Exelon Employee Reviews in United States

Downsizing in a shrinking nuclear market
Documentum Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2016
In the IT departments, since it is not a money making area, is now a victim of cost cutting. Different departments are either cutting head counts, licensing or simply service offered.
Pros
Historically provides better benefits comparing to other companies, delivery division is strong and continuous to explore acquisitions, developing new distributed markets.
Cons
Has the biggest nuclear fleet in the country, which was the money maker in the companies for decades, but can no longer compete with the low price of material gas. Many areas in the company is shrinking, especially in nuclear and corporate functions.

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thanks very much for your post! We appreciate your kind words about our benefit packages. Thank you again for your comment!

Extremely demanding and stressful work environment
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2016
A typical work day at BGE consists of extremely high call volumes for basically the entire shift. Due to the service level metric goals employees are often required to work through their lunch break and well as stay hours later then when scheduled. Management seemed uninterested in finding alternative solutions to ease the demand they placed on their employees. The hardest part of the job is not being able to leave when your shift is over because the operations department mandates you stay to assist with call volumes.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work through lunches, mandatory overtime, high call volume

Comment – February 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and value all of the hard work you put into your job. Thank you again!

Interns were treated very well by every employee
Design Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cordova, ILMarch 1, 2016
I was given three projects throughout the summer and then presented my work to the executives in August. My projects were boring because I wasn't qualified to do much but the permanent employees let me shadow them a lot. Everyone was so friendly.
Pros
Great compensation, wonderful people, very safe
Cons
Early mornings, many safety regulations

Comment – March 9, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! It's so great to hear that you had an enjoyable experience during Exelon's internship program. Thanks again!

Comment – June 23, 2016

Thanks for your post! It's awesome to hear that everyone was friendly, that always makes for a good work environment. Thanks again for your post!

Comment – July 12, 2016

Thank you for your comment! It's great to hear that your co-workers were friendly towards you. Thank you again for your hard work during your internship!

Overall Positive Organization
Work Week Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ILFebruary 14, 2016
Challenging work environment, great compensation. Exelon Nuclear is a top Fortune 500 company with some of the best benefits available. They are an engaged, thinking organization that will help you succeed in your career goals as long as you're willing to do your best.

Comment – February 29, 2016

Thanks so much for your comment! We strive to help employees succeed in reaching their professional goals. Thanks again!

ok place to work
IT Analyst - IT Disaster Recovery (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2016
good work/life balance and good people to work with. the Benefits are also pretty good. the company has been going through major changes in the past few years, haveing to do with company acquisitions and mergers

Comment – February 1, 2016

Thanks for your post! It's great to hear that you enjoy the people you work with. Thanks again!

Great place to work in, lovely team spirit
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work in, lovely team spirit.
Great work culture.
Work advancement.
Good benefits.
Support and job security.
Pros
Support, flexibility
Cons
none.

Comment – February 1, 2016

Thank you for your comment! It's so nice to hear you had some great team spirit. Thanks again!

Work assignments are 7 days a week and 24 hour on-call on a large fleet of nuclear power plants.
SENIOR STAFF MATERIALS & MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Kennett SquareOctober 22, 2015
Great place to learn about nuclear power. Once you have experience the demands on employees is tremendous. Take any proposed salary and divide by 2 as you will be working 60-80 hours easily to meet all work assignments, without OT pay. So keep this in mind when comparing jobs.
Pros
Good people work here.
Cons
Collateral Duties will take their toll on family life. No OT pay but high demand for OT.

Comment – November 2, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We value your input and appreciate your feedback. Thank you again!

Comment – February 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and value your input. Thanks again!

Exelon as an employer
Mechanical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 14, 2015
Overall good place to work. Great people. Good pay and benefits. Advancement is ok. At the lower levels they don't promote out. They expect everyone to be available on weekends.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and people.
Cons
work/life balance, promoting.

Comment – November 19, 2015

Thank you so much for posting your review! We appreciate your input and value your feedback. Thanks again!

Comment – November 30, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy to hear that you believe Exelon is a great place to work. Thanks again for your post!

Comment – February 1, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate all of your hard work and value your feedback. Thanks again!

good benefits
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 27, 2015
company has good benefits good pay and lots of overtime great if like money bad if you like your family time. and that about all.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work life balance

Comment – November 30, 2015

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. We appreciate your feedback and value your honesty. Thanks again!

Professional, stable environment, well compensated
Executive Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2015
I enjoyed the 15 years I spent at Exelon. Taking an early retirement was a hard decision because I left a great work environment, wonderful co-workers and an amazing supervisor. Occasionally there was too much red tape but that was not the norm.
Pros
Good benefits, great co-workers and management, advancement opportunities
Cons
Loop location

Comment – October 6, 2015

Thank you very much for your post! We're glad to hear that it was difficult for your to leave Exelon after your appreciated 15 years of service. Thanks again for your comment!

Work life
Chemistry Technician (Current Employee) –  Marseilles, ILJune 1, 2016
Typical day- Morning brief to learn of plant status. Interact with Nuclear operations and brief. Prepare procedures, contamination control equipment,sampling equipment,and personal protective equipment. Input all testing data and analyze and for adverse trends with proper and timely notifications. Coordinate as lead to determine if all sampling has been completed and entered into database. Usually working in large groups to complete all coordination of sampling. Hardest part of job is time pressure and long hours for emergency sampling events and plant outages planned or otherwise. Most enjoyable aspect is the feeling of teamwork in achieving timelines, reliable data under adverse condition, doing so repeatedly, reliably and per established procedures.
Pros
Verygood work admostphere and pay
Cons
Very, very long hours.

Comment – June 23, 2016

Thanks very much for the insightful comment! It's great to hear that you value the aspect of teamwork in your day to day job. Thanks again for your post!

Challenging environment that maintains a 24/7 environment
Design Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Byron, ILApril 22, 2016
Power plant operation does not shutdown at 5 pm. That being said, there can be significant strain on individuals when the hours are long and then you go home to work more or attend multiple conference calls. In addition, it is not unusual to have vacations cancelled due to plant emergencies such as equipment or human performance issues. Management expectations are challenging with a sometimes heavy-handed approach. There are good things. The compensation and benefits reflect the aggressive nature of the industry and the company is large enough that there are a variety of place to work. This industry is not for everyone and must be taken into account.

Comment – June 23, 2016

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate your input and value your feedback. Thank you again!

Comment – July 12, 2016

Thank you for your detailed post. We appreciate your honesty. Thanks again for taking the time to comment!

Excellent team
IT Client Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 20, 2016
I gained a great deal of knowledge from the staff. Every task we tackled was handled in a professional matter. A typical day at work for me would include answering service tickets, and taking in shipment. I also had the task of reintegrating hardware and configuring software for computers that i would deliver and set up for clients. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with the quantity of machines while ensuring i was producing my expected quality of work. I really enjoyed the plethora of information the team had to offer, and still to this day grateful for the experience.
Pros
Excellent Team

Comment – June 23, 2016

Thank you so much for your comment! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you found your internship experience valuable. Thanks again!

Comment – July 12, 2016

Thanks so much for your comment! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Exelon and learned so many things from your team. Thanks again!

Good place to get experience then leave
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Braidwood, ILMay 23, 2016
Management is delusional at times for how to motivate the work force. Toxic work environment and the inability to move departments or get a promotion has resulted in approximately 2/3 of the department to turnover in the last 3 years. No one wants to stay in Engineering at Braidwood.
Pros
Slightly higher compensation than peers.
Cons
Work/life balance, culture, management lying and being deceitful with transfers and promotions, the station allowing sub-par workers to get away with little effor, "punishing" the high performers with more work

Comment – June 23, 2016

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your honesty and we are sorry to hear you have not had an enjoyable time here at Exelon. Thank you again for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Comment – July 12, 2016

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your honesty and the feedback you have provided to us. Thank you very much again.

Stable place of employment
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Marseilles, ILJuly 9, 2016
Your job is top priority, the atmosphere is welcoming as long you do your job. As Manager you will have to get your direct reports out into the field in a timely manner, and you will have limited time to be in the field with them and also in meetings and do your computer work as well. You will learn time management, crucial if your are fortunate as I was all of your co-workers look out for each other and help out. Hardest part of the day is having to attend meetings when your're in the middle of a large task.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
long hours at times

Comment – July 12, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your kind and honest feedback! Thanks again.

Excellent company to work in US
Lead Technical Role (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2015
Excellent company to work in US, Good Salary/Benefits, Job culture and Management. However, International relocation not possible since no offices outside US, especially in India.
Pros
Good Salary/Benefits and Job Culture
Cons
Technical career advancement and International relocation difficult

Comment – October 6, 2015

Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time with Exelon thus far. We appreciate your input, thanks again!

Professional yet still enjoyable to an extent due to team work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CA 91350May 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Exelon Mobile, it was great being about to advance my social skills by assisting over a hundred customers a day. My co-workers and I grew close we worked as a team and remained friends outside of the office. There was just a lack of employees and time was cut, therefore I am looking for some place to work thats new and more stable!
Pros
Very lenient with schedules they work around your schedule well, my job position was educational and fun.
Cons
lack of workers, cutting of hours.

Comment – June 23, 2016

Thank you very much for your review! It's great to hear you grew close to your team members and were able to enhance your social skills. Thanks again for your comment!

Comment – July 12, 2016

Thank you for your post! We appreciate your kind words. Thanks again!

Excellent Benefits and Great Culture
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Byron, ILJuly 28, 2015
I really liked my chain of command and the people with whom I worked. The professionalism was outstanding and overall the work environment was fair. Sometimes you could be stuck in your cubicle working on a project for a long time. I didn't like the untouchable nature of the union and how everyone was afraid of them, even though they frequently did the bare minimum of their jobs.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Inefficient Union

Comment – October 6, 2015

Thank you very much for your review! We value your feedback and appreciate your input. Thanks again!

Exelon/Calvert Cliff Nuclear Power Plant
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lusby, MDMay 21, 2016
While this internship was part of the program of study for the College of Southern Maryland, it was one the best parts. The entire work force at Calvert Cliffs is friendly, approachable, and willing to help you understand what it is that the job required. By far one of the best places I've been to for work. I just wish that we could have been more involved while we were there.
Pros
Friendly, Great Job Security
Cons
N/A

Comment – June 23, 2016

Thank you very much for your post! It's amazing to hear how much you valued your intern experience with us at Calvert Cliffs. Thanks again!

Comment – July 12, 2016

Thank you so much for your post! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed Exelon's summer internship program. Please do apply again! Thank you.

Stay away from this company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2016
The company is great but management is worthless. They give you projects and you get no credit for anything. They are laying people off to bring in new people as contractors and pay them much less. Some of us that are still here as full time employees walk on egg shells because we never know when the next cut is. They are also outsourcing alot of the work out of the country to Mexico and Panama. To get promoted is all on who you know.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Management and everything else

Comment – June 23, 2016

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your honesty and your feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Comment – July 12, 2016

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your feedback and value your input. Thanks again!

4.2