Exide Technologies Employee Reviews

production
universal operator (Former Employee), Lampeter paAugust 3, 2015
Pros: air condition in departments but two
Cons: added more job responsibilities to an operator
not a bad place to work management was not the best but i made the best of it. more worried about production # then the safety of the employees at times
A good employer to work for.
Finishing Operator (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 24, 2015
I enjoy my job, I think this is a great company to work for, and the pay is very good. I don't have anything bad to say about working for Exide.
Efficient Global manufacure
Chemist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2015
Exide Technologies is a global manufacture of stored energy. The company specializes in automobile, industrial and marine batteries. It sometimes designed and build the store energy to meet customers specification like the US Army.
Fast paced
District Operations Manager (Former Employee), MOJuly 23, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: customer demands
Enjoyable job feeling of completion at days end, hardest part was retaining qualified truck drivers in todays market.
Hard work is rewarded
Supervisor (Former Employee), Salina, KSJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Lots of learning opportunities
Cons: Poor working environment, small budgets
Exide is a place where you can express yourself and are rewarded for hard work. There is a lot of lean manufacturing training and opportunities to make improvements. Unfortunately Upper management has made some poor decisions,usually because of budget problems. Lots of good people in a company struggling to survive.
Consultant (Power Supply/Hardware Engineer) (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 30, 2015
Very productive lean work force. Research & Development group assignments were all interesting and technically challenging. Management encouraged and created an atmosphere for innovative staff problem solving along with pleasant constructive work environment.
This job compensated you by how hard you worked, I made great money.
battery line worker/ leader (Former Employee), Bristol, TNJune 16, 2015
Pros: The money and health benefits
Cons: lead contamination
The hours were long. I lost down to my perfect weight. I loved the fast paced environment. My managers were all great. Sometimes the workload would cause co-workers to be irritable and jealous when you made better money than them. It was noticeable by how many batteries you put out daily.
Tough Environment
Accountant (Former Employee), Milton, GAJune 10, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: The long hours and bad technology
In bankruptcy and it was a very tough environment. The hours were very long and the technology dated back to the 1990's. Not a great work/life balance but some very good and smart people.
Amazing Company
Vortex Machine Operator (Former Employee), TNMay 23, 2015
Promotion from within, well paid employees that work hard for the money they make but are the best at what they do and the product they make
Unstable family life
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Very good pay rate
Cons: Lack of management, lead exposure
Constant change of work schedule with short notice. Unable to properly manage people, plant and materials. All around unsecure place to be employed.
Work Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Vernon, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: always learning something new
Cons: too much gossip
It was a nice place to work, with excellent co-workers, and environment. The hardest part was the heat from the furnaces, I learned you must keep the production going 24/7. The management can change orders at any moment.
Very Very long days or nights.
Inline operator (Former Employee), Bristol TNMay 2, 2015
Pros: the money was good
Cons: Very long days and hot environment
The work environment was very hot and dangerous. Supervisors varied some good and some not so good but overall a fulfilling job until unforeseen circumstances arose in which I was needed somewhere else.
good people
Assembler/Production (Current Employee), Manchester, IAApril 15, 2015
Pros: good people, great supervisors
Cons: uncertain future
lots of good people and great supervisors. uncertain future. company went through bankruptcy and is now in proccess of laying off people and giving loyal employee paycuts.
STABLE WORK PLACE
Material Handler (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 9, 2015
VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK. LONG HOURS BUT GREAT PAY AND BENEFITS. A TYPICAL DAY GOES BY FAST. YOU HAVE A BREAK EVERY TWO HOURS SO YOU CAN GO ALL OUT. THE SUPERVISORS OR PRETTY GOOD ITS JUST THE LINE LEADERS THAT SCREW YOU OVER. BUT OTHER THAN THAT ITS A JOY TO WORK THERE
Maintenance of machinery
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Frisco, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Working days and being home at night with my family. The people I worked with were also great.
Cons: Face mask (to protect from lead in air), company went bankrupt, company closed in Frisco.
At Exide I was a Maintenance Tech keeping the battery recycling machines up and running. I enjoy the maintenance side of the job. I took pride in helping to train others in the field. Hardest part of the job was having to wear a full face mask/respirator because of the lead in the air.
A company for opportunity
Refinery Operator (Former Employee), Vernon, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work in different departments
Cons: plant closure
I am very honored to have worked Exide Technologies, the people that I have worked with we're very helpful for me to learn my job, but what I mostly like about Exide Technologies was caring about the workers safety they show a lot of concern and compassion. The job wasn't hard because everybody worked together,helping each other out. I am glad that exide Technologies give me a chance. I will miss them.
Learning experience
Health & Safety Manager (Current Employee), Vernon, CAMarch 13, 2015
Very good safety orientated culture, I enjoy working with Exide and learn so much, great work team and environment. Very flexible with hours so you can have a balance work/life.
Great co-workers and bosses. Very secure job.
Assembly supervisor (Current Employee), Fairfax, KSMarch 8, 2015
My fellow co-workers are very helpful when you have a question about anything. When I got promoted the first time to team leader I was trained by different people for a total of 3 months before I was left on my own. The plant that I work at is the most efficient plant in North America for Exide, so we know that our plant is here to stay.
Not that amazing
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Plant OperationsFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable plant personnel in many cases
Cons: turnover, uncertain future
Company filed for Bankruptcy protection for second time in 2013; serious shortage of funding for ongoing operations. Auto battery business is very competitive, lots of turnover of managers as company sorts out it's overall business model. Plant personnel are generally knowledgeable, but lacks strong executive vision to drive growth and avoid being clobbered by the major producers in the market like Johnson Controls.
Bankrupt
Distribution Center Checker (Current Employee), Salina, KSFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: variable work scheduel
I work in the elements, when its hot its hot, and when its cold its cold. I appreciate hard work and this job is nothing less. There is a lot of heavy lifting on a daily basis. management sometimes seems a little confused, they will tell you one thing and you will do another. There are a lot of good people that work there, hardships with bankruptcies has put a lot of stress and demand on different departments in the plant. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to work along-side good friends in which I have established great relationships.