Executive Security Systems

Executive Security Systems Employer Reviews

Sometimes A Chance
Patrol Driver (Former Employee), Austin,TexasOctober 26, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, paid monthly meetings, working issued equipment
Cons: lack of hr structure, co-workers who live to complain.
I have worked with over 60 officers, before moving here and would have to say that there is a little bit better level of competency for employees here than most other places.

There is time to communicate and exchange information.
Some employees here are working 2 jobs, and do this for extra income, so the job really doesn't mean much.
A few a long-time, or re-hires after taking a 4-5 year break from the field.
You'll get a chance to work OT due to the high attrition rate, so take advantage of it when it's possible.

The standing guards have less desire to do better work, evident by poor Reports and usual bad or ignorant attitudes.
Training is available, but most of the patrol officers prefer to stay Level II because wearing Commissioned Gear is ''too heavy'' for them.
The sites for most of the routes are easy to access, and don't have long travel times, but a couple of routes could use some manipulation, since they can cut into your scheduled breaks.
These are 12 hours shifts, which means you'll be driving for 7-8 hours per shift, so you will get to know your area better, but this also includes fighting traffic during peak hours, on weekends, and when the weather is bad (rain, sleet).
Most of the vehicles are air conditioned, which is great, but there are usually one or two that don't have this benefit, so wearing Body Armor or an undershirt can become uncomfortable.
Routine checks are daily for your vehicle, and don't always count on your co-driver to change that flat tire or refill one that just has low air (since it's their 'day off). Pens will disappear if you leave them – more... in there, and you'll ALWAYS have to let someone borrow your issued Phone Charger, since someone will ALWAYS forget theirs (so carry a spare).
You don't get bi-yearly reviews, but (very) small raises for learning New Routes, but this means you getting called on your day off is more likely. If you don't come in, you'll get 'black listed' for 6+ months, before you get any chances for OT.
If your co-driver takes smokes breaks, their hands often stain the wheel (through sweat) with nicotine, so clean your wheel off before driving or at least buy a wheel cover.
Uniforms are more professional than most, but the pants leave something to be desired. Most are ''okay'' with polyester, but it heats quickly, and non-tinted windows make it worse.
You can't carry a Taser or Plasti-Cuffs, but anything else is fine, if legal within Texas.
It's an okay job, but there are rashes of employees who like to set bad examples, and cause trouble within, so it's best to have a good record and apply with another company or find ways to get past a lot of the negativity that you will encounter.
Schedulers with Standing can get your Extra Hours, but don't expect the sites to not have their share of problems.
I had on officer relieve me (WITHOUT NOTICE), who had his gear along the stomach line :
{Their right ---> Left) Baton, handcuffs, O/C & radio, firearm.
Looked ridiculous, probably going to lead to back problems, and NOTHING on the back side, it was a complete joke.
I'd give it a 7/10, which is better than 90% of security companies who just use you to collect $$ and don't care about make sure you are paid good or at least have the opportunity for advancement. – less
Fun and stable
Receptionist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 20, 2014
This is a fun and stable place to work. There is always a lot going on, but the management is awesome. They do everything they can for their employees.
Great place, great people
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 17, 2014
This is a great company for advancement. I started out as a Security Officer just like everybody else. Only 2 months later, I was quickly noticed and promoted into Dispatch. While working in dispatch for a year and a half, a position opened up for a Patrol Field Captain, which I gladly accepted. After 2 years of working as a Field Captain, I was then promoted to Operations Coordinator where I made the schedules for 175 officers at our branch. Most recently, I was promoted to Operations Manager. We have a great management staff that is willing to assist any of our officers with any problems or concerns they may have. We provide training, licensing, uniforms, direct deposit, and opportunity for advancement.
The office needs warm bodies to put on posts.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: overtime available
Cons: everything else
Undoubtedly the worst security company I have EVER worked for. They have six hours of "training". They don't pay for your license, it comes out of your check. They also charge for uniforms up front and don't pay for tailoring or cleaning. Instead of offering insurance, they will gladly inform you that they aren't required to comply with the affordable health care act until 2015. No worries though, because at $10/hr you make enough to qualify for Medicaid and CHIP (if you have children). Once you are at a post, the company will require you to go to the office biweekly to pick up your checks, as direct deposit is NOT AN OPTION.
Great for a first timer
Commissioned Security Officer/patrol (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 16, 2013
Pros: challenging
Cons: pay
This is a great position to start as a security/patrol officer.
Nothing extra
Security Guard (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: do not need a lot of supervision, all in all it is an ok job
Cons: ignores compliants concerning the truck
Very quiet, since it is a night post. My patrol vehicle, although they tried to keep up with maintenance, is very filthy. My co-workers are great. The hardest part of my job is dodging pest in the truck. I don't have any problems on my post. Most trespassers when asked to leave, does it without incident.
Friendly management. Not much training.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: the option to work overtime.
Cons: not much training, so far....
It's too soon to give a thorough review. The company appears to have plenty of clients and acquiring new ones.
Postive work enviroment with an excellent staff
Security Guard (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, clean work enviroment
Cons: no breaks, long work hours
Executive security is a great security company. They help pay for commission card so you can be armed on duty. They take pride and they take care of all of their employees.

About Executive Security Systems

Executive Security Systems is the company that combines human contact with innovation! Our mission is simple – Be Smart, – Read more