- Drive and maximize district sales to achieve goals.
- Control and minimize shrink to meet company expectations.
- Plan and control payroll within budget.
- Support corporate initiatives with a focus on goal attainment
and expense control.
- Maximize business opportunities and formulate strategies for
success and goal achievement.
- Fosters a positive work environment that encourages
feedback and innovation.
- Continual coaching and training to develop associate’s
to their maximum potential.
- Create teams and partnerships through weekly team
conference calls and quarterly District Meetings. Encourage
the sharing of best practices and development of innovative
solutions to challenges.
- Conducts store visits, spending one full day in every
responsible store at least once per month. Geographically
outlaying stores may be seen once every other month, but no
less. Visits shall be focused on employee development, sales
training, store operations and visual standards. Results of
store visit will be reviewed with Store Management Team and
Regional Manager and/or Director of Stores.
- Communicate with store personnel in a manner designed
to educate, inspire, motivate and direct appropriate
- Demonstrate and teach exceptional customer service.
- Provide associates the tools necessary to ensure customer
satisfaction through training and development.
- Provide positive resolutions to challenges and complaints
from customers, partnering with Human Resources, Regional
Manager or Director of Stores where necessary.
- Make recommendations to Store Operations on service
Foster operational excellence:
- Supervise stores to ensure Company standards for visual
presentation, signage, cleanliness and organization are
- Develop partnerships with Mall Center management to
pursue and generate marketing opportunities for the
- Supervise stores to achieve accuracy in executing markdowns,
shipping, receiving, and cash control.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate programs including
store supplies, maintenance and daily operating procedures.
- Ensure stores follow all safety standards to safeguard
the working and shopping environment.
- Supervise Store Managers through planning, assigning,
and directing their overall functions.
- Recruit, develop, and train qualified associates to
ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Coach, confront, and counsel associates to improve
- Assess subordinates on positive performance and deliver
formal performance evaluations annually (or as needed).
- Administer the progressive steps of discipline to
include verbal and written warnings. In addition, the DM
carries out employment terminations following approval from
- Interact regularly with all levels of store staff to
gain insight on store morale and to gain suggestions from
the store level on operational efficiencies and customer