Exeter Finance Corporation

Exeter Finance Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

worst company ever
CREDIT MANAGER/BUYER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 12, 2016
terrible benefits, horrific management, do not value employees, high medical deductibles, back stabbing co-workers.
Nervous
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 29, 2016
Working for avantguard was a scary job ,you never know what your next alarm call would be I loved saving peoples lifes, houses,business, ext. The calls I recieved when someone was hurt or dieing was a nerve raking call but I learned how to stay calm and keep talking to them till help arrived. I had a fun team around me good managment.
Pros
FREE BIG WINNINGS AND GIFT CARD FROM THE CEO
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Productive day at work with moral on the floor
Sr. Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work is an environment where there is team moral from managers and peers. Work is exciting to go to because the company cares about their employees and shows it through being interactive with the employees. Giving information when needed.
Interesting and Fun place to work. Holiday parties and catering and chance to socialize was a nice touch as well.
Loan Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2016
Productive and challeging place to work. Great Experience and place to work. Excellent environment where one could challenge themselves to know more about state and federal regulations. Great starter job for anyone interested in the Auto Loan Serving Industry.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunches, Employee Recognition, Great Place to work
Cons
Location, benefits
Portland Office of Exeter Finance excellent place to work
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 15, 2016
Fast paced Indirect Auto Lending and funding of Indirect contracts
Management in the Portland Office were team players and goal oriented.
Pros
Bonuses for goals attained
Cons
Exeter closed Portland office due to centralization
I loved working for Exeter one of the best company
Bilingual Early Payment Default Dept Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2016
I worked around the best of the Best. I loved coming into work everyday. My coworkers were always team players in every Department I excelled to. We were challenged every day to excel to better assist our customers. The hardest part of my time at Exeter was when I had to leave Exeter. I loved & miss every one there
Pros
Coming into work
Cons
Leaving Exeter Finance
Work/Life
Dealer Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Good work life balance. Flexible schedule. Good PTO policy and holiday schedule. Flexible with family activities and personal needs.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Base pay and pay plan
As a Company
Loan Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 15, 2015
The worklife balance at the company is not very good because there are a lot of processes to complete but not enough FTE to where employees are getting burned out.
Sr Corporate Recruiter
Sr. Corporate Recruiter - Contract (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 14, 2015
Exeter Finance Corporation is a very fast pace and extreamly rewarding opportunity. The company is growing very fast and right now I am working on staffing for several VP roles as well as Accounting and Finance.
Pros
Lots to do, good company culture, friendly team members
Cons
Lots to do.
Execter has a beautiful facility great security up to date systems great training program
Bi-lingual Collection Representative II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 9, 2015
the review is I wish that I could have stayed longer to get the full
Exeter experience. upper manage is a great group of motivating people. the customers that we served were subprime accounts
but for subprime accounts they where a high quality loans.
the benefits where great.
Pros
overtime was mandatory so the income was great
Cons
overtime was mandatory

Want to know more about Exeter Finance Corporation?

Ask a question
The most enjoyable part of the job
Asset Remarketing (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 30, 2015
The whole job is enjoyable because I get to do my job with little or no supervision. The atmosphere is friendly, it is easy to talk to others which makes learning and teaching others seem natural.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not in my degree field
Exeter
collector (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 30, 2015
A changing company that still needs to find the right direction to go. Looking for new opportunities which are not provided/
Overall not a good company to work for
manager (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTNovember 18, 2015
The pay is good but they don't even follow their own policies. One day soon they will be audited and it won't go well. Major favoritism, and you get ahead by dragging others down. Very disappointing.
Pros
Pay, nice facilities
Cons
Everything else
working for exeter was a pretty good expierence.
collector (Former Employee) –  clearfield, UTNovember 10, 2015
it was a good experience. fun atmosphere. good people good benefits but management was kind of all over the place. they would train for one thing and then tell you what you just learned from the manager before was wrong and you would get into trouble for that.
prductive outstanding day
Loan Services Rep-OriginationsCollections (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2015
The opportunity to grow with a expanding management supportive team. filled with a strong team willing and ready to produce.
Poor Management, CEO only cutting personell to ensure he obtains his bonus. Not truly making a profit.
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2015
Poor management, no follow through. Non compliant company! Managers are not trained. They do not promote growth for their team. Managers would rather hide and control problems when they arise then fix them. No back up from Vice Presidents. Everyone at Exeter is only trying to survive and not by doing the right thing or for the better of the company!
Productive. Very Busy
AVP Collections (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 15, 2015
Overall good place to work. Change in direction and growth is all part of the company. The opportunities for advancement are there just have to show you are capable.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Turnover rate
office work
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 24, 2015
a day at work at the St. Louis learning Center, was full of office work! Answer calls sorting through mail and helping out others within the community.
Pros
giving back to the community, learning a new trade
Cons
short term job, not a lot of benefits
Opportunities
credit review analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Company with opportunities to grow. Central location. Great coworkers and work hours are good. Worked with some of the best managers in this industry.
Fun work place
Document Processor (DDS Check in) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 1, 2015
A very relaxed and productive environment. Management could be a lot better because there are hard working individuals that don't get the rewards they deserve; turnover rate is very high. I loved the people that I worked with everyday, hard working fun individuals who I learned a lot from, just wish I could have grown with the company because I know that I would have been a great aspect. I enjoyed getting up everyday to go to work and looked forward to working with my co-workers.