Exempla Lutheran Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful teamwork
Emergency Department - Certified Emergency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 14, 2015
The nurses, EMTs and physicians have a great team-work ethic. Patient population ranges from newborn to elderly; scrapes and bruises to trauma, stroke, and cardiac emergencies. It is a certified NICHE facility.
Transcription pool in radiology, great experience.
Lead Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 30, 2015
Working at Lutheran Medical Center was the first time for me in a hospital setting. We prioritized the types of reports by inpatient, ER, surgery and outpatient, with approximately 600 to 700 exams a day. Virtually every aspect of radiology and the procedures were offered at this hospital. My coworkers were great, with us pitching in to make sure all was completed by deadline. They were quite a team and good friends also. After a few years I was promoted to lead transcriptionist so my duties expanded to statistics and quality assurance. Management was great. They kept their distance because of the amount of work we had and it was a rule in the department to leave the transcription department alone, no visitors, etc. They kept an eye on us of course, but always made it a point to tell us how good we were doing, how pleased the doctors were and that they grateful that we all worked together so well.
Not recommended
Radiology Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COApril 15, 2015
My experience here was not good. Patient care is poor, and the few people willing to work are covering the butts of many who are lazy and likely incompetent.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Patient care is poor
Good people. Educational opportunities.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CODecember 28, 2014
Very high intensity job, surrounded by good people, 99% great RN/MD relationships.
Great people to work with but pay is low.
Exercise Physiologist, EKG/Treadmill Tech (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 14, 2014
I enjoy working here. The people are great and know how to do their job very well. The pay on the other hand is low and with school payments I would either need to find a second job or find a better paying job. They do not allow overtime and some weeks you go home early. I'm looking for something that will give me the hours and salary needed as well as the time to finish classes for PA school in the future.
Pros
great people to work with who are knowledgeable
Cons
low pay
Amazing staff and management
RN (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 18, 2014
I worked at this hospital for 10 years. Of course all companies have their ups and downs, but overall it has been an awesome experience!
I am so grateful for all I have learned from my peers. They definitely have helped shape me in to the nurse I have become!
Pros
coworkers, benefits, management
Xray is a high school like clique, if you're not in they will make life miserable
Radiologic Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 4, 2014
Tattling is encouraged. I loved my job and what I did. Patients were awesome and made life complete but no matter how hard you work or what you are responsible for, management only wants to make themselves look better. Someone is always out to get the others. People work there and do nothing and have no skills but nothing happens to them so everyone else must compensate for their short comings.
Pros
a lot of good people work there in all departments
Cons
not given breaks, lunches can be infrequent, high school antics, management is unqualifed
When I worked here a top 100 hospital
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wheatridge, COMay 19, 2014
This was 14 years ago however, LMC was an excellent hospital lab. Co workers were good, management was good, hardest part of the job was the overtime, best part of the job was the ability to help physicians with patients. I was a Microbiologist and learned a good basis which allowed me to be good in my following job at bmx
Pros
good hospital environment
High Energy Hospital Environment
Executive Assistant to President/CEO (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge COMay 14, 2014
A great deal of interaction with executives and clinical staff at all levels.
Numerous short-term deadlines.
Challenging workload.
ELMC was a wonderful place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 14, 2013
I was employed at Exempla Lutheran Medical Center for 30 years. I always looked forward to going to work and thoroughly enjoyed my job.. When my job was eliminated it broke my heart. I began my employment at Lutheran as a full time employee in the Medical Transcription Department and was working weekends when I left. I was always employed in Transcription and was very fond of all my co-workers as well as the department managers. My job consisted of transcribing physician reports as well as assisting physicians with their various dictation requirements and concerns.
Pros
pleasant work environment.
Cons
none.
Enjoyable place to work and call home for a career.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COMay 30, 2013
A typical day in Sterile Processing at Exempla was steady and sometimes busy but with the help of the general and common ideology of supportive teamwork the work at hand and sometimes extra emergency situations that produced more work would process out smoothly. Management was well equipped and knowledgeable to the needs of the employees and how that translated to the companies overall needs and goals. The hardest part of the job personally was time constraints in certain processes at any given moment when staff was limited. The most enjoyable aspect of the job or career is that the job was easily translated into a career and the fact that if given that thought process knowing you were part of a larger goal in the health care of a person in need of it. Health care workers deserve better recognition then they tend to in recant years, not only from their managers and co-workers, but also from their employers. This recognition was more prevalent some years ago but has fallen by the way side due to many factors one of which is probably budget. Unfortunately this has effected morale a great deal which is problematic in that it could easily translate to the patient.
Pros
see review
Cons
see review
Wonderful educational environment
Clinical Intern (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COApril 8, 2013
Great place to learn the proper skills to become an Echocardiogapher. Staff members are extremely helpful.
It used to be a great place to work until the company was sold.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 12, 2012
This was one of the best hospitals in the city until it got sold 3 years ago. Then the employees started losing their jobs for false reasons. Most of those who lost their jobs were over 50 years old or were getting close to 10 years of service. This was a way of saving money. I worked critical care on Telemetry and learned so much while I was there. Now most of the nurses are 1 and 2 year nurses with little or no experience and no older nurses to guide them
benefits
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Good working conditions.
Transcriptionist/Lead transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Radiology Department.September 17, 2012
Radiology Department is a busy department. Doctors, techs and clerical maintained a great working environment. The hardest part of the job was when we had a person absent in the transcription department as there was no back-up plan.
Pros
good benefits. beautiful hospital campus
Cons
transcription was eventually contracted out.
It can you both ways...
Radiology Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 26, 2012
* Great place for new grads to learn, gain experience and move on.
* Pay is very good. Above most other hospitals.
* Good benefits.
* Busiest ED I have ever worked at.
* Clique and favoritism. If your not in; your out.
* Budget cuts will send you home early.
* Watch your back of most people.
* Low morale, poor attitude and lots of drama.
Pros
good pay and learning/experience for new grads.
Cons
low morale and lack of professionalism.
Exempla Lutheran Medical Center is a fine place of employment.
Sterile Processing Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 1, 2012
An over all typical day at work there was very productive and positive in the sence that co-workers and staff were helpful to one another and willing to go an extra mile to get the job done. Educational opportunties of the job were an on going priority of management and ecouraged. I was informed along with co-workers of any learning curves available. Although higher maagement seemed some what invisible to the general staff lower management was readily available and able to meet the needs of staff. The hardest part of the job at times was being able to meet the needs with limited staff on hand. I enjoyed working with the new technologies available to us and learning about them. I also enjoyed working with my co--workers.
Good patient environment
EVS (Former Employee) –  COJune 22, 2012
the staff was always well taken care of. Senior managment cared how the staff and patients were treated.
Exciting, always learning something new!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COMay 5, 2012
 Wrote and edited articles and announcements for employee newsletters
 Prepared media releases as well as placement of advertisements
 Project tracking and timelines
 Coordinated and executed special events
 Ordered specialty items hospital-wide
 Coordinated photo shoots for ELMC publications
Pros
working with marketing team, fun, exciting
Cons
no cons
Like Pharmacy Coworkers
IV Pharmacy Technician/Oncology Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COApril 4, 2012
Worked with me and was given opportunity to expand. Flexible hours and like shift options.
Great start for new nurses
RN (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJanuary 18, 2012
I really enjoyed my time at ELMC. It was a great learning experience as a new graduate from nursing school. The staff took the time to mentor and teach while supporting me in my endevors as a new nurse. I gained much knoweldge about nursing and myself at this job.
Pros
flexible, encouraged further education and learning
Cons
short breaks

4.2