Exide Technologies Employee Reviews

New to working in an office building setting
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Did not care to much for sitting in a cubical all day on the phone, but I did how ever enjoy the conversations and accomplishments I was able to make over the phone. Moving lead from one location to another. I maintained two of the largest smelters in the central region of the US. And it was quite challenging. Friendly competition was always around with fellow co-workers and great incentives.
Pros
Very rewarding job, and great benefits and pay
Cons
working in a cubical all day.
Company in Transition (Again)
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2016
This is a great company to gain experience and develop skills. Most areas are disjointed and the company has never look at finding best practices and rolling it out as a standard.

The company has been through two bankruptcies. Each time a new leadership team is brought in, they hire their old friends and colleagues. They eventually never deliver and move on to new jobs outside the company.

Most of the veteran employees have left the company over the last two years.
Pros
great benefits and compensation
Cons
lack true strong corporate identity, very few opportunities for advancement, leadership not trusted.
It's Hot
Checker (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSNovember 28, 2016
It is a great place to work, but the days are hot and long. Management is getting better at communication, but they are still working out the bugs.Overall it is a good place to make money, and the benefits aren't terrible either.
Good at first.
Route Driver/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 3, 2016
When I first started it was a great job with a good hourly rate. But as soon as they saw that I was going in to overtime they changed me to salary, then of course started working me up to 60 hours a week. At times I was asked to do jobs that would take me well past the legal limits for my position. When I asked about rules and laws I was given the run around and never got a straight answer.
Pros
Pay at first
Cons
Upper management
Cronyism rampant. Management with childlike mentality.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 2, 2017
Very bad health environment. Harsh working conditions. Highest levels of management "fooled" by plant management. Treated people with disrespect. Absolutely worst job I have ever had. Everyone in Bristol area knows about terrible reputation of this plant. Extreme turnover rate. Had to hire large group every couple of weeks to maintain workforce. As many as half didn't make it through orientation period. A group of "good ole boys and girls" ruled the plant. No dissension possible without retaliation due to tight personal relationship between production management and HR management.
Despite bad working conditions, could have been Ok place to work if management would have treated people fairly and with dignity.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention.
Good pay, terrible management
Circuit Tender (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 18, 2016
I worked for the company for 7 years. I had no advancement opportunities and no pay increases the last 3 years (but management got raises and bonuses regularly). No leadership from the plant manager down to the supervisors and they don't care about employee safety. I worked directly with the batteries that came from assembly and I WOULD NEVER BUY AN EXIDE BRAND BATTERY. Not a bitter employee but I personally know and saw first hand that they sell bad and defective batteries to customers (many get returned regularly). The company pays well and has good insurance which is about the only good thing as well as plenty of required overtime.
Pros
Good pay and good insurance. Plenty of overtime
Cons
Terrible management/HR, no job security
Great coworkers for the most part.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 17, 2016
Constant lead AND Cadmium exposure.
Safety is non existent! (Hit in face with an acetylene torch 2nd week)
Extreme heat environment with not enough cool down breaks.
Maintenance purchases cheapest tools possible from Harbor Freight.
Community showers. I.e. men with men and women with women and no privacy barriers.
Blood lead levels subject to increase rapidly. No blood lead monitoring after leaving. Takes months if not years to return to normal.
Worst job, bar none, in my over 35 years in industrial plants!!!!!!!
Even shorted over $400 in pay and forced to wait 3 weeks for it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else. Management is severely lacking!
Intimidation, cronyism and incompetence
Power Electronics (Current Employee) –  Milton, GANovember 18, 2016
Completely unproductive environment. Management has VP's and CEO snowed. Massive waste of company resources. Doing what's right for the company takes a backseat.to power and job security. Current management is absolutely horrible. Highest turnover rate in the entire company.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Incompetent management
Ok at first, too much confusion, no real leadership
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA at GNB Battery plantDecember 18, 2015
absolutely loved this position because of the great challenge of learning Lead / Acid Gel/AGM Battery production, from raw materials to completed product. So much differing types of equipment here! Lack of skilled management in H.R. as well as engineering really causes this job to be very long and tiring, without leaving newer technicians in place long enough to truly learn that equipment technology. Too many changes in upper personnel, and NO job security, but great pay and benefits.
Pros
Interesting and educational
Cons
Long hours, Wrong people complaining, and social (people, operators) skills overlooked as this is critical to understanding problem solving.
Good company but bad leadership
Buy/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 11, 2016
It's a good company but a bad plant in Columbus, Georgia. The upper management particularly plant manager, operations manager and human resources manager do not understand the concept of team work. They plot against employees instead of help them. They use people as scapegoats when they are the ones that should be investigated. If corporate don't look further into their actions and behaviors they could be shutting down this facility.
Pros
Good coworkers who really believes in teamwork.
Cons
plant manager have everyone against each other
Good place to work with a lot of good people
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 9, 2017
Most of the management team while I was employed here was very good to work and genuinely cared about you not only as an employee but cared about you and your family away from the job also.
Overall i liked the job and the experience with the people.
Belt Technician (Former Employee) –  Salina ks.November 26, 2016
Get to know how to do as many as jobs as possible. It is a good company to be employed at. Offloader and it was not hard to do i liked my hours and i loved my amount of pay that i got for the service.
Great for corporate people/ nightmare for warehouse and delivery
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 27, 2015
the worse job I ever had, the most stingy company I ever worked for, the worst warehouse manager I ever had. super heavy acid burning stinking.
Pros
weekly pay check
Cons
acid, smell acid burns .30 cent raise a year if you lucky 2 time bankrupt.
Great paying jobs with a poor company
Production (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 21, 2014
Exide has declared bankruptcy twice in the last ten years, and is still fighting to get out of their current bankruptcy position. Jobs pay well with decent benefits, but it's a hazardous, lead-filled work environment. Promotions are based on seniority - not performance results. Management/executive leadership focuses more on some departments while leaving others to fend for themselves. They could be a great company if things ever turn around, but it doesn't seem too likely.
Pros
Pay, benefits, discounts
Cons
Long hours, hazardous environment, poor leadership
Great pay and benefits, hard work, questionable job security
Material Handler/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 27, 2013
The typical day consisted of a 12 hour shift of demending physical labor in either very hot or cold conditions. Picking orders at full speed in order to keep up with finishing lines.

As an Exide employee I learned what it means to initally struggle with a job and overcome those struggles through perseverance.

Management at the plant level was a joy to work with.

Co-workers were on the whole a good hardworking bunch with few exceptions.

The hardest part of the job was the almost constant stream of back orders due to poor decision making at the corporate level.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of a strenuous days work.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Out of touch corporate management.
I was responsible for the calibration and documentation for all gauges that were used for the production of our product.
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 27, 2015
I believe that my past experience and my education was utilized to its fullest extent at EXIDE. I enjoyed the work that I did and the time I was there seemed to pass rather quickly.
Pros
Great Benifits, Holiday free meals
Cons
not enough overtime
No chance for advancement or compensation
Financial Risk Analyst/Manager (Current Employee) –  13000 Deerfield Pkwy #200 Milton, GA 30004September 16, 2015
Multiple bankruptcies. Management without skill set necessary to fulfill obligations. No chance for advancement or compensation. Extremely low moral with no attempt to address.
Pros
My associates.
Cons
No recognition of acheivements.
Counterproductive setting
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 26, 2014
My day to day activities as a supervisor are very hectic with little to know learning curve for a new employee coming into this company. I thrive on a challenge however with the challenge comes the opportunity to succeed when given new ask to do, not to be given a new task to fail. In a nutshell Exide is and can be a much more successful company with all of their employees if structure is set and everyone has a clear understanding of the direction of the company with managers communicating with supervisors, to supervisors getting the proper information to inform direct reports overall vision for the company. I can say that Exide has many employees who have been there just as long as I've been alive however I have heard from the employees themselves its because of the monetary compensation that made them hang around not the organization of the company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No Structure
route sales closed
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 9, 2016
Closed sales area after working for the company. I really liked working in route sales and traveling all over Indiana. This is something I am looking forward to finding again.
Great Manager, good people to work with in the factory.
Employee Relations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 6, 2013
Check attendance, do write ups for supervisors. Keep track of vacation days, perfect attendance. Put all new and changes into the maintenance file in META4 for all employees.
Learned how to help get ready for contract negotiations and how to give and take to settle.
My Manager was a great boss, he left me do my own things and when he was out I did some of the important things that needed to be done in his absence. He taught me alot.
Affirmative Action, keeping everything up to date.
Being able to develop a repore with all the employees and have the come to see me when they have a question or problem.
Pros
Good benefits, comparable pay, nice work environment.
Cons
Salaried health care was a little on the expensive side.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exide Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9