Who we are:
Exigen Insurance Solutions is a software firm that provides a modern, full-lifecycle software suite to the insurance industry. The Exigen Suite includes policy administration, claims, billing and distribution management capabilities that can be implemented individually or together. Its comprehensive insurance functionality, innovative design and embedded capabilities - including BPM, document generation, content management, CRM, business activity measurement and analytics - enable P&C insurers of all sizes to increase distribution channel productivity while reducing operational expense.
Exigen Insurance Solutions is a dynamic fast growing company headquartered in San Francisco, CA, but with offices and business operations around the world. The company provides competitive salaries and benefits, stock options and unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow to those who want to take part in our ambitious plans.
Exigen is currently seeking Commercial Markets Product Managers to lead product management efforts for Commercial Lines and Group Life and Disability software products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leadership of the full product development cycle for specific components of the ExigenSuite, targeting the P&C Commercial Lines, and Group Life and Disability markets
- Market research and competitive analysis of competing software companies’ products
- Detailed and extensive business analysis (gathering of business requirements and interpretation to meaningful software requirements)
- System design / capabilities design
- Direct engagement with customers as needed to 1) explain system capabilities, and 2) gather requirements
- Prioritize necessary improvements to the software product and lead the creation of a “roadmap” of future functionality
- Schedule and coordinate software development team work to deliver improvements to the product
- Test, validate and assess the value of product improvements after delivery from the development team
- Creation and maintenance of software product documentation
- Configuration of the product and setup for demonstration
o 5+ years minimum of relevant insurance industry experience
o 5+ years of relevant insurance software experience
o Undergraduate degree required
o Degree in Computer science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related fields a plus
o Insurance-related certifications a plus
In-depth knowledge of software specifications development
Knowledge of state-of-the-art software design and development methodology
Excellent presentation, speaking and writing skills
Strong interpersonal and sales skills
Travel: 10% typical, 75% occasional
Areas that are a strong plus:
o Commercial Lines or non-health Group Benefit Insurance industry experience
o Familiarity / development experience with Java
Key personality traits:
o Detail oriented and highly organized;
o Strong leadership capabilities and ability to push for the “right” solution
o High energy levels and drive to succeed
We are looking for driven, focused individuals to join our team as this position has excellent growth opportunity to become a senior Product Manager or executive Product Manager.
This is a Direct Hire Full-Time Employee position based in San Francisco, CA, but other locations may be considered on a case-by-case basis. The position will require occasional travel.
Compensation includes a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.