Exelis

Exelis Employee Reviews

Average Company
Program Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 25, 2015
Good benefits and pay but within a high stress, Government regulated environment with little job security. Most of the managers have been promoted into positions based on seniority and not skill set.
Great company/Great People
SENIOR MANPOWER AND TRAINING ANALYST (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 19, 2015
Worked supporting government contracts providing manpower and training documents for the Navy. Learned a lot in regards to the process and procedures in supporting the military in a government contract position.
Changes
Clerical (Current Employee), USMay 13, 2015
Acquired many times, company names constantly changing, more of an upper management appreciation culture, not enough advancement or lateral opportunities.
Fast pace productive Lab environment with broad scope of challenges.
LSS System Hardware Lead (Former Employee), Vandenberg AFB CA.May 12, 2015
Pros: Medical and 401K
Cons: Lost Contract
Coordinated and Scheduled access to Software and Hardware Lab for Development and Sustainment of Launch and Test Range located on Vandenberg AFB in Ca. I expanded my System Engineering knowledge of the Baselined Systems which supported the Launch capability at Vandenberg AFB. I supported my manager by providing status of all development and sustainment Engineering Change modifications. I worked with a diverse team capable of developing and trouble-shooting hardware and software supporting the Launch capability. The hardest part of my job was making sure the baselined configuration was not disturbed due to multiple engineers working on a large integrated system supported by multiple servers and support equipment. I enjoyed the challenge of working multiple activities while ensuring the efforts did not impact each other.
good place to work
Project Schedule Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for in the Geo spacial division. I recommend it to any engineers looking for a job. They do a lot of work with NASA.
Poor environment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2015
Exelis is an excellent place to work to get experience in the aerospace industry. However, it is an extremely immature company with poor values and unorganized upper management. The "Do what it takes" mentality is abundant, but the serious lack of training and support from the top makes it nearly impossible to be successful.
Ready to leave.
Senior Civil Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Independence
Cons: poor benefits, no merit raises
Too much disconnect between upper management and employees. Serious communications problems. The company does not demonstrate a real concern about the employees career path.
Productive and great place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and great personnel
Cons: No cons to report
Great work place and great teamwork. I enjoyed the leadership and the support from the leadership. A typical day at work would be to learn and review the SOP of the departments that you are preparing to audit,
Excellent Work Opportunity
Resource Associate (Former Employee), VAFB, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Health Promotions, Coffee Club, Corporate Discounts, Team Building
Cons: old office furniture
I greatly appreciated my work history with Exelis Inc. They gave me the freedom to execute the tasks and goals under my responsibility without a supervisor breathing heavily over my shoulder. Management was very involved in the understanding of the work being accomplished for them. Coworkers were enthusiastic and well motivated happy people. The hardest part of the job was trying to go home at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling well compensated for my time and effort (not just $).
A professional work environment.
Logistics Specialist III (Warranty) (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 3, 2015
Exelis is a very rewarding and professional company to work for. I have learned many aspects of the business. My co-workers are all very knowledgeable and respectful to with.
My work
engineering Lab Technician (Current Employee), Space devisionMarch 18, 2015
Pros: overtime, and company benifits
Cons: not always enough compliments given to good workers, and to much favoritism.
My day starts off at 7:00 am and I work till 3:30, Monday thru Friday. I usually am the cable builder for test and flight manufacturing. Over the past 32 years in aerospace, I've learned to better solder to government and NASA specs. I am trying to find a career where the Management isn't so one sided as to who gets the work and who is promoted. Most of my coworkers are very nice to work with, as in all cases, there are a few who rub you the wrong way. the hardest part of my job, is meeting all of the inspectors demands as to their idea of good craftsmanship. is when Management actually gives you a complement.
Spin-off from ITT in past 3 years with much management flux
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 4, 2015
Lots of good people in the organization, but company is being acquired. Changed from HW/SW R&D orientation to other foci.
Fair Review
Manager, General Accounting (Current Employee), Clifton, NJMarch 3, 2015
Fair company to work for, however focus is on numbers, not on the people that make the company what it is today. benefits are average.
creative atmostphere
Range Engineering Manager (Current Employee), VAFB/PAFBFebruary 19, 2015
Typical work day was M-F 7a-4m
What I learned was range customer relations
caring management
top notch co-workers
creating designs that benefits the Range
Extremely Productive
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Camp Arif Jan, KuwaitFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: working with other great logisticians
Cons: being awawy from home
I am not at liberty to discuss such matter due to the nature of the contract. The organization was ran systematically on a daily basis. All employees knew what was expected while the management managed the system. the Co-worker were courteous and extremely profession. Hardest part of the job was being away from home. I enjoy this job because it allows me to utilized all my skills and challenged me to seek improvement.
awesome job
Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Get to work with expert employees. working with state of art equipment and working on the water which to me is the best. co-workers were awesome and management was the best, always willing to work with you and get down and dirty with you. hardest part of this job was deploying overseas but the pay and benefits were great.
US Army
Security Control Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 21, 2014
I loved being a part of something that did good for the world. I had amazing supervisors teaching me everything I needed to know, to the point I was able to train and teach higher ranking personnel shortly before I ETSed out of the military. A typical day for me, was making sure all paperwork was submitted on time to the correct personnel, updating my Commander on any issues or on going HR data within the company. I attended weekly, sometimes daily meetings with higher ranking Command making HR data aware to them as well, as I was in charge of financials, awards, NCOERs, OERs and every HR status. Before I ETSed, I trained two non-HR clerks the ins and outs of my daily job since I had no replacement, I created a book full of every action, detailed step by step, that they may come across and actions they will do daily.
Must be able to withstand elements
Directorate Supply Technician Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VADecember 12, 2014
This is a good company.
This is a security company
Over one year of experience security procedures which include verification before allowing accesses on to installation, performed pat down search of all personnel, and the exterior and interior search of vehicles for I E D and unauthorized items before allowing accesses on to the installation, motorized roving patrol of installation interior and exterior acting as a early warning for base defense to prevent any breach of the installation, provided security for control entry check points, report writing, PMCS of equipment, vehicle, weapons and ammunitions. Weapons qualification M60 MG, 50 CAL, M249 MG, M4 Rifle, M16 Rifle, M9 Pistol and NVGs.
Assisting in the training of new offices. 6 Bravo unit supervisor supervising 9 -15 officers’ weapons, document and a trained medical combat lifesaver for the installation, EMT. Rendering care to patient in the scopes of my training, and being an advocate for patients. Defensive driving for ambulances and small emergency vehicles. Record keeping for supplies and the performance of other duties that are assigned to me by my supervisors.
Great atmosphere
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 8, 2014
Everyone is so helpful and willingly offers assistance and answers questions you might have as a new employee.
Great company
Site Manager (Former Employee), Camp Stone and Camp Phoenix, AfghanistanDecember 5, 2014
10 years experience with this company This work was performed within Afghanistan at a US Army camp.

1 2 3 4 5