Job Title: Inventory Manager
Job Category: Logistics Operations Management
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Relocation: No – Local Candidates only
Compensation Target base compensation of $40,000 with competitive benefits
Travel Requirement: 10%
Work City: Boston or New York
Company Overview: An industry leader in 3PL and supply chain innovation, Exegistics delivers value-added solutions that exceed the expectations of our customers. As a logistics innovator, the company's expertise includes: Warehousing & Distribution, Value add resourcing, Packaging and Lead Logistics Management Solutions. Headquartered near Chicago, Exegistics is a privately-held company with locations throughout the United States. With solutions tailored to meet each client's complex and specific supply chain needs, Exegistics serves customers ranging from Fortune 50 companies to mid-sized organizations, in industries as diverse as consumer products, industrial parts, transportation, medical supplies and devices, and aerospace & defense.
Driven by a innovation-based philosophy and an entrepreneurial spirit, the company strives for operational excellence by collaborating with customers to improve cash flow, reduce costs and increase speed to market.
Position Description: This position will manage all the inventory control and fulfillment operations for our Fortune 100 Client satellite location. Duties include inventory control, quality, and all local warehouse processes (receiving, put-away, materials management, space utilization, order processing, etc). The Supervisor/Team Lead is accountable for the safe, efficient and economical operation of the facility and equipment. The Supervisor/Team Lead is the primary point of contact with our customer. This person will need to analyze, develop, implement, improve, and audit all procedures, processes policies, and work instructions.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage all operations functions within the client satellite operations location.
- Performs daily picking, packing, shipping operational functions.
- Manage all aspects of inventory control (quality, cycle counting, physical inventories, etc)
- Maintain physical security and safety for operations location.
- Identify opportunities and develop/implement plans for performance improvement
- Ensure all performance goals and objectives are achieved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Build strong relationships with the customer.
- Responsible for implementing a safety culture; develop/implement safe work policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations and company policies.
Requirements: * Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Must have demonstrated warehouse and inventory management experience with a continuous improvement track record - Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement
- Demonstrated inventory control experience
- Strong Leadership, Communication and Organizational Skills are required
- 5-8 years related experience: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with warehouse and transportation related safety regulations.
- Demonstrated inventory control/management experience
- Demonstrated client relationship experience
- Perform additional duties as directed.
Additional Requirements: * Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Packaging, Kitting, Materials Planning experience a plus
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc. preferred)
- General computer and math / analytical skills & abilities.