Exeter Finance LLC Employee Reviews

review
Impound Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 9, 2017
Efc is an ok company to work for, I really like my team and pay is ok. I just wish it was more like most people. And my supervisor is the best, and the new ceo is making a lot of changes.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Collector/ Loss Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 5, 2017
A typical day at Exeter consisted of logging into my que, doing a quick overview of my payment sheet from the day before to see what accounts were cured or make sure payments posted. Also , following up with customers on agreed payment arrangements or promise to pay arrangements.
Pros
Good pay and good bonuses
Cons
balance
love coming to work on daily basis
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Great company to work for, love working with managers. love to come in to office daily. we had guidance for out jobs. great benefits as well bonusus
Pros
vacation days
Cons
breaks short
Terrible place to work
Late Stage Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Exeter is a terrible place to work. They do not pay you enough for the work that you do. Also the supervisors in Late stage collections are very rude, and unprofessional. They also do not know their jobs.
N/a
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Exeter is a great company to work for, Great atmosphere, great people, team members, managers. Its very competitve being that you are collecting over the phone
good place to work
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 20, 2017
good place to work but need something closer and with overtime. The job is in Irving, TX and I live in Fort Worth, TX. It was a good experience though.
Pros
stable job
Cons
need more money and overtime
N/a
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 2, 2017
I have worked my position with Exeter Finance for 4 years and believe that it is time for me to explore more options in the collections field. I do not wish to provide anything more.
Only for a paycheck
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 21, 2017
If you need a paycheck then work here..but if your looking to advance or get pay increases this is not the company for you .. Please save your time...
Not an experience I would care to duplicate
Manager – Loan Services/Dealer Operations & Setup (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 12, 2017
Had a fantastic boss, but there was much in-fighting between managers and higher-ups. New CEO, who has since left, really drove the company into the ground. Culture was iffy at best --- reverse discrimination issues.
Pros
office was close to home
Cons
everything
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Collector (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 28, 2017
The job was laid back and cool at first but then it gets stressful due to the high volume of calls that can take place. The managers and people in my department were really cool.
Pros
Fre lunches, Pto
Cons
Calls, short breaks
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Collector (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 24, 2017
Exeter was a cool job for the most part. I liked the atmosphere and laid back managers in the Customer Service department. I enjoyed my co-workers and talking to customers on the phone.
Pros
Laid- back, free lunches
Cons
Lazy folks, short breaks
ok place to work
Collections Agent II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 22, 2017
I did not like the fact the manager was not helpful, and did not like to work all day on a Saturday. only thing good was the bonus when you received one.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short break
Horrible job security
Collector II (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 21, 2017
Exeter pays well and has benefits, but there is no job security. Your schedule and manager can change monthly. The environment used to be very positive, but it's not that way anymore.
Pros
Hour lunches, company activities
Cons
No job security
Productive Atmosphere
Funding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 20, 2017
Exeter 's work environment is easy going but productive. A lot changes have been made and many more in the works to make the work culture at Exeter even better.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches
Cons
benefits, not alot of room for growth within the company
Great Employment
Credit Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2017
Disclosure: I was an intern from May to Present
Friendly staff and Management, good work life balance. Not amazing opportunities on advancement, however it is a great environment and I'm sad that there are not any part time opportunities available through them.
Pros
Breakfast food Fridays
Cons
Not much advancement opportunities
Productive place to work with growth opportunities
Loss Mitigation Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work as a Loss Mitigation Manager at Exeter Finance was to first greet my team then check for any emails from Executive Management that needed review for any policy or training updates. Then, I would go over strategy with my team of 8-15 agents. Throughout the day I would monitor calls to ensure fair and professional treatment of our customers, ensure policy and procedures were followed and provide feedback and/or coaching to the agents. Quality Assurance was also reviewed and discussed. One on ones were frequently conducted with each agent weekly to go over individual productivity, provide assistance in for any areas of improvement as well as positive feedback and review random call recordings.
I learned the value of working together as a team to achieve goals. Management was helpful in delivering expectations and providing the tools necessary to achieve what was expected. There was a culture of excellence at Exeter both in how our customers were treated as well as how we treated each other in the workplace. The hardest part of my job was delivering write ups or terminations. Those are never enjoyable but are necessary at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was the support of my peers. We always helped each other and worked together very well even though our teams were competing because it was all about hitting or exceeding the goal as a department for the company.
Pros
Company outings, team building activites, free lunches, awards, holiday fun activites
Cons
shift changes
Was good up until a point.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 12, 2017
The job was good except for the almost 3 years I was there the company went through 3 Cat's. They had a horrible attendance policy. I single handedly witnessed a girl throw up on her desk and started crying because she needed to go home but feared that she would be fired due to the attendance policy. The workers only care about themselves even though you are on a team. People will backdoor you on the payments that you take and make them theirs so that you will not get any credit for the work you did and they take all the benefits from your work. Even where there is proof that these people were doing that all they got was a slap on the wrist while the people they were effecting were struggling to maintain their jobs because of it.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
Attendance policy, backdooring employees
Can be a fun place to work, can also feel very cold and depressing at times.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 29, 2017
I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication through out the company, I feel like the managers only care about employees and customers half the time. Supervisor calls get denied, They give you PTO but deny PTO requests, and you get treated like a number rather than a person.
I do on the other hand really enjoy my co-workers.
unfair
auto loan under writer (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 23, 2017
It is an ok place to work until you see all the favoritism and how petty and unfair they can be. Once you get through training you are told to break the policy to save accounts but when they fire u they say its policy!!
Productive environment
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 22, 2017
Collector II
Irving TX
Very focused on customer satisfaction, while also making sure the employees are equipped to handle call flow. Work-life balance pretty good.
Pros
benefits, bonus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exeter Finance LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9