Exempla Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Depending on where you work it is alright
End User Analyst (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 19, 2016
IT at the care sites seems to be stuck with bad management making unrealistic demands and rather than looking for ways to improve workflow and satisfaction they're more concerned with finding new ways to punish you.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 8, 2016
I was busy as soon as I clocked in. The switchboard was always going off. I learned how to remain calm during an emergency. I was able to take advantage of free medical terminology classes. Our management had to be constantly alert and prompt. The hardest part of the job were when people were distraught over family members in the hospital. I did enjoy being able to be compassionate and have empathy for them.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Busy
Great place to work Lutheran Medical Center
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge ColoradoSeptember 2, 2015
My manager Barry Kissinger always keep associates up todate on events always kept an open door policy. The most difficult part of the position was Item adds and up todate contracted item price discrepancies.
Nice place to work. Busy Periop
Director of Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 6, 2015
Enjoyed getting to work early to check in with people. The management team was very cohesive and had been in place a long time. The hardest part of the job was to leave and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Benefits/relationships
Cons
No cons
Good culture with high job satisfaction
Director of Materiel Management (Former Employee) –  Denver. COMarch 30, 2015
Satisfaction derived from daily contribution to the improvement of patient lives and conditions. Culture among patient care associates promoted respect and family atmosphere.
Great Company to Work for with room for movement
Managed Care-Insurance Contract Auditor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 29, 2014
worked in payment posting dept and moved to 2 other great positons in the company as a insurance rep and managed care contract auditor was a great team to work with
Pros
great benefits flexible schedules and great team atmosphere
Cons
bigger company took over was not as flexible and business slowed down in dept
More relaxed job culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2014
Exempla gave me great exposure to the world of US healthcare from a hospital and financial perspective. During my time there, I was the capital finance manager for a $50M electronic medical record implementation (EPIC).
Pros
work life balance, denver colorado
Cons
limited career advancement
Healthcare
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2014
Exempla is growing and forever changing. There is plenty of opportunity for growth personally as well as professionally.
Do your self a favor and stay away from this company.
IT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 28, 2014
HR are filled with a bunch of loons. They under estimate what it takes to get things done and you work 24 x 7 and its still not good enough. The culture is back stabbing and finger pointing and clickish. Multiple complaints can be reported to HR about about a particular manager by multiple employees and they back the discrimanitory manager. They forced us to take all of our vacation at the end of the year while executives had unlimted carry over. The do not care about work life balance. They will work you until you are ill. Every time they had employee event employees were charged or told they had to 'donate' to attend. Avoid these morons at all costs.
I really enjoyed my work surroundings and the people I worked with
Ofc Svc Coord./Production Coord/Marketing Dept (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2014
I always had an array of duties so I was never bored. I learned so much about the working hospital business by starting in the mailroom and working my way to office services coordinator. My immediate supervisor trusted me to make decisions, and it empowered me to pursue money saving ideas for the hospital as a whole.

I eventually managed the front desk clerk and my mail room replacement. After that, I moved into the Marketing Department where I again was able to show my talents. I loved this position.
Pros
worked with great bosses who let me explore ways to improve the work environment
Cons
a bit too far to drive
Fantastic place to work. Same company for 19 years
Financial Coordinator - Construction Management (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COFebruary 5, 2014
Worked 7-3:30 Monday-Friday. Worked with 10 construction project managers, office manager, and director. Excel skills above average.
I've learned various softwares in project accounting. I work with little supervision and management always knew the accuracy of my work. The hardest part of the position was learning new softwares at the same time as the company made several changes when integrated with another company. I truly enjoyed developing and managing linked spreadsheets.
Stable Company
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, ColoradoOctober 3, 2013
Large, stable, growing company. I was a temporary employee and was only there for 3 months.
Pros
growth
Cons
disorganized
Productive and challenging place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2013
A typical day at work would start at 6:45 am with the night shift giving report, then performing vital signs and charting I&O's, Blood Sugar checks, serving breakfast, Clearing meal trays away, help patient with daily living skills, changing bedding and straightening up the room. For the most part management was great, they were always there to help if needed, and the co-workers were great to. The hardest part of the job for me was learning not to spread myself to thin. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in such a clean and pleasant setting on a day to day basis.
Pros
medical benefits, ongoing training as needed.
Cons
short breaks, and often not able to take lunch breaks.
Stay away!!!
IT Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 12, 2013
Very, very, very poor management on the technical side. Pay is abhorrent.
Cons
everything
Fun place to work.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2013
Exempla is a great organization and a great place to work. Management is very flexible and allows for empowerment. My co-workers are very smart and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of this job is the challenges it brings and the opportunities for growth.
Pros
free lunches
Good place to start
UA on L&D also CRT PRN (Former Employee) –  Labor and delivery and respiratory careMarch 17, 2013
Friendly staff. Worked as a team well. Management was not always present. Co-workers were great. Loved the hospital itself and the patients I took care of.
Pros
community hopital, small department
Cons
not too much experience gained here
Don't do it!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver areaMarch 7, 2013
Exempla is not a desirable workplace. Management is unfair and does not care about the employees, in my opinion. No attention is paid to employee input or ideas for improvement. Employees are generally unhappy and complaining about everything from micromanagement to no management, depending on the department. Employees are harrassed up for every little silly thing. Understaffing is common and an every day occurence. Policies and procedures do not exist where needed. New employees do not receive training to learn new positions.
Pros
good salary
Cons
everything else except salary
Great Place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJanuary 3, 2013
My typical day was billing and collections for hospital services. I lease a great deal of billing, CPT, ICD-9 codes and wanted to learn more. Management was good to work with. Sometime hard to understand why processes where the way they where.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
not good pay
Mammography applicants beware
Mammo tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CODecember 22, 2012
The Breast Center has gone through many employees.There is a reason and that is the manager Kittrina. Stay clear of this place
Pros
nice benefits
very good pt care
R.N. Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CODecember 12, 2012
Excellent place to work especially the medical surgical floors. Great managers and coworkers. All pitch in the help one another out
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none i have found yet