Exide Technologies

Exide Technologies Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Wixom, MIJuly 9, 2014
Pros: weekends off & great pay
Cons: health hazards & lots of heavy lifting
Long days at work went by fast because you were always busy.
Managers were always flexible and made every effort to meet your needs.
Lead Driver - Hazmat
Lead Driver, Special Transportation Industry (Former Employee), Sumner, WAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pay, good manager.
Prepared, palletized batteries for delivery. This included decaling and testing batteries.

Delivered batteries and picked-up battery cores for a variety of businesses in the northwest.

Hazmat and forklift experienced.
Assembly Line & Distribution
Assembly Line Worker / Distribution (Former Employee), Bristol, TNJune 3, 2014
Inventory inspection, labeling & tagging, shipment preparations.
Real customer oriented organization
VP & GM Mexico and Export (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 30, 2014
Starting assuring every activity is oriented to improve revenue, and optimize/reduce administration, sales and distribution expenses.
Minimal supervision, if any always base on results, friendly work atmosphere and very well define objectives.
injoyed work, work was fun, never minded going to work
DC production Line Worker (Former Employee), Bristol, TNApril 27, 2014
start day with safety meeting and all that we needed to get accomplished that day. I learned that there are so many type of batteries for so many different things. Management was great. They always treated you good as long as you did your job and stayed away from drama in the work place. Hardest part of the job was lifting and tugging 150 to 175lb batteries. – more... I enjoyed putting the plaques on the batteries and volt checking them. I hated to see it shut its doors in Bristol operations. I could have seen myself there for a long time. – less
hard work
material handler and order picker (Former Employee), Bristol, TNApril 9, 2014
Pros: good boss
Cons: poor working conditions pay not much
hard work but I liked it 1st steady job don't think I could do it now.
Energetic and Active Work Place
District Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJMarch 29, 2014
Exide Technologies is a fantastic place to work. I enoy waht I have learned here through my upper managment. However Exide claimed banruptcy last year. I am looking to take my proven track record result to a finacially stable company in the southeast
COS Operator (Former Employee), Salina, KansasMarch 12, 2014
its hot... the hours are long... and it can be hard work... but the pay is good... management is fair to everyone...
Counterproductive setting
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: no structure
My day to day activities as a supervisor are very hectic with little to know learning curve for a new employee coming into this company. I thrive on a challenge however with the challenge comes the opportunity to succeed when given new ask to do, not to be given a new task to fail. In a nutshell Exide is and can be a much more successful company with – more... all of their employees if structure is set and everyone has a clear understanding of the direction of the company with managers communicating with supervisors, to supervisors getting the proper information to inform direct reports overall vision for the company. I can say that Exide has many employees who have been there just as long as I've been alive however I have heard from the employees themselves its because of the monetary compensation that made them hang around not the organization of the company. – less
Good pay, tough working conditions
Formation Process Attendant/Formation Trainer (Former Employee), Bristol, TNFebruary 24, 2014
Exide allowed me to provide for my family for many years. Their pay was above average but the company required extreme dedication to remain employed. I feel I can work anywhere after having been employed with Exide.
Enjoyable environment
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee), Milton, GAFebruary 14, 2014
Overall, had an enjoyable working career here.

Rated management low due to lack of training when first beginning on the job, also lack of leadership in a direct manager in majority of my time there.

A general atmosphere of a team of customer service personnel who helped each other. Had a great roster of clients. Good company overall!
PRODUCTIVE BUT CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
Lead Warehouse Associate / Relief Driver (Current Employee), Moosic, PAFebruary 10, 2014
PEOPLE ARE SO EASY TO WORK WITH. CASUAL WORK ENVIRONMENT. VERY BUSY BUT, EASY WORKLOAD. PAID HOLIDAYS, PERSONAL DAYS, AND VACATION TIME.
Establishing Relationships With Clients
Branch Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LaFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: team work & communication between the corporate empoyees & myself.
Cons: n/a
Contacting Clients to follow up on the potential demand for product, answering any questions ie; billing, product whatever the needs are.
I learned to demand for the variety of product we offered.
supervision was disrespectfull
TTP welder opperator (Former Employee), Manchester, IAJanuary 14, 2014
Cons: heat, antique machinery.molten lead and constant burns
any small mistake made could get you screamed at by supervisors. much like a day at boot camp in the army. It was degrading. The majority of employees were very arrogant and unaccepting of new people .Monthly blood testing for lead exposure .required heavy rubber resparators in unbearable heat.This was not an enjoyable place to work.
hard work, great pay,
EMT/Group Leader/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Bristol, TNJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits
Cons: hazardous environment, lead and acid, respirators
business decisions and a bad economy forced the corp. to close the plant. If I could have stayed I would have.
the plant got shutdown in bristol Tn
Process control engineer (Former Employee), Bristol TnDecember 30, 2013
Pros: good benefit
Cons: health insurance
was good place to work in but bad chemical environment. overall was good place
day starts off fast then slows down
warehouse worker/driver (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 10, 2013
A typical day at Exide starts of getting batteries load on trucks to be shipped out. Then once your finished with that you have to wait until all the new orders are finished being placed which could take up to 5 hours. I didn't have any coworkers in the warehouse with me so i worked by myself majority of the time.
Unsafe, dirty, Toxic, extremely hot
Maintenance Technician I (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSNovember 1, 2013
Pros: fairly good pay
Cons: bad beifits, company has declared bankruptcy, toxic work environment, no 401k match ( for hourly people ) unsafe working conditions
This company recently declared bankruptcy. The work environment is unsafe at best. Dust collection systems for the lead dust in the air routinely do not work from lack of parts that are deemed to expensive. During summer temperatures on the work floor are routinely over 100 degrees F. There are little if any cool zones to help stop heat exhaustion.
Good place to work.
Material Handler / Shipping - Operated Fork Lift (Former Employee), Bristol, TNOctober 31, 2013
Good place to work & good coworkers. Company had management problems. Company filed for Chapter 11 & closed. Enjoyed my job & was always willing to do any job that was requested & work overtime if needed.
Good working environment
Corporate Engineer/Project Engineer (Former Employee), Milton, GAOctober 30, 2013
It was a great working environment.

The problem solving approaches were very effective.

1 2 3 4 5