Exel Employee Reviews

Decent temporary job
Mod Operator (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYOctober 27, 2016
Not made for a career long profession. 60% turn over rate. In the year I was there iv never seen so many people come and go. Management claims it's because people don't want to work. It is actually because the management is poor and the point system is a joke. Points are there to use but your punished when you use them. Alot of people lose their jobs because of family issues and sickness. If your doctor gives you a note you may get a week off if not they charge you a point per day taken off. Good start to warehouse work Tho. Very easy job if you can tolerate the high school atmosphere.
Pros
Easy work, decent pay, decent benifits
Cons
Poor management, poor teamwork, no benifits for training
Active outside job but low pay and uncertain future
Switcher (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 28, 2016
I came off the road after 10 years looking for a local job that included daily activity. Was able to lose 30 pounds in less than 2 years as a switcher. I enjoy the physical activity but the unknowing of contract extensions and a looming 4 month layoff has me wondering if I could do better. The pay raises are minimal - .25 per year. Currently making 15.75 hour with an average week being 50 hours. Overall I like the job and all the supervisors that I work with but the pay and the job uncertainty could make me leave if given a better option.
Pros
Physical daily activity, the people and close proximity to home
Cons
Sub par pay and job uncertainty
Over work employees.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PADecember 2, 2016
Excel prides themselves in customer satisfaction at the same time they over work their employees with little regard of the employees well being or health. ie: mandatory 10 hour shifts 7 days per week for three months straight. The company often extends probation time on good employees to 1) give them hope of a permanent hire, 2) prevent them from getting insurance and other benefits. Everything is piece rate and just when you think you've reached it, they raise it.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Stressful environment.
Management needs a overhaul
Lead (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 29, 2016
typical warehouse management needs an overhaul. long days learn as you go depends on who management likes the hardest part of the job is going in wondering what is gonna be changed today everyday is something new that benefits no one and does not help get the job don. I enjoyed working for the people we had at one time but by the time I left I was glad to be going
Pros
hourly pay, benefits
Cons
management needs to be changed in all areas, family life is not a top prority for Exel
Great job with good benefits. Competitive pay. Too much overtime at times
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield MissouriNovember 28, 2016
I worked here for a year and had to leave the company new to returning to school. Great benefits provided after 90 days. Good bonuses for productivity and room for advancement. There is a lot of overtime in this job which took away from home life at times. But overall was a great job.
Frustrating environment.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 15, 2016
The pay is very good. A typical work day is 9-10hrs. Interdisciplinary functions are fragmented and require a lot of communication to compensate for poor work flow. Management seem to be aware of the problem, but after several years has made little to no progress in improving efficiency. There is a poor retention rate despite the high pay scale. Morale in the office area is sub-par. Hardest part of a daily routine is the huge amount of time trying to get everyone on the same page and to think independently. They do not seem to be good at utilizing people (and their particular skills) to full potential.
Pros
Great pay, many nice people to work with. Dock clerk can be promoted to team leader in a year!
Cons
Very poorly organized, not focused, not efficient, praises people who forego family for work, expects "casual" overtime on a regular basis, does not make efficient use of resources, poor leadership. Owned by offshore company.
Payroll will suck the life out of you
Payroll/Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 22, 2016
The payroll department had over 50% turnover in a year. That should tell you something. Management consists of people who have their payroll certifications, however, have never done payroll. In addition, raises are generally less than COLA, however, new job titles are created so that management can continue moving up.
Awful
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Meshoppen, PADecember 19, 2016
They treat there employees like they are property. They make you work 6 days 12 hours one minute and the next there freaking out on you telling you that vacation is a privilege that can be taken away. You constantly do for them, and get nothing much in return, you max out at 15 dollars an hour while they get bonus after bonus from your work that you do. Constantly do not have work to be done, but make you stay 12 hours on a 10 hour day just so they can get another bonus, the place is a joke they treat you like garbage. Also they play favorites so if your gonna work here make sure you bring your kissing lips.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Management is awful they dont care about anyone but them.
Poorly Managed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSDecember 21, 2016
Drivers never received continued education. Communication with drivers was pretty much non-existant unless there was an incident. Trailers were poorly maintained and safety was not overseen in the yard. Favoritism was evident.
Within warehouse, upper management was seldom visible. Forklift operators were non-compliant to normal safety regulations and seldom counseled for violations.

Due to poor management, Exel lost its contract with Nissan.
Pros
Warehouse workers (inside) were provided opportunities to win prizes.
Cons
Employees took short cuts and were not safety conscious.
Warehouse
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 3, 2016
5am start shift. wonderful coworkers and management. excellent benefit. uniforms and great salary. Fork lift operator and make orders for Home Depot stores
Pros
Benefits, Flexible shifts, salary
Cons
weekends a must
The people were the best part.
Semiconductor sector Receiving Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2016
The job sucked. Pay sucked. Benefits were awesome. The management were bullish snobs that refused to help any one. Promotions were nonexistent unless you were a brown noser.
Pros
Nothing, Job was horrible.
Cons
EVERYTHING
No concern for an employee's life outside of the job.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, LADecember 7, 2016
Exel rarely promotes from within, they would rather hire someone with no experience but at least one year of college, before promoting an experienced, long time employee. Exel uses a point system. You lose a point for calling off on your shift. You will be terminated when points run out (8 total), even with a doctor's excuse. Long 12 hour shifts and you are mandated to work overtime, often.
Pros
Warehouse experience.
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, low pay, extremely hard to get promoted.
Stepping stone
Administrative Assistant/Path (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 17, 2016
Great for someone that is just starting their career, but there isn't a lot of room for advancement for certain roles such as CSR's or forklift operators. You rarely get offered a better position as the company is top heavy. They offer good hours and typically Monday through Friday.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Decent job for time being
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Easy job driving forklift loading/unloading trailers, moving/organizing pallets around the warehouse, etc. They'll train you even if you have no previous forklift or heavy machinery experience. The pay is decent for this area. Around the holidays and other random parts of the year there is A LOT of mandatory overtime, making work/life balance tough. Also they only hire for night shift at the Tunkhannock, PA location. A lot of management is very young fresh out of college with not a lot or no experience in logistics, but from what I've seen they do a good job of listening to and helping employees when they can. If you're a good worker and polite they'll have no problem with promotions or moving you up to different positions. Coworkers and management are friendly and will help in any way possible.
Pros
Pay, weekly check, benefits, monthly bonuses if your scores are good, holiday dinners, friendly coworkers and managers
Cons
Night shift very very hard to get on dayshift, mandatory overtime, dirty/dusty enviorment
Great establishment to work sanz the work politics
Bulk Group Coordinator/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2016
I think it was a great place to work, if you could get around the work politics. It was that more enjoyable if that was a possibility. management wasn't the best, they definitely needed improvement.
Ok place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OHOctober 6, 2016
I learned a lot from being at Exel. I wish I was still there sometimes. They just need to pay better. The way their advancement process is set up. It's designed for management to look good.
Exel is nice to work at although their salary isn't competitive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 20, 2016
I like my job. I've been with Exel for almost 17 years. Currently looking for some part time work, as my position doesn't offer any overtime. I get along with the management team & co-workers. I like keeping busy. My job responsibilities fluctuate as I don't have a set task each day per say. I have organizational skills due to the nature of my responsibilities. Hardest part of my job would be when the system goes down and you're trying to get work completed in a certain time span. Most enjoyable, is the fact that even though I work in the office, if needed I can go in the warehouse to assist.
This was a good college job and nothing more
Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 17, 2016
Very depressing place to work with awful management. There is no room to grow and promotions are based on who the bosses drinking friends are. Stay away!
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Too many to list
Excellent Company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 28, 2016
My time here was very challenging and consistent. Management and co-workers were all team players. The company is great for career advancement and traveling.
Good pay and benefits. No support from upper management.
FTZ Manager (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLMay 24, 2016
Solid company with good pay and benefits. Upper management do not believe in job work/life balance, long hours. Middle management did not receive any support from upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exel. Our community is ready to answer.