Exide Technologies

Exide Technologies Employee Reviews

Unstable family life
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Very good pay rate
Cons: Lack of management, lead exposure
Constant change of work schedule with short notice. Unable to properly manage people, plant and materials. All around unsecure place to be employed.
Work Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Vernon, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: always learning something new
Cons: too much gossip
It was a nice place to work, with excellent co-workers, and environment. The hardest part was the heat from the furnaces, I learned you must keep the production going 24/7. The management can change orders at any moment.
Very Very long days or nights.
Inline operator (Former Employee), Bristol TNMay 2, 2015
Pros: the money was good
Cons: Very long days and hot environment
The work environment was very hot and dangerous. Supervisors varied some good and some not so good but overall a fulfilling job until unforeseen circumstances arose in which I was needed somewhere else.
good people
Assembler/Production (Current Employee), Manchester, IAApril 15, 2015
Pros: good people, great supervisors
Cons: uncertain future
lots of good people and great supervisors. uncertain future. company went through bankruptcy and is now in proccess of laying off people and giving loyal employee paycuts.
STABLE WORK PLACE
Material Handler (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 9, 2015
VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK. LONG HOURS BUT GREAT PAY AND BENEFITS. A TYPICAL DAY GOES BY FAST. YOU HAVE A BREAK EVERY TWO HOURS SO YOU CAN GO ALL OUT. THE SUPERVISORS OR PRETTY GOOD ITS JUST THE LINE LEADERS THAT SCREW YOU OVER. BUT OTHER THAN THAT ITS A JOY TO WORK THERE
Maintenance of machinery
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Frisco, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Working days and being home at night with my family. The people I worked with were also great.
Cons: Face mask (to protect from lead in air), company went bankrupt, company closed in Frisco.
At Exide I was a Maintenance Tech keeping the battery recycling machines up and running. I enjoy the maintenance side of the job. I took pride in helping to train others in the field. Hardest part of the job was having to wear a full face mask/respirator because of the lead in the air.
A company for opportunity
Refinery Operator (Former Employee), Vernon, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work in different departments
Cons: plant closure
I am very honored to have worked Exide Technologies, the people that I have worked with we're very helpful for me to learn my job, but what I mostly like about Exide Technologies was caring about the workers safety they show a lot of concern and compassion. The job wasn't hard because everybody worked together,helping each other out. I am glad that exide Technologies give me a chance. I will miss them.
Learning experience
Health & Safety Manager (Current Employee), Vernon, CAMarch 13, 2015
Very good safety orientated culture, I enjoy working with Exide and learn so much, great work team and environment. Very flexible with hours so you can have a balance work/life.
Great co-workers and bosses. Very secure job.
Assembly supervisor (Current Employee), Fairfax, KSMarch 8, 2015
My fellow co-workers are very helpful when you have a question about anything. When I got promoted the first time to team leader I was trained by different people for a total of 3 months before I was left on my own. The plant that I work at is the most efficient plant in North America for Exide, so we know that our plant is here to stay.
Not that amazing
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Plant OperationsFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable plant personnel in many cases
Cons: turnover, uncertain future
Company filed for Bankruptcy protection for second time in 2013; serious shortage of funding for ongoing operations. Auto battery business is very competitive, lots of turnover of managers as company sorts out it's overall business model. Plant personnel are generally knowledgeable, but lacks strong executive vision to drive growth and avoid being clobbered by the major producers in the market like Johnson Controls.
Bankrupt
Distribution Center Checker (Current Employee), Salina, KSFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: variable work scheduel
I work in the elements, when its hot its hot, and when its cold its cold. I appreciate hard work and this job is nothing less. There is a lot of heavy lifting on a daily basis. management sometimes seems a little confused, they will tell you one thing and you will do another. There are a lot of good people that work there, hardships with bankruptcies has put a lot of stress and demand on different departments in the plant. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to work along-side good friends in which I have established great relationships.
great people !!!
Senior Materials Handler (Former Employee), Manchester, IAJanuary 21, 2015
I worked in two plants, Manchester, Ia and Bristol, Tn. The Manchester plant was a GEM ! Great people, wonderful management, just a great place over all ! Bristol, however was at the other end of the spectrum, its hard to believe they were the same company, however the pay, benefits and home life were good.
exide
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Earth City, MOJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: no futuer
company filled bankrupt 2013 long hours no 401 k.Battery company st lous mo
Hard Work and Incompetent Management
Laborer (Current Employee), Forest City, MODecember 8, 2014
Pros: health ins, okay pay.
Cons: extreme heat/cold, favoritism.
Typical Day: Depending on your job and/or shift depends on your start time. You show up, clock in, change into your uniform, don your respirator and head to your department. You'll either sweat to death or freeze to death. You'll work your butt off with little to no appreciation from most supervisors.

Learned: I have learned how to operate heavy equipment such as a front loader, fork lift and excavator.

Management: Management is a freaking joke. They have their heads shoved up their own...... They care not about the employee but only making themselves look good. Nothing is the fault of management, its always the employee.

Co-workers: Its like being back in high school but 100 times worse. Everybody can't seem to mind their own business and have to gossip about this person or that person. I've had better work experiences with dead bodies.

Hardest Part: Clocking in

Most Enjoyable: Showering out and then clocking out.
Allways up for the challenge to make things work for the best.
Warehouse Team Leader-Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte , NCDecember 4, 2014
My typical day at work is making sure the drivers and warehouse co-workers understand there job duties for that day so things will run smooth, and assist my manger for any issues with inbound and outbound product or with any of the co-workers. Checking my work emails on the regular so I will not miss any important emails from our customers or from our headquarters. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a team player so everything will work together, and always have a smile on my face.
Good Company Benefits
Regional Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Milton GaDecember 3, 2014
Great Benefits
Monthly Dept Activities
Nice Holiday List
Met a lot of life long friends
Able to take care of my sons who are now in college
alright place
Hi Tek Helper (Former Employee), Bristol, TNOctober 30, 2014
very strict work environment, always about production then people come second there
Very hard place to work
Machine operator (Former Employee), Bristol Tn.October 21, 2014
Pros: definitly the money
Cons: they closed hardest job ive ever seen!
they pushed you very hard for numbers, instead of quality!
the Money was amazing! but at the end they cut in half
Working under Ch. 11 is difficult
Category Manager Analyst (Current Employee), Milton, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: some good people
Cons: you never know if you'll have a job tomorrow
I work with some great people who work under difficult circumstance being in bankruptcy for the past 1.5 years.

It's been trying at times, but we work together. Management still isn't that engaged with regular employees.
Good company with good people
Plant controller (Former Employee), Forest City, MOSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: worked with good people
Cons: due to deadlines very little freedom for time off.
Responsible for all daily production entries and any financial performances on a day to day operations. At month end and beginning performed the month end close and reported to our corporate office. Responsible for reporting results and variances that were created from month end financials. Worked closely with various employees and other managers in the office. Very good relationship. The hardest part of the job was the extra travel that was required. Some were at difficult time for family responsibilities. The enjoyable part of my job was being able to report good results to corporate and and local employees.

1 2 3 4 5