Exelon Employee Reviews

TEKSystems
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2017
This is a great company to work for. I was going to college and holding down a part time job at a different place and since coming to TEKSystems i have been able to expand on almost all aspects of my professional and personal life.
Pros
Fast Paced, intellectually stimulating, Amazing people
Excellent Place to Work
Senior Paralegal / Senior Legal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2017
Excellent Place to Work. People highly skilled and benefits exceptional. Remote work an option for most however open floor work environment in the office can be challenging when several people all on conference calls at the same time.
Pros
Large Corporation
Cons
Large Corporation
Excellent Company
Manager NDE Services - East (Current Employee) –  Kennett Sq, PAJune 12, 2017
Excellent company to work. High standards of performance and demands integrity and quality workmanship.

Opportunities exist for personnel willing to sacrifice.
Pros
tremendous growth opportunties if you want them
Cons
Spring and fall Outages take you away from family for extended durations
Exelon Nuclear is a great place to work.
Sr. CAPCO/Performance Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMay 31, 2017
I worked for Exelon Nuclear for many years. Exelon is an amazing corporation to work for with an excellent pay rate and opportunities for advancement.

As you will see from my resume, Exelon offers tuition reimbursement opportunities for their employees. Overall, it is an excellent corporation to have been a part of.
Pros
Many learning opportunitites, good pay matrix
Cons
Downsizing
Good Company and highly competitive
Enterprise Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 30, 2017
Great Place to work although highly competitive

Nice building as well and free food most times. Great people with great drive to advance their careers
Friendly and helpful coworkers and managers
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 27, 2017
. Track property ownership through government and public records, contact property to allow access to replace and repair electric meters, draft letters and eventually lawsuits.

. ICC regulations,

. Friendly, helpful, diverse workplace

. Cooperation from some property owners is difficult

Atmosphere, very good place to work
May 30, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate your feedback and insight. Thanks again!

Overall is Exelon is a Great Place to Work
Assistant General Counsel, Labor and Employment (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
Pay is competitive, however, promotional opportunities are few and far between. Exelon does a lot of great work in the community. Nevertheless, I would recommend Exelon to friends and family. It is a very stable and high performing company.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Promotional are difficult without Executive Sponsorship
May 30, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We take pride in powering and empowering our communities!

An Empowering Career
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
Exelon has offered me countless opportunities and has allowed me to get involved in diverse and fascinating parts of the business. While the company expects a lot from its employees it also offers a lot in terms of general compensation, benefits, growth/development opportunities and perks! With operating companies headquartered in major cities in the Midwest and East Coast and operations in 48 states there are opportunities to advance across the Exelon family all while growing you career at the same company!

Some companies do require longer hours due to emergency response roles to ensure we provide a reliable service to our customers. But even this requirement has its own rewards and helps remind every employee that our focus on providing the best service to our customers is a priority no matter what role you hold. I am proud to call myself an Exelon employee and help power the careers and lives of so many people across the country!
Pros
Wonderful compensation and benefits
Cons
occasional long hours
Exelon
Contractor Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2017
My team in Exelon is flexible on what technology a developer can choose for achieving the goal of the project.

The one thing I don't like is that red tape in ticketing system, as is the case with big companies. To get some approval to create new tables takes too long
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
A lot of approval processes
May 24, 2017

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at Exelon. We are always looking for innovative new solutions to streamline the work that we do but our industry supports critical infrastructure and awareness that shapes many of our processes. Where you see opportunities to make enhancements please address with your management team, innovative approaches from our employees to the challenges we face from daily processes to industry spanning changes will always help drive Exelon forward!

Fun Work Place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
Loved working with the Customers. Would love to work there again. Worked with a lot of professional people. Always had meeting of new changes and team meetings.
Pros
Great Incentitives
Cons
Short Lunches
May 24, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate your feedback and and are glad you had such a positive experience. Thanks again!

Great compensation, little work life balance
Managment (Current Employee) –  ILMay 8, 2017
Great place to start a career. The jobs are well defined, however you can get bogged down by the admin burden. A lot of improvement could be made in work life balance. A lot of overtime and on-call time.

Company currently heavily focused on Diversity Hiring. Talent and skill take second place and it shows. Managers are told to hire candidates that are not the first choice to meet diversity goals.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Admin burden and new talent pool
May 24, 2017

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at Exelon. We are always looking for innovative new solutions to support and streamline the work that we do and would encourage you to work with your management team to identify opportunities for process enhancement! We know that the skill and diversity of our employees is one of our greatest strengths and we want to ensure we have the top talent in the industry and that our employees reflect the diverse communities that we support.

excellent place to work
Design Engineer/System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAMay 3, 2017
excellent place to work. great cafeteria. great work schedule. great work environment, it's like a family. the people is the best part. slow pace, more concentrate on quality vs. quantity.
Pros
great work environment
May 8, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We know that our employees are our greatest strength as a corporation, we are thrilled to see you think so highly of the company and appreciate your willingness to share your experience with others!

Unrealistic expectations and no commitment to employees
Sr. Manager IT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2017
Senior leadership is two faced and CANNOT be trusted. They think they know it all and do nt value their employees or their thoughts and ideas. Stay away from this company unless you like leaving your brain at home and want to be used and abused and then thrown out when they are finished with you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work-life balance, trust, employee engagement
May 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience, and it is deeply unfortunate that you had this experience. As a company we strive to recognize and reward our employees innovative ideas and efforts. We are always looking for new ways to streamline the work we do and encourage our employees to develop new skills through paid training programs and courses in addition to enterprise wide events like the Innovation Expo to celebrate the work of individual employees and teams. Please feel free to email CorporateTalentAcquisition@exeloncorp.com with additional information so we can address the issues you encountered.

Great workplace with a lot of potential for job growth
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
Exelon was a great workplace with a lot of potential for job growth. Company also paid for 10 days training every year for employees to learn new skills.
Pros
Cons
Great benefits and growth potential.
May 1, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We take pride in offering our employees career growth opportunities and training to support their interests and needs across the enterprise! We are thrilled you were able to take advantage of these programs and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the indeed community!

The position I was in heavy in hard work, productivity, independence and teamwork, customer service and lastly, trust
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2017
As mentioned above, the position was very active and productive. Every day, there is something new to do, whether it was creating and responding to tickets, person-to-person client interactions, troubleshooting client issues, managing tech inventory, lifting laptops and desktop computers, delivery of client's equipment, setting up new workstations, setting up new hire accounts, and handling large scale projects. I learned that both independence and teamwork work in tangent. It all depends on the tasks and situations at that moment. The hardest part of the job was the time constraints on certain tasks and client issues and being over-encumbered by them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the configuration of new hire PC's as well as troubleshooting a client's issue and fixing the issue that day.
Pros
Free drinks, unique personalities of different people, flexible breaks, eating food at certain workstations, office events/parties
Cons
Lack of teamwork, over-encumbered of tickets, quick to pick the blame at someone, awkward interaction with the boss
May 1, 2017

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to see you had a positive experience while you were with us! Our IT support teams are critical to success of the business and your work here certainly helped every part of the enterprise. This is absolutely a dynamic and fast paced work group and we are always looking at new ways to streamline the work and build team inefficiencies. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences!

Not a bad place to work
Maintenance Supervisor/FLS MMD (Current Employee) –  Forked River, NJApril 16, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Plant is closing. Most people are trying to leave that are not of retirement age. Not clear where remains staff will end up. Too many open ended promises.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Plant closing
May 1, 2017

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at Exelon. We know that our greatest strength as a company is the talent and expertise of our employees and while we may have to make strategic decisions around our assets, our employees remain our top concern. Any impact to our employees is the topic of extensive discussion across all of HR and Senior Leadership and we want to ensure we provide support to all employees during these times of change. Please feel free to reach out to your HR Business Partner(s) and or leadership if you have questions!

Productive Environment
ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2017
In my short time at Exelon, I can say that the people who work there know how to get work done, while also making it enjoyable. They know when it's time to work and when it's time for fun. I received the appropriate training throughout my first few weeks, and was able to really grow into a better professional. Everyday is a productive day at Exelon, and they do a great job of making it the type of work environment to come back to everyday.
May 1, 2017

Thank you for your comment! Our greatest strength as a company is the talent and expertise of our employees and we are thrilled to know you are embracing the opportunities we offer to develop your skills and grow your career!

Construction Management Group
Schedule Manager, AGE New Construction (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 11, 2017
Good work environment with positive management and capable peers. Would remain if construction projects continued. Building something is far more satisfying that turn around work.
May 1, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate your willingness to share your experience with others and appreciate all you are doing to help us build the future of the energy industry!

Organization was corrupt beyond belief
General Engineer (Former Employee) –  LaSalle County, ILApril 10, 2017
I learned some valuable skills, thanks to a a great supervisor, and was treated pretty well. Yet again, the smallest infraction would get you in big trouble. My infraction was getting a 50-cent parking ticket.
Pros
Cons
long drive, very strict atmosphere, and the inmates were in charge
May 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While the company takes issues of safety very seriously our policies are never designed to "punish" employees and are there to ensure that all employees go home safe at the end of the day.

Safe, interesting work with great benefits
Maintenance Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 7, 2017
Safety is the most important aspect of every day. Within the company, you can move as high up as you would like. Promotion from within is exemplary. Great pay and benefits, but you do have to put forth the effort.
Pros
Safety and compensation
Cons
Lots of rules in nuclear power
April 10, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We take pride in offering our employees career growth opportunities across the entire corporation so they can have a career that meets their needs in a rewarding and engaging work environment!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exelon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3