Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center

Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great company to start Nursing Career in.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lafayette, COAugust 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits, and pay
Cons: twelve hours shifts are tiring at times
A very busy hospital. 5:1 ratio. If you can start working right away as a new grad RN, I would recommend an acute care setting such as this You gain a ton of knowledge, and skills just in the first six months alone.

The benefits are great, 401k, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement and PTO.

Co-workers are always there and willing to help. – more... Management has been great.

Hardest part of the job is time management. Twelve hour shifts sometimes is not enough time to get everything done. And of course, taking care of the sick is very difficult as well.

Most enjoyable, is just making a difference in the lives of others. – less
Fast pace
Environmental services (Former Employee), Lafayette, COJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits. ability to transfer w/o issues or hassles
Was able to transfer from clinic setting to hospital setting. Easy transition to make. Took really good care of their employees. Benefits are great.
Cath lab
RN in Cardiac Cath Lab (Former Employee), Lafayette, COSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: i loved the cath lab
Cons: too far, was needing to respond in 30 minutes, sometime i was the last one to arrive if traffic was bad.
It was exciting to be part of a new cath lab opening in brand new hospital. It was an honor. I was part of a team that cared for patients needing diagnostic and interventional procedures. I was responsible for monitoring the patient, administering medications, as well as scrubbing to assist the cardiologist and keeping accurate records of the procedures
Positive working environment with great co-workers and management
Registration Representative (Current Employee), Lafayette, COJuly 18, 2013
I have enjoyed working in the Registration Department as well as my previous position in the Post Anethesia Care Unit (PACU) Unit at Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center. My current position as a Registration Representative is a very rewarding one and I am so thankful and blessed to be a part of a positive team of hard workers striving to make our – more... patients feel well taken care of when they arrive at our hospital to check in for their procedures. Our management is well connected with our department and communicates effectively through email and in scheduling monthly staff meetings. The hardest part of the job is seeing our patients coming into the hospital with serious illnesses and in severe pain and wanting to comfort and bring words of encouragement to them and their families. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to our patients and taking good care of them and seeing a smile on their faces as they leave happy and satisfied with the care they received at our hospital.

I would highly recommend applying at EGSMC if you are seeking employment in the Lafayette/Boulder/Broomfield area. – less
Great Hostpial
Volunteer in Emergency Department (Former Employee), Lafayette, COJune 24, 2013
Great Hospital, friendly staff, good working environment
Enjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lafayette, COMay 29, 2013
After report we had a huddle with all of the nurses to talk about our patient assignment. I then would go to each room and do my initial assessments on the mom's and babies. I would medicate as needed for each patient. Baby testing whenever it was due throughout the night (Bilirubin, PKU, hearing screen). We also performed carseat challenges on late – more... pre-term babies.

I had good managers that were involved in the unit. My co-workers are all very kind and willing to help with whatever is needed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of my patients. I love doing bedside care and taking care of babies is one of my passions. – less
Learning environment
Medical Imaging and Interventional Radiology (Current Employee), Lafayette, COMarch 13, 2013
Pros: opportunity to move to different areas with in the company
Cons: lack of work area and computers to review and prepare for patients cases
While a learning environment, it is fast paced and little time allowed to assess and review patient care. This has been an intense job with moderate support from the managers. Most coworkers are supportive.
Productive, fun environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lafayette, COFebruary 1, 2013
Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center is a great place to work. Though I only did registration, I loved working there. The people are great, and the environment is very nurturing.
Float Pool
Certified Nurse Aide Float Pool Department (Former Employee), Lafayette, COJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: 12hr shifts
Cons: being put on-call and not getting to work
I worked in the Float Pool and I loved it! Each time I came to work was a new experience on a new floor! The co-workers at Good Samaritan were always very nice and thankful to see me! I love the experience I got from working at Good Samaritan!
Massage, workout area
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Lafayette, CODecember 16, 2012
Pros: nurses week.
Cons: angry doctors
I worked days and nocs. A typical day at work is as follows-recieve report, check hx, check orders, assess pt . Speak with other nurses to assess work load, so we could work as a team. Communicate with doctor on plan for pt. Admits and discharges as they came up. Meetings and education if time allowed.

What I learned. How to listen.

Management. You – more... need to remember it is business and not personal.

My co-workers. I have liked the people I have worked with over the years. If I did have a problem I would go to the co-worker and have a thoughtful and calm conversation to see if we could come up with a solution. I was blind-sided once and I did not appreciate it so I would not do that to a co-worker,

The hardest part of my job. Communicating with Doctors that I had not met, winning their trust.

The most enjoyable part of the job. Celebrating little and big events in a pts. life and a fellow staff members life and teaching. – less
Real work experience
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee), Lafayette, CONovember 23, 2012
Pros: excellent learning environment, great benefits such as education reimbursement
Cons: some difficult relationships
The hospital work is rewarding work. As a Rehabilitation Aide I was in a unique position where I were required to be of assistance to anyone in the office. In the mornings I was responsible for opening the department which consisted of getting new patients on the log and removing discharged patients. I was responsible to assist the secretaries in answering – more... the phones and continually updating the patient log the course of the day. Also, I was responsible for helping out the therapist with patients. This ranged from assisting the Physical Therapists with a walking program or assisting a Speech Therapist with a video swallow study. In any of my daily roles I was always kept busy.

I learned that working a full time was a great responsibility. I learned a good work ethic and how to get along with people even if you had a difference in opinion. I learned that the patient is the most important part of the job and their comfort is our main priority.

The management was a difficult situation. They were out of touch with what the people were doing on a daily basis and it was two different worlds. Upper management became very controlling on what we were doing and how we were doing it. This made the working environment was difficult to work in because it was the workers that were feeling the effects.

There were difficult co-workers that made a day very difficult at times but then there were co-workers that would take the time to help you out and teach you exactly what their expectations of you were and how you would be able to change that. The co-workers were the people that encouraged me to grow as a rehabilitation aide. This growth as a Rehabilitation aide has made me the person I am today as an Athletic Trainer.

The most difficult part of working was dealing with being micromanaged and learning how to deal with that and still be productive and helpful when you are working with patients or other therapist. Another difficult part of work was learning how to deal with difficult therapist and even though you had different viewpoints working past that and being able to help the patient in the best way possible.

I enjoyed working with the patients and helping them out. There are many patients that I have worked with that I will never forget. Some of these patients have encouraged me in being the healthcare professional I want to be. If it had not been for this job I would not be as effective as an Athletic Trainer that I am today. – less
Great place to work.
Radiology Technologist II (Current Employee), Lafayette, COAugust 26, 2012
Pros: growth and professionalism with a friendly environment.
Cons: new facility. growing pains. no real trauma.
* Great pay.
* Good benefits.
* Management is ok.
* Lots of room for growth/cross train.
* Not a good place to learn trauma.
* Professionalism.
* Not enough experienced techs.
* Love the people I work with :)
I feel to be best in the nation needs to be more focused on. To allow that to happen, management needs to listen to employees feedback.
Operating Room Assistant/ Med-Surg (Former Employee), Lafayette, COAugust 1, 2012
I worked in the operating room. It was an on going unit. Management did not allow employees to speak on situations. No place for advancement or higher education without going to a part time or prn status
Great people to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lafayette, COJuly 1, 2012
I work day shift on a med/surg/onc floor. Typically the nurse to patient ratio is 1:5, 1:4 if I'm administering chemotherapy. Here I learned how to be a competent and independent nurse. My co-workers are fantastic and always offering to help. The hardest part of my job is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is developing relationships – more... with the frequent flier oncology patients. – less
Great palce to work
Senior RCP (Former Employee), Lafayette, COMay 28, 2012
Pros: employee reconition
Cons: cold in winter
I loved working at this hospital, staff was great and team work was great. This was the way felt every day going to work.
Has great health benifits
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee), Lafayette, COApril 28, 2012
Management tries to run the place really well, but lakes the communication skills to keep empoyees motivated.
Great place to work.
Nutrition Service Aid (Former Employee), Lafayette, COMarch 30, 2012
I loved my fellow employees, managers were great, and the whole organization looks out for its employees. I worked there when I was pregnant and it was unbelieveable how awesome they were to me and helped me out so much with many things.