Exel Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Material Handler - Warehousing/Production (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed the face pace environment, there was never any distractions or much interaction with other employees to get off track from work. I would work there again if the opportunity arose.
great people, bad for a family man
Merge Operator / Fluid Inductor (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 8, 2017
good money, good workplace, ok management for a warehouse.
fast paced and demanding but pays for it. can come to alot of mandatory OT that leads to more expected of you physically.
Pros
good starting wage
Cons
no holidays
Awful
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 8, 2017
This warehousing company was very stressful for me. Staff member were bullies at times and didn't not know the meaning of teamwork. I often had to attend the job myself Because other staff did not do it correctly nor did they help with the tasks at hand.
great management
Wave Clerk (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 8, 2017
Operations ran well. There seems to be a lot of turn over though, but that is not surprising do to the volume and the amount of temps brought in. Good management.
Long hours, low pay, picky, unorganized
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNNovember 2, 2017
Very simple job, but lasted very long hours through the week with very low pay. Trailers are unloaded and organized to be held on the floor. Outbound takes what's on the floor and load trailers to be sent out. Riddled with inexperienced drivers that cause too much value loss in the company.
ExelCulture
Senior Director of Operations, Automotive (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 31, 2017
Some divisions are more reputable than others. The people are hard workers and good to be around. The bonus programs are not very flexible. I'm glad that I got out.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Some unethical managers
Exel
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 28, 2017
Overall i don't really recommend Exel to a friend why because very poor communication management, working very long hours and they don't pay enough for their job they are asking for!
Pros
long work hours
Cons
long long long work hours
fast paced
Brokerage Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2017
Was just an intern at the company. Were not treated very well. Our team was often ignored by management and did not learn as much about brokerage as promised
Pros
Free luncjes
Cons
Pay
Very productive place to work all employees enjoyed the environment.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 25, 2017
The hours for this company were very good. The management had all employees in their best interest. They provided before shift ergo exercises to prepare for the shift. The company offered great benefits and held company dinners honoring employees . This was a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches to associates for their continued service.
Cons
This was only a temporary job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAOctober 25, 2017
Small office environment with a balanced pace and friendly people. No real stress involved. Flexible schedule. I didn't like the fact that this was supposed to go from temp part time to full time and it never did.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Never went to full time.
good but bad
Material Handler and Scanner (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PA 18031October 21, 2017
Exel was good to work at but so unorganized when it came to .... well everything. they had their system worked out as how everyone was suppose to do their job but when it came to the numbers they wanted you to done per shift, or what you did no one had a clue . left because i cant work for a place that has no idea what they want out of their employees
Pros
new facility, friendly coworkers
Cons
not organized at all
loved the job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TX 77523October 17, 2017
This was a great place to work at. I would still be working there if i did have to relocate. Pay was good and crew was great. Really enjoyed this job.
Productive and safe
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXOctober 16, 2017
Great place to work there is now a brand new building for operttions so I'm sure it much better since i been gone. its a company that distrutions on lego toys all over the world.
Pros
free lunches great hoilday partys
Cons
short breaks
Overworked and Underpaid
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 16, 2017
If you can make it here you can make it anywhere. We work long hours at a fast pace. Most nights we are short associates and have to make do with what we have. The associates are working six to seven days weekly.
Life changing position
Group Coordinator Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2017
I entered Exel as a former business owner of a construction company and found a whole new and exciting world.
I moved from department to department learning all the process soon I was training other associates.
We built an environment of respect and trust creating a workforce unstoppable.
Pros
great management
Cons
losing seasonal associates
Great
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 9, 2017
It was all right position but I need more would recommend anyone to work there's a great place to work please enjoy it and I want everybody to know it's a great place
Exel took over and Cut wages in a time when Jobs were short
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNOctober 4, 2017
Good insurance and reasonable retirement match. Management takes to much time filling positions that are vacant. Forklift drivers are not paid a wage that will compete with other factories and warehouses in the area and this causes a constant turn over and training.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Cheap. Take too long to fill empty positions. Cut positions.
Fast pace environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOOctober 3, 2017
Excel is a very diverse enjoyable work environment. Management is nice understanding and there when you need them. I have learned a lot since I have been working there. The hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting of the car part.
productive workplace
Warehouse(temp) (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYOctober 3, 2017
i really liked this job once you got to know the layout and techniques it was great it was the first warehouse job i had. the people i worked with were the best
Pros
great work environment
Cons
temp job
Small Warehouse with friendly staff.
Service Logistics Expediter (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 2, 2017
Typical warehouse setting which valued quality above all else. Employees were guaranteed 40 hours a week even in a warehouse setting which can see its fair share of slow and busy days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exel. Our community is ready to answer.