Exide Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Company in Transition (Again)
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2016
This is a great company to gain experience and develop skills. Most areas are disjointed and the company has never look at finding best practices and rolling it out as a standard.

The company has been through two bankruptcies. Each time a new leadership team is brought in, they hire their old friends and colleagues. They eventually never deliver and move on to new jobs outside the company.

Most of the veteran employees have left the company over the last two years.
Pros
great benefits and compensation
Cons
lack true strong corporate identity, very few opportunities for advancement, leadership not trusted.
Not Good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 1, 2016
Hardest and hottest job that you can imagine. Lead is so nasty. I feel sorry for the Maintenance people. Great job if you like taking showers with other men. Still had Skin problems after leaving this job for about 2 months.
Pros
breaks
Cons
not fun
Decent pay for Salina
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 28, 2016
Very hard physical work, wearing a respirator in the heat.
Learned how to troubleshoot machinery on the line.
Great group of co-workers, management could be better.
A team environment, good place to work
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 2, 2016
A typical day at work would keep me busy, I learned alot about the products they provide as well as the different procedure for AR.

I enjoyed everyone I worked with, we were a "team".
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Bankruptcy
Little chance for advancement
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 17, 2016
There is little chance for advancement unless you know someone and share a beer with them after work. Nothing is based on hard work or dedication tot the company.
This company was in bankruptcy when I last worked for them
PAYROLL SPECIALIST / ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 13, 2016
It was trying during the first couple of years having to deal with suppliers calling in for payment while the company worked out its bankruptcy situation. I've learned that hard work and dedication will get a company out of a slump and back into good standing. I was also able to be promoted during my seven year stint working in this kind of grueling environment. My co-workers were solid people, hard working individuals that made up a great team. The hardest part of the job was getting though the bankruptcy. I would like to say that the most enjoyable part of the job was being promoted into the payroll position, I appreciated being recognized for my hard work and dedication.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
High turnover
Good place to work for
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17601April 10, 2016
Exide is a good place and good company to work for. The only problem is that they are struggling financially because they have filed for two section 3 bankruptcy since 2006.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Short break, short vacations
Good pay, terrible management
Circuit Tender (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 18, 2016
I worked for the company for 7 years. I had no advancement opportunities and no pay increases the last 3 years (but management got raises and bonuses regularly). No leadership from the plant manager down to the supervisors and they don't care about employee safety. I worked directly with the batteries that came from assembly and I WOULD NEVER BUY AN EXIDE BRAND BATTERY. Not a bitter employee but I personally know and saw first hand that they sell bad and defective batteries to customers (many get returned regularly). The company pays well and has good insurance which is about the only good thing as well as plenty of required overtime.
Pros
Good pay and good insurance. Plenty of overtime
Cons
Terrible management/HR, no job security
Great people at our branch.
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arbutus, MDJanuary 8, 2016
Lots of phone calls, walk-in customers. Got to meet a lot of interesting people buying batteries. My manager was a great person to work for and I miss working for him. The warehouse people were great to work with and I got to know them well. Talking and working with these people was the best part of my day. A typical day was always busy with calls and walk-ins lots of data entry of orders printing out the next days deliveries for the truckers and daily conference calls. I loved my job and the people who worked with me.
enjoyed working there
Warehouse/relief driver (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Exide and with the people I dealt with and worked with. The worst part of the job was working with battery acid. Its kinda hard on the skin and clothes
Great for corporate people/ nightmare for warehouse and delivery
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 27, 2015
the worse job I ever had, the most stingy company I ever worked for, the worst warehouse manager I ever had. super heavy acid burning stinking.
Pros
weekly pay check
Cons
acid, smell acid burns .30 cent raise a year if you lucky 2 time bankrupt.
Ok at first, too much confusion, no real leadership
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA at GNB Battery plantDecember 18, 2015
absolutely loved this position because of the great challenge of learning Lead / Acid Gel/AGM Battery production, from raw materials to completed product. So much differing types of equipment here! Lack of skilled management in H.R. as well as engineering really causes this job to be very long and tiring, without leaving newer technicians in place long enough to truly learn that equipment technology. Too many changes in upper personnel, and NO job security, but great pay and benefits.
Pros
Interesting and educational
Cons
Long hours, Wrong people complaining, and social (people, operators) skills overlooked as this is critical to understanding problem solving.
Good challenging environment
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2015
Constant change.
Culture is diverse.
Customers are loyal.
Team is supportive.
Great for people with operation experience.
really liked working with co-workers
Group Leader, I (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNDecember 8, 2015
coming in everyday wasn't hard cause we worked so much we were more like family. really miss the factory life, it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter but i really loved it. wish the plant had never shut down
Pros
working wasn't really like working but we got the job done and under budget all the time
Cons
worked all the time
I was responsible for the calibration and documentation for all gauges that were used for the production of our product.
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 27, 2015
I believe that my past experience and my education was utilized to its fullest extent at EXIDE. I enjoyed the work that I did and the time I was there seemed to pass rather quickly.
Pros
Great Benifits, Holiday free meals
Cons
not enough overtime
The Exide Technologies Hub is now a "Turn Key" operation
Hub Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 9, 2015
Exide is an excellent company to work for. There is great opportunity for advancement and great team members to work with.
Pros
Plenty of overtime opportunity
Cons
Plenty of overtime opportunity
Was a great place to work when I first started there.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 16, 2015
Operating Plastic Injection Molding Machines(hand lugging). Quality inspection of product. Trimming flash(extra plastic) from product. Learned Manual and Automatic Operations of machines. Had great 3rd shift Supervisor which moved to a different department. Management was know to not follow through with things they said they were going to do. Co-workers were fine. Not as motivated I myself. They were a little immature. The hardest part was learning a new machine but a nice challenge. The most enjoyable part was the fast pace and staying busy.
Pros
Overtime was available.
Cons
Lay-offs, cut back in hours, no overtime. No Promotions. 2 Chapter 11's in 10 years.
No chance for advancement or compensation
Financial Risk Analyst/Manager (Current Employee) –  13000 Deerfield Pkwy #200 Milton, GA 30004September 16, 2015
Multiple bankruptcies. Management without skill set necessary to fulfill obligations. No chance for advancement or compensation. Extremely low moral with no attempt to address.
Pros
My associates.
Cons
No recognition of acheivements.
okay
production (Former Employee) –  muncie, inSeptember 11, 2015
it was okay just really bad for your health but pay good and really good benefits but some overtime required without warning
Pros
pay
Cons
your health
Production Battery Plant
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GaSeptember 9, 2015
Produce batteries daily, strive to hit target numbers. Safety , quality and production. Coach, train and develop staff and team leads. Follow and implement Safety.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Lead environment

2.9