Exeter Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Professional and educational work environment
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NH 03833May 1, 2016
Great hospital to work for. It is very professional and educational. I work with a orthopedic surgeon and I have learned so much. I find training and education to be a big part of making a good work environment.
Does not express the culture of a Magnet Hospital.
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 5, 2016
Staff cuts, Shortages, Mangers do lot lead by example.
Many of the best RNs have left over the last two years.
Low end on RN pay.
Pros
Some fun people to work with
Cons
Not good RN management and admin
very busy smaller NH hospital with with a a great group to work with.
CT Technologist PT (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 1, 2016
Hard working busy CT Dept, with great co-workers and devoted management. Awesome group of Radiologists, the best that I have worked with and for.
Loved my years at Exeter Hospital
Patient Service Representative/ED (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHFebruary 1, 2016
While at Exeter Hospital I worked very closely with the physicians, nurses, and medics in the Emergency Department. I found my work there to be extremely rewarding.
Pros
Loved helping people
Cons
Dynamic Workplace, new things learned every day.
Lab Support Staff Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHOctober 25, 2015
You never know what you're walking into when working in a Hospital. I work all shifts, very flexible, hard working, eager to learn and overall efficient with my job skills. I have enjoyed my time with Exeter Hospital and my co-workers.
Pros
Work is always different each day
Cons
Not enough pay
Busy work environment
OB Tech II (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 28, 2015
Work place was nice. Management did not do much in the way of my shift. Night shift concerns were pushed aside. Complaints were not dealt with by management.
Pros
I loved helping patients
Cons
Night shift was hard...no sleep
Not the best place to work
Lab support staff (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHSeptember 16, 2015
The employees are not engaged in their work and people seem to be unhappy there. Not enough time training new hires which creates stress on them and the established employees.
Pros
Benefits are good and pay is market value
Cons
Management and no sense of community in patient care
current job status
Clinical Leader/ Vascular Access Nurse (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 23, 2015
Our hospital has gone through a lot of changes trying to keep up with the new regulatory requirements. There have been many challenging aspects with staff cuts. My co-workers are wonderful and supportive of each other. The hardest part of my job is the increased demands on staff due to decreased staff. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and co-workers.
Pros
relationship based care
Cons
nurses have many reponsibilities beyond nursing; shortended transport staff hours, keeping patients safe due to decreased staff available
co-workers make the environment pleasant to work there.
Data Entry Associate, Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 18, 2015
greeting patients, entering information in computer, learning that not everyone is happy to be there. learning how to prioritize jobs that may come your way. being cross trained in several areas helps everyone.getting along and excepting peoples personalities is the hardest but most rewarding. hardest part of the job is when a procedure has a negative outcome. the most enjoyable is when people come back to visit or family comes in to say home much they appreciated everything you did for them.
Not a bad place to work
Licensed Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter HospitalJanuary 25, 2015
Good place to work, hospital cares about pt's and employees. Definately a place where you can grow, most management has employees backs and try to be supportive with work and family balances. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
co workers everyone in hospital works together
Cons
evaluation system for employees
Very interesting place to work, something new everyday.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exter, NHSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work...begins with reading reports from the evening occurrences.
I learned how hospitals work from behind the scenes, up to the floors.
Working with management has always been interesting for me. You learn to handle all types of personalities and problems.
Pros
the company showed their employee appreciation very well through the years. free lunches and awards.
Cons
working in healthcare you are exposed to sad situations and very unhappy people.
Pharmacy staff work together to get the work done and enjoy working as a team.
Pharmacy Director (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NH 03883November 12, 2013
Progressive hospital Pharmacy services, Clinical ICU Pharmacist rounds daily with ICU intensivist. Oncology certified pharmacist oversees outpatient clinic and inpatient oncology services as needed, Work load is variable and staff works together to get the work done in a timely manner, The hardest part of the job is balancing the work load and prioritizing what needs to be next, The Pharmacy department most enjoyable activities are making a difference in improving patient care and outcomes. Social events such as summer pool parties and holiday parties are optimal times to get to know the staff at build bonds with each other
Pros
its a community hospital and staff get to know each other.
Cons
parking can be challenging, cafeteria can be backed up and not enough time to relax and socialize with coworkers
A place that you care about working and that takes care of you.
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHAugust 16, 2012
I feel a great sense of pride working for Exeter Hospital. We are not a large facility, yet we are very community centric. We reach out to make our community better by providing our patients a safe, clean comfortable environment in which to receive their care. I haven't met a larger group of co-workers who are all dedicated to the patients and making their care our the greatest priority. The company recognizes our contributions in many small ways even though times are tight such as personalized letters from our CEO during the holidays, department pizza or catered food parties from time to time just to say thanks for the hard work, and an environment where you feel comfortable thinking outside the box and offering alternative points of view.
Pros
great co-workers, friendly environment, not too big, very clean and well decorated not some old dungeon like inner city hospitals.
Scheduled outpatient procedures
Patient Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 24, 2013
Direct contact with Doctors, nurses, patients and hospital employees to schedule outpatient procedures.
Worked with ICD-9 and CPT Codes
My group recorded record low error ratings
Pros
security and benefits
Cons
ability for advancement and salary
It was an awesome place to work.people were great.
EVS Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 26, 2012
Was very busy at night,alot of discharges, i was taught how to use the computer for discharges, all bosses were great ,I loved working with my coworkers, was learning the computer, going to work I love working with people.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Team/family values a great place to work
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHOctober 22, 2013
Fast paced and hectic all hands on deck!
Cooperation/communication between managers clinical coordinators and co-workers
Staying removed from the emotional aspect of illness
Seeing positive outcomes from patients
Per diem
Cardiovascular Specialist (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 13, 2013
This was a per diem position for a few months. The cath lab staff was short handed and needed help with call rotations. The staff were kind and fun to be around. I enjoyed my experience there.
An exceptional hospital and work place
LNA/PACU/Pre-Post Surgical (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 9, 2013
Great teamwork with accommodating managers. I am still finding my place in the healthcare field and Exeter has few openings for new positions.
Registered Nurse-Pre-Anesthesia Department (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 13, 2014
Exeter Hospital has wonderful employees that work collaboratively for the patient best patient outcomes.
workplace with slow pace, not challenging.
PACU STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 24, 2012
small community hospital with little new learning opportunities.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
24 hr call shifts every 3rd weekend

Exeter Hospital Reviews by Location