Exelis

Exelis Employer Reviews

Must be able to withstand elements
Directorate Supply Technician Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VADecember 12, 2014
This is a good company.
This is a security company
Over one year of experience security procedures which include verification before allowing accesses on to installation, performed pat down search of all personnel, and the exterior and interior search of vehicles for I E D and unauthorized items before allowing accesses on to the installation, motorized – more... roving patrol of installation interior and exterior acting as a early warning for base defense to prevent any breach of the installation, provided security for control entry check points, report writing, PMCS of equipment, vehicle, weapons and ammunitions. Weapons qualification M60 MG, 50 CAL, M249 MG, M4 Rifle, M16 Rifle, M9 Pistol and NVGs.
Assisting in the training of new offices. 6 Bravo unit supervisor supervising 9 -15 officers’ weapons, document and a trained medical combat lifesaver for the installation, EMT. Rendering care to patient in the scopes of my training, and being an advocate for patients. Defensive driving for ambulances and small emergency vehicles. Record keeping for supplies and the performance of other duties that are assigned to me by my supervisors. – less
Great atmosphere
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 8, 2014
Everyone is so helpful and willingly offers assistance and answers questions you might have as a new employee.
Great company
Site Manager (Former Employee), Camp Stone and Camp Phoenix, AfghanistanDecember 5, 2014
10 years experience with this company This work was performed within Afghanistan at a US Army camp.
Great learning exerpience
Composite Tech (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2014
Pros: it allowed me to grow as a person
Cons: lack of communication but got better over time as co - workers came together for excellent quality.
Working with fiberglass and composite, how to be a team player and that everyone has a role in producing great quality. Supervisors were very knowledgeable,willing to help out. being around the fumes from the resin. seeing the end result of what you made.
Great job culture, little growth opportunity
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Clifton, NJNovember 11, 2014
Depending on which business area or design group someone would like to work in a typical day at work varies. As a systems engineer the work may vary from test and integration, system/subsystem design, to data analysis. The management is to be desired however the people are great.
Productive,
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee), Denver ColoradoNovember 2, 2014
Pros: company provided housing
Cons: length of time to get kuwait license
• Manage a proactive employee relations climate to provide advice, counsel and guidance on employee relations issues and employment law to department managers, supervisors and executive staff.
• Conduct research and investigations of complaints, EEOC charges and consults with legal representatives when warranted.
• Assist the Director of Human Resources – more... in overseeing the corrective action process to ensure a firm, fair, consistent and equitable approach to disciplinary actions.
• Provide training and mediation to management staff on employee relations issues and usage of progressive discipline processes.
• Ensure HR policies and standard procedures are current and conform to U.S. employment and Host Country labor legislation. – less
Great place to work in an OCONUS capacity (ie: Iraq, Qatar, Afghanistan)
TECH SYSTEMS FACILITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan.October 14, 2014
Pros: pay on time...no hassle direct deposit! no muss, no fuss with pay!
Cons: long hours when working oconus ..sometime 12+ hours..(ie:iraq, qatar, afghanistan)
If you are looking for a good company to work for in an OCONUS capacity, Exelis is a great way to get your feet wet! Good pay, knowledgeable co-workers, down to earth environment.
supportive to the Army
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 30, 2014
fun axciting everyday. I learn about different munitions. My co-workers are very wise and informative as well as knowledgable in the performance of their duties. The hardest part about my job is deciding what to eat for lunch.
Exelis
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 16, 2014
The work day is normally routine different day same procedure.

There always something to be learned with new changes and policies.

Management is poor in some sections morale killers and other sections they're acceptable. Workers don't want comply with policy.

Have good co-workers 99% of the time I get along with everyone.

Poor communication and – more... no one wants to accept responsibility.

Having a constant flow of work. – less
EXREMELY POOR UPPER MANAGEMENT
Senior Assembler (Former Employee), Roanoke, VASeptember 12, 2014
Cons: everything...
If you are seeking financial stability then this is NOT the place to work. After ITT split and Exelis took over they have successfully run this place into the ground. Layoff after layoff. It finally got me after 17 years of working there.
Nice Place
Software Application Test Lead (Current Employee), Bowie, MDSeptember 9, 2014
Good working environment.
Good Management.
Free breakfast on Fridays.
EXELIS was a supper company to work for.
Supervisor Wheels, Field Maintenance Support (Former Employee), KuwaitSeptember 8, 2014
Typical day 8 hrs six days a week
I learned a long line of new equipment in today Army
I improved my management skills daily through on line training
I had a very good relationship with all my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was lack of man power
My team always came through
Great Company/Great Benefits
Sr. Word Processor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: advancement, respect, great pay and benefits
Cons: a "secret clearance" was not originally required, now it is.
I worked on the same Government contract for over 20+ years. Exelis, Inc. had several names earlier on, to include ITT Corp., and Stanford Telecommunications. My longevity within this company speaks volumes... I respected those I worked with, I had little downtime with work but enjoyed what I was doing and what I accomplished during that time. The benefits – more... and opportunity for advancement and reimbursements within the company were incredible. Job security and management was good. But the overall experience and what I learned was "The Best". – less
A great company.....................................
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), KuwaitSeptember 3, 2014
NO review available.....................................
co-worker and the work are awesome
Senior tech (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 26, 2014
good learning experience, jobs are fast pace , great co-worker
Great place to work, but job security and funding are low
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2014
Great opportunity to work on advanced systems. Current NASA budget climate however make job security very low.
Enjoyed working with the service members
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee), Ft RuckerAugust 15, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: everything else
I enjoyed doing the job that I had done for six years, but when this company too over everything went down and none of the higher ups or government would listen or see the issues
steady work, doing weapons repair
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: contract work, lots of layoffs
warehouse workplace , typical 8 hour work days with 30 minute lunch breaks.
Great Place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), KuwaitAugust 11, 2014
Living and working in the Middle East can be a culture shock for some, but management in the HR Department was a dedicated team player.
Great Co-Workers
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: salary
This is a great place to start your career, but unfortunately the company does not value education. Salaries are not competitive.

1 2 3 4 5