Exide Technologies Employee Reviews

Great people at our branch.
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arbutus, MDJanuary 8, 2016
Lots of phone calls, walk-in customers. Got to meet a lot of interesting people buying batteries. My manager was a great person to work for and I miss working for him. The warehouse people were great to work with and I got to know them well. Talking and working with these people was the best part of my day. A typical day was always busy with calls and walk-ins lots of data entry of orders printing out the next days deliveries for the truckers and daily conference calls. I loved my job and the people who worked with me.
enjoyed working there
Warehouse/relief driver (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Exide and with the people I dealt with and worked with. The worst part of the job was working with battery acid. Its kinda hard on the skin and clothes
Great for corporate people/ nightmare for warehouse and delivery
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 27, 2015
the worse job I ever had, the most stingy company I ever worked for, the worst warehouse manager I ever had. super heavy acid burning stinking.
Pros
weekly pay check
Cons
acid, smell acid burns .30 cent raise a year if you lucky 2 time bankrupt.
Ok at first, too much confusion, no real leadership
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA at GNB Battery plantDecember 18, 2015
absolutely loved this position because of the great challenge of learning Lead / Acid Gel/AGM Battery production, from raw materials to completed product. So much differing types of equipment here! Lack of skilled management in H.R. as well as engineering really causes this job to be very long and tiring, without leaving newer technicians in place long enough to truly learn that equipment technology. Too many changes in upper personnel, and NO job security, but great pay and benefits.
Pros
Interesting and educational
Cons
Long hours, Wrong people complaining, and social (people, operators) skills overlooked as this is critical to understanding problem solving.
Good challenging environment
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2015
Constant change.
Culture is diverse.
Customers are loyal.
Team is supportive.
Great for people with operation experience.
really liked working with co-workers
Group Leader, I (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNDecember 8, 2015
coming in everyday wasn't hard cause we worked so much we were more like family. really miss the factory life, it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter but i really loved it. wish the plant had never shut down
Pros
working wasn't really like working but we got the job done and under budget all the time
Cons
worked all the time
I was responsible for the calibration and documentation for all gauges that were used for the production of our product.
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 27, 2015
I believe that my past experience and my education was utilized to its fullest extent at EXIDE. I enjoyed the work that I did and the time I was there seemed to pass rather quickly.
Pros
Great Benifits, Holiday free meals
Cons
not enough overtime
The Exide Technologies Hub is now a "Turn Key" operation
Hub Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 9, 2015
Exide is an excellent company to work for. There is great opportunity for advancement and great team members to work with.
Pros
Plenty of overtime opportunity
Cons
Plenty of overtime opportunity
Was a great place to work when I first started there.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 16, 2015
Operating Plastic Injection Molding Machines(hand lugging). Quality inspection of product. Trimming flash(extra plastic) from product. Learned Manual and Automatic Operations of machines. Had great 3rd shift Supervisor which moved to a different department. Management was know to not follow through with things they said they were going to do. Co-workers were fine. Not as motivated I myself. They were a little immature. The hardest part was learning a new machine but a nice challenge. The most enjoyable part was the fast pace and staying busy.
Pros
Overtime was available.
Cons
Lay-offs, cut back in hours, no overtime. No Promotions. 2 Chapter 11's in 10 years.
No chance for advancement or compensation
Financial Risk Analyst/Manager (Current Employee) –  13000 Deerfield Pkwy #200 Milton, GA 30004September 16, 2015
Multiple bankruptcies. Management without skill set necessary to fulfill obligations. No chance for advancement or compensation. Extremely low moral with no attempt to address.
Pros
My associates.
Cons
No recognition of acheivements.
okay
production (Former Employee) –  muncie, inSeptember 11, 2015
it was okay just really bad for your health but pay good and really good benefits but some overtime required without warning
Pros
pay
Cons
your health
Production Battery Plant
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GaSeptember 9, 2015
Produce batteries daily, strive to hit target numbers. Safety , quality and production. Coach, train and develop staff and team leads. Follow and implement Safety.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Lead environment
A typical day at work
Team Lead of Finishing Department (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 8, 2015
problem solving, implementing Toyota Production Systems programs, Implement A3’s, Supervision of production, successfully managed production activities so all orders were shipped on time, Investigated and implement ideas for quality improvement, increased productivity and cost reduction, managed documentation of and training on production procedures and work instructions, made sure that products were produce on time and are of good quality, set up and verified the functionality of safety equipment
Good job
Hadi Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 24, 2015
On average checking machine and performing general maintenance during break downs, checking product for quality at the end of each cycle.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Really hot in plant and have to wear a respirator
production
universal operator (Former Employee) –  Lampeter paAugust 3, 2015
not a bad place to work management was not the best but i made the best of it. more worried about production # then the safety of the employees at times
Pros
air condition in departments but two
Cons
added more job responsibilities to an operator
A good employer to work for.
Finishing Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 24, 2015
I enjoy my job, I think this is a great company to work for, and the pay is very good. I don't have anything bad to say about working for Exide.
Efficient Global manufacure
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2015
Exide Technologies is a global manufacture of stored energy. The company specializes in automobile, industrial and marine batteries. It sometimes designed and build the store energy to meet customers specification like the US Army.
Fast paced
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  MOJuly 23, 2015
Enjoyable job feeling of completion at days end, hardest part was retaining qualified truck drivers in todays market.
Pros
compensation
Cons
customer demands
Hard work is rewarded
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJuly 20, 2015
Exide is a place where you can express yourself and are rewarded for hard work. There is a lot of lean manufacturing training and opportunities to make improvements. Unfortunately Upper management has made some poor decisions,usually because of budget problems. Lots of good people in a company struggling to survive.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities
Cons
Poor working environment, small budgets
Consultant (Power Supply/Hardware Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 30, 2015
Very productive lean work force. Research & Development group assignments were all interesting and technically challenging. Management encouraged and created an atmosphere for innovative staff problem solving along with pleasant constructive work environment.