
Cons
you have to work hard.
excellent company to worok for
Para Professional (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2015
execu search is indeed an excellent agency to work for but the recruiters do not follow up with employees accordingly. you have to constantly remain in contact with them to find new positions. for instance im employed with them now and im currently waiting on a position now since august of this year. thats the only con other than that you can get placed at an excellent company if your lucky enough for a long period of time.
Pros
weekly pay on time, benefits
Cons
communication/following up
Look out it in Hartford
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford,CTApril 2, 2015
I was scheduled an interview in their Hartford office. When I arrived the person to interview told me there was a proposal he needed to tend to that was more more important than sitting with me. The interview took place in an office with almost no furniture and only 2 "employees" who then rode the elevator down 21 floors with me and literally ran down the sidewalk into the city while I was standing on the sidewalk out front the building.
Pros
Possibly a con scam to aquire your personal info
Fantastic company
Director (Current Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 24, 2012
I cannot say enough good things about this company- this is a great organization run with integrity and passion. The work environment is fun and energetic and a lot of training is invested in employees to ensure success. The sky is the limit in terms of growth here, you get what you invest into it, and there are a ton of resources to make sure everyone can reach their potential
Pros
great leadership, huge income potential, supportive work environment
Great place to grow
Director (Current Employee) –  ManhattanApril 9, 2012
I interviewed with multiple recruitment companies before I chose TESG, and I felt that they had the most comprehensive training program and the most professional environment.

The growth opportunity is great and the leadership team delegates responsibility to the hardest workers. There is no seniority, anybody and everybody that joins has the opportunity to grow.
Pros
energetic environment, dedicated staff, high income potential
Extremely fun culture, great opportunity for advancement!
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2012
A typical day at work goes by quickly and keeps you on your toes! Great learning environment, everyone wants to see you do well and succeed! Management is consistent with reviews and constructive feedback to help you constantly improve. You must work hard and put the hours in, but will definitely get out what you put in!
Pros
great, young culture!
Cons
tough work/life balance at first
Great place for working moms and everyone else!
Director (Current Employee) –  Parsippany NJApril 25, 2012
I love everyone I work with, we have a lot of fun while making money and being productive. I feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of each day. We are highly compensated and always appreciated. They really go out of their way here to accommodate working mother's and their schedules.
Pros
flex schedules for working moms, high compensation, fun environment
Cons
policies could be more structured
Hard work pays off
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2012
This is a 24/7 job, with long hours and stressful situations. Overtime, weekends, multitasking, and working hard are "musts," however, at the end of the day, I love seeing my candidates happy. It's beyond rewarding to help my candidates get jobs, where they're compensated well and growing as individuals.
Pros
helping people, seeing results, continuous motivation to succeed
Cons
long hours, hectic days, working overtime