Executive Health Resources Employer Reviews

Was at one time a great company, then UHG came into the picture
Nurse Letter Coordinator (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PADecember 2, 2014
Pros: remote work from home
Cons: management, benefits, pto, and united health group
The company was great to work for with the founder at the helm.

Once UHG bought him out, it all went down hill. Benefits were worse than awful, especially being a health insurer owned the company. But that is UHGs moniker. They care little about thier insured and less about their employees.

Massive layoffs due to Medicare changes and the ACA. Also expected, but corporate kept saying "you have nothing to worry about".
Freedom with caveats
Intake Nurse (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PANovember 18, 2014
Pros: work from home; varying schedules
Cons: reduced benefits; no advance planning for major changes to the job
Working at EHR had aspects that I liked as well as disliked. The fact that I was able to remotely work from home was a significant plus to working for the company. However, no guidance for job performance improvement and the lack of equally applied requirements of performance made it difficult to improve upon one's job performance. Once the company was sold, changes to health benefits and vacation/PTO days, and expected changes to salary and bonuses rendered the job less appealing. Knowledge of forthcoming changes to national Medicare inpatient requirements were neither accommodated in how we did our jobs nor were contingency plans made to deal with any reduction in business other than mass layoffs.
Good starter company, but not much room for growth.
Database Support Administrator (Former Employee), Newtown Square PAOctober 1, 2014
At Executive Health Resources I tested our systems every morning, worked with developers to identify bugs, aided supporting new software updates, maintained integrity in the database, and worked on improving reporting processes.
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAAugust 18, 2014
Great place to work.

Easy to get along with supervisors, great place to learn and grow.
great schedule for my family
Nurse Letter Coordinator (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAAugust 4, 2014
I worked from home. This was an ideal job for my family and me. I had a scheduled shift working from home.
Mediocre employer... recent lay-offs...no room for advancement
Appeals Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: able to work remote and schedule is liberal
Cons: no room for advancement, bad management
Liberal employer but a bit too liberal in the management selections... supervisors are chosen based on how long they've been at the company and who's butt they've kissed... not really the way a person in leadership should be chosen. We had 3 sets of lay-offs over the past year and job security is far away...
Loved this position
Retro Government Appeals Nurse (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, remote position
Cons: laid off- job security
Loved the Appeals Department. Great position, Great Benefits, Great team.
Great teammates, awesome work/life balance
APPEALS MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAJune 30, 2014
Pros: work at home, nice teammates, good management
Cons: no raises, limited advancement
A typical day at work starts in your own home. Many of their operations are remote sited into people's own home offices, so it's really nice not to have to go into work if it is not necessary. It becomes part of one's compensation if they aren't having to spend money on gas or repairs trying to get to work. Management is really nice and willing to help. The hardest part of the job is advancement, there is limited opportunity working up the ranks. Pay was not the best and no raises, but everyone is entitled to performance bonuses every quarter, and when OT was available it more than made up for subpar pay.
Great company when I first started and 2 years later layoffs began.
Operations (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, work from home option
Cons: mismanagement, no job security
Executive Health Resources was a great company to work for in the beginning, they provided 2nd level physican reviews for hospitals before they bill the insurance. When I first started, there was room for advancement and moving between departments to get more experience as a whole. There were quarterly bonuses and the company would provide lunch or breakfast every Wednesday.

As soon as they merged with United Health Group things began to change and when Obamacare passed hospitals were no longer sending us cases to process. We were told they expected this and the company would be fine, a week later the layoffs began. While I understand that at times layoffs are necessary I felt they went about it in a very cold way, you get a phone number different from your co workers and a certain time to call and that would tell you if you were laid off or safe. So far there have been 5 layoffs. They are trying to make some positive changes in how they run the company but I'm not confident on where their future lies.
Fun place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAJune 13, 2014
Fun place to work, not much advancement but good first job. Basic 40 hour week.
Great Medicare expereince
Appeals Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAApril 22, 2014
I value the opportunity I had to work here. This company taught me how to navigate the Medicare system as it related to recovery audit companies.
Easy going workplace.
Appeals Management Coordinator; CCS (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: work remote
Cons: boring
Ability to work remote, as a privledge.
Intense eye for detail needed.
Co-workers are very friendly.
Pay is mediocre.
Can be extremely boring, there is not much creativity.
Was a fun place to work, enjoyed interaction with customers all over the country.
Intake RN (Former Employee), Newtown Square PAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: worked remotely from home.
Cons: number of cases declined
EHR was a great place to work, unfortunately the company experienced a downward spiral in the number of cases to review, and after major changes to medicare compliance guidelines, had a major reduction in workforce.
Great place to work for entry level college student.
Appeals Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Newtown, PAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: no salary raises
The best part of this job is after a trial period of working in office you are allowed to work from home. Management and staff are very friendly. Job can be very repetitive. If you like having a variety of task on a daily basis. This job is not for you.
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAFebruary 14, 2014
It is your typical data entry type job. The employees and management were all very friendly and eager to help. There was not pressure but they did push you to succeed. Very good place to work
wonderful group of people
Nurse Letter Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: working from home and not seeing my coworkers as often as i would have liked
I loved this job but due to low work flow, I was laid off. Working with the physicians and fellow nurses, as well as my wonderful manager, made going to work everyday a blessing. I worked remotely from my home with frequent trips to Pennsylvania for conferences and always looked forward to getting together with everyone, although a sad day for my department when we were let go, I feel these people will always hold a special place in my heart, both as great workers and as good friends.
Good Company Sadly Gone Bad
Administrative Assistant / Reports Specialist (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: relaxed dress code, ability to work from home
Cons: micro managers, not much ability to grow
When I started working for Executive Health Resources three and a half years ago it was a dream job. I looked forward to going to the office every day. The culture was warm and friendly and it was an enjoyable place to work. The compensation and benefits were very good and the quarterly bonuses were wonderful. I always felt appreciated. The company was sold to United Health Care a little over a year ago and it has been down hill ever since. The culture of the company quickly changed to a cold sad place. People stayed locked in their offices, no one laughed or even talked with each other any more. Micro managing was the norm, teamwork was replaced with an attitude of "We will tell you what to do and we are not asking for feedback". There was an overhanging cloud of doom within the whole building. When the new medicare laws took effect on Oct 1 2013 the company lost much of its business. By the end of November 300 people, including myself, lost their jobs. I have never seen a company turn from healthy and good to sick in such a short period of time. It is a very sad affair.
Executive Health Resources
Physician Advisor Trainer (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PANovember 29, 2013
Pros: working from home and the commute to the kitchen
Cons: not knowing when you might get off
A typical day would be signing on early to pick up emails and instructions along with my training group of physicians for the day, overseeing their second level case review and process, and ensuring their recommendation was accurate based on published guidelines and clinical best practice. I learned to manage time on my own working at home and to be flexible as company needs arose. Management was wonderful and accomodating. My fellow trainers were family. The hardest part of the job was putting in long hard hours to a aide the training physicians as they strove to get their required productivity. The most enjoyable part was watching the physicians succeed and move on in the company to Operations.
Incredible group of medical professionals
Manager of Client Services (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PANovember 23, 2013
Pros: you can work remotely
Cons: the work volume has decreased dramatically with medicare changes
In the morning I organize and prepare for any client meetings after logging onto 11 to 12 programs necessary for the work flow. I take case calls, client calls, review reports, physician questions, coworker questions, review cases, physician value statements and abstract case information and put it in the final letter format.

My role included reviewing the physician’s statements, comparing it to the case information and sometimes questioning the reasoning or decision. Some physicians were more open to frank discussion than others. Some physicians talked down to me during the discussion and the challenge was not to respond to that but stay on task with the discussion, calmly and compassionately.

I've learned so much in the last 5 years from the thousands of cases and their complications, co-morbid conditions and new treatments. We have a research department that does meta-analysis of frequent diagnoses and sends out regular mini courses. We research information to process to cases. I enjoy learning and believe it's an essential part of job satisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been the wonderful group of people on my cardiac team. They are physicians and nurses with such a wealth of knowledge and experience. Everyone is willing to share that, teach what they know, help new people on the team and case managers or physicians from client hospitals. The two physician Team Leaders have been phenomenal and supportive of the entire team and critical to the professional development of each individual member. They are always available as resources.
Runnnnn!
Regulatory Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PANovember 12, 2013
Process time task cases, crazy policies and the benefits are horrible