Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very enjoyable to place to work when I was there.
L&D and Main OR-Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJanuary 27, 2015
I had the opportunity to work on the L&D unit and the main OR. And while I worked on the L&D unit, it felt like working with family. The people were a nice tight nit group of nurses, techs, unit secretaries. It was truly a very nice experience for me and the L&D unit loved me. The main OR was almost as nice. Not quite as tight-nit as the L&D unit. However it was a great place to learn and strengthen my skills as a Surgical Tech. Saint Joe's in general is a comfortable nice place to have employment. And I truly enjoyed my time there as a Surgical Tech.
Pros
Great place to learn and grow as an employee. Great atmosphere to work in while I was there.
Cons
The pay rate wasn't anything to brag about.
Great volunteer program
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2014
I only volunteer for the Parent 2 Parent group. I am able to give back to another family that is going through what I went through having a baby prematurely.
Love the physicians here
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoFebruary 17, 2014
I support the Medical Staff physicans, I work on various committees and with nurses, doctors and professional staff.

My co-workers are awesome, but around the house most of them have grown to "blame" others and not be team players

I am responsible for the Emergency Call schedule for the Emergency Department, this can be very challenging at times.

I have many friendships with the physicians that trust me, over the years they know they can come to me and be counted on.
Pros
great health, dental and vision benefits
Cons
environment blame and no team players
Saint Joseph is a very busy hospital with good people. It is many times too busy and short staffed. Benifits are good but becoming less over the last
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2013
Typical day started at 6am. I would open the department, scan as many inpatient as possible before the outpatients started at 730am. Coworkers would start at 7am and 8am. Portables would get done as soon as possible. Procedures would start at 11 to 12 am and last to mid afternoon. We would be busy almost everyday. Loved working with my coworkers. Hardest part of the job getting scans and procedures done when needed. Most enjoyable part learning and seeing new things.
Pros
Good enviorment and staff.
Cons
Work load intrudes on off time
good place to work. If they hired the right managers.
Health Information Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2012
I loved my job. The new manager they hired is terrible, she has double standards for those she likes they do no wrong, for those she does not like they do everything wrong. She really after three years does not know the job. I had great co-workers. My regret was leaving without letting the Director know how things really were.