Exelon

Exelon Employer Reviews

Good Pay however unchallenging job duties
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee), Cordova, ILApril 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: unchallenging
Same thing everyday. No changes. Job is easy by nature. People are friendly and management is easy to work for.
A large power generation and utility distribution company with a presence across the US
Manager - Treasury, Project Finance (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2014
Exelon is an integrated power and utility company with a large nuclear generation presence and the owner of three public utility companies. In 2012 Exelon merged with Constellation Energy to combine the latter's Wholesale and Retail power supply business with the former's generation business, essentially matching up supply with demand.

Exelon is a – more... great company for people seeking advancement in the energy sector, and for Finance professionals those looking to understand the business of power generation and utility distribution.

Exelon has locations in Chicago, Philadelphia and Baltimore and typically attracts young professionals and recent MBA graduates. – less
good if not in security
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Braceville, ILApril 2, 2014
same as above, only in security and connot get into other department, wont give security guards interviews, only a few have left. most leave to other places outside the company !
Work Friendly Environment
Emerging Technology Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
I can always approach anyone in the office whenever I need assiatants with anything. I have had a lot of coneections by networking. Theres always a guide to learn new things and also opportunities to go different places. Overall this was a good working experience and I feel I gained more knowledge.
Interning
Corporate Applications & Controls and Compliance (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2014
Pros: environment
As an intern,there is no compansation or Benefits, even job security. It is all for the experience
Corporate Nuclear Safety Review Board Coordinator (Former Employee), Warrenville, ILMarch 24, 2014
Great place to work. The benefits are amazing and the work environment is the best.
Good place to work no more
Consulting System Analyst IV (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMarch 23, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, technology, standards
Cons: bad management
Once upon a time, it was the place to work. But since the MCI merger, the management has gone from OK to worse. They are not making money, so they have layoffs almost twice a year.
Overall A Very Good Experience
Production Technician II. Inside/Outside Operator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2014
My tenure with Exelon has been a been a very interesting time. I've had the oppurtunity to learn a lot about the business of Power plants. I've also learned to deal with a wide variety of personalities and attitudes, both good and bad. I've been fortunate to have worked with several different crews and the common initiative I've found was safety and – more... efficiency. The long summer days definitely take their toll on the plant and the operators but its often welcomed after usually slow winters. The only negatives I would personally mention would be advancement opportunity and the lack of a formalized training system. But as i said, I would definitely recommend Exelon to someone seeking employment. – less
Great Company
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee), Clinton, ILMarch 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: career advancement
Exelon is a great place to work. Good benefits. Hard to advance in Management.
Professional Environment
Associate Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2014
Great place to work. Interesting industry. Dominant firm in its market.
Felt like a small fish in a large, large ocean
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2014
Hardest part of the job was getting all departments to agree on how to fix a problem and move forward. This takes forever and never gets a resolution.
Productive and good workplace
Desktop Support/Deployment Tech (Former Employee), All LocationsMarch 12, 2014
Would recommend anyone to work for them. Worked for them through TEKsystems for a temporary contract.
Interesting people with challenging jobs
Systems Engineering Electrical Intern (Former Employee), Marseilles, ILMarch 10, 2014
Pros: heavily secure, nice people
Cons: very stressful periods, long hours
I would help my team review issues pertaining to the various electrical systems in the nuclear power plant. This included reviewing and creating excel documents containing various codes and qualifications that needed to be submitted to the management system. I assisted a few coworkers on write ups of various issues of particular electrical systems.
nice environmant
junior tester (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2014
excellent work and good work exp.
Challenging management is very good.
It is a fun place to work.
Design Engineering Analyst & DTC (Former Employee), Morris, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: benefits are ok
Cons: • too many layers of managements causing poor communications.
Exelon is great place to learn and gain valuable skills. I learned a lot about nuclear process, and my coworkers are very intelligent. The hardest part of the job was during refueling outages mainly the long hours.
Over 32 years extensive experience in Engineering, Project Management, Operations Support, , Licensing, Safety Analysis, Design Review and Control pro
SR Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Kennett Sqaure, PAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: oppd recovery, exelon capacity factor, inpo industry operting experience
Cons: no comments
1) ER:Develop corporate standards and oversee site implementation of structure through which system and components system vulnerability are managed. Vulnerabilities are identified, categorized, mitigated and evaluated for risk in the Exelon Process to ensure Reliaibity.

Under Exelon Nuclear Partner (ENP) provide leads consultant and advisory serves – more... to OPPD and lead the OPPD recovery related activities from the initial long-terms shutdown to restarting the plant. The sation was shutdoen for about 980 days.

At INPO The Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) Loanee Assignment as SR Program Manager: Developed high quality and insight station analyses for the plant evaluation team. Published several INPO event reports (IERs) and SOERs that provided lesson learns to the industry. – less
productive and fun work place
Financial Risk Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2014
Great work place. Great bosses and fun people! Always someone to help out and look out for you.
Amazing learning experience
Urban Alliance Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: networking
The amazing learning experience I received while interning at Exelon was truly a blessing. A high school student working in a professional setting learning how to mature into the professional world. Not only did I meet great people but each and everyone of them taught me something to take to college with me. Exelon prepared me for the world after college – more... as well as what to expect during college. The hardest part of the job was actually keeping up in the professional world but, I always remembered not to hesitate to ask questions. Exelon is a very heart warming workplace. – less
Very productive place to work. Everyday is a learning experience.
Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2013
Pros: company is very resourceful.
Cons: use a lot of contractors.
Typical work day consisted of meetings with Directors, Executive Directors, and VP's if they are available. Updated and maintained company portal integrity and made sure we were knowledgeable of state and federal employment laws.
A good place to work
PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT AND QA MANAGER (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 2, 2013
Pros: they look for innovation and adapt fairly easily to change
Cons: large company can be difficult to navigate through the different depts.
Large utility with lots of opportunities.

A typical day consists of peer group meetings, benchmarking, reviewing performance indicators, challenging issues, and looking for better ways to do business.
Management and co-workers work well together.
The hardest part of the job is to maintain effective communications up and down and across the organization.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job are the people. They are diverse in many ways and collectively they offer a lot of great ideas to continue to have process improvements. – less

1 2 3 4

About Exelon

The City of Brotherly Love meets the Windy City and The Greatest City in America in utility and power generating holding company – Read more

Exelon Photos