EXOS Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, with knowledgable people to help you grow as a coach and person.
Performance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 4, 2017
Working at EXOS was a great experience, one where you got to work on your craft everyday along with growing as a person and a coach. The team was very helpful in the fact of growth and communication. Would recommend taking an internship here and if you do well in that and bust your tail you hopefully get rewarded with a part time job that grows into a full time job.
Lack of advancement in regional area
Health and Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 27, 2017
Great for a entry level in the profession but overall lack of advancement. Comes with decent benefits but high cost of health care. Can't afford someone of the benefits
Pros
Discounts, dental and vision insurance
Cons
High cost of healthcare, wage compensation
Non-challenging work
Corporate Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
I worked for EXOS when they were in trial/start-up mode for a new corporate wellness program. The managers in charge of the program were new in their positions and didn't know how to manage a person with more experience than they had. They also give you a ton of training that you can truly utilize about 20% of because of the environment and people that you are working with. I truly believe that EXOS is a great company to work for if you are looking to brush up on training skills or knowledge or just beginning your career as a personal trainer or strength coach. If you have any other type of experience and your philosophy doesn't mesh with EXOS then you will have a difficult time working for them.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MISeptember 12, 2017
Exos was my first factory job! I enjoyed working there for the most part there was always room for improvement tho. It's fast paced there management at the time was poor to many bosses and not enough communication. If I could go back there I definitely would.
Pros
Always have opportunity for ocertime.
Cons
The drive to Howe now and they need to let people work 1st as people do have young children
EXOS/Medifit
Assistant facilities and housekeeping manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 5, 2017
Where I work is a Medifit/EXOS works site. EXOS is a great company bet is relatively new to the community fitness world. When I think of EXOS I think of sports performance, but these facilities only exist in a few places in the world. There are also corporate wellness facilities, community wellness and other related programs. These other programs are new to EXOS and have been purchased through smaller company acquisition. The culture and management of these facilities may not have changed much since being acquired. I know that Medifit which is the company I started working for is still in the driver seat for most company decisions. They are working on getting things changed but it is difficult. Where I work we are contracted to work for a hospital wellness center. we are open 16 hours a day and 7 days a week
Pros
Free Swag, Continuing education, Gym
Cons
Interesting management
Constant state of frustration
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 2, 2017
Management does out bits and pieces of projects, never allowing the full picture. Micromanagement. Communication is condescending. Detached, inability to communicate effectively with staff members. Gratuitous criticism. Does not feel like a place that you can succeed. Set up for failure. Compensation is extremely low for the amount of BS that one has to put up with. Benefits are lacking for a health and wellness Company. They do not practice what they preach for employees.
Pros
Colleagues are generally great people
Cons
Horrible management
Out of College Job
Specialist & Personal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
A good job to get you started, full time with benefits. Low competition with high personal training if in a busy site. Expect to work long hours, if doing personal training with a full time position. There is job advancement but not pay advancement. Remember that.
Overworked and under paid
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2017
EXOS is going through some growning pains. There is definitely a lack of process an procedure and for some reason, when things go wrong, it is the employee's fault. They do not provide you with the tools to do your job which sets the employee up for failure. The expectations are high and there is no training nor is there a company orientation, so you can go a few months without really knowing everything that the company has to offer and the services that are provided. In addition to the lack of training, there apparently seems to be a lack of realestate to even house their employees. When I started, I shared a tiny office with 3 other employees. Imagine 3 recruiters in a tight space on the phone at the same time. Did I mention, it was my own cell phone because I didn't even have a phone at my desk when I started. A few weeks later, my office moved to a cubicle, then I was moved to another room with 5 other people. I'm all for being flexible and adaptable but when an organization doesn't have their stuff together yet expects you to, it's a huge red flag. Onboarding 101, have the tools for your new hire ready so they can hit the ground running.
Pros
discounts to athletic gear
Cons
salary and benefits, culture, management
Very easy going
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNAugust 10, 2017
Easy going company willing to let you work different days and hours if needed benefits weren't great and pay wasn't wonderful but people I worked with were great and my boss was really nice
I was able to gain a lot of experience as a Student Physical Therapist
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 27, 2017
I had an enjoyable experience as a student physical therapist. I was able to work with a wide variety of athletes and gained a lot of experience. It was a very professional environment.
Rewarding and fun work place
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJuly 18, 2017
I get to help people upgrade their lives by teaching them about moving well, exercise, and optimal nutrition.
Our company also provides a plethora of free education resources so employees are constantly learning and staying up to date with what is going on in our field.
Great place to work for students, but not for growth.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2017
Exos has some great perks, but the negative aspects outweigh the positives. Since there is plenty of down time, you'll be able to do your homework at work.

If you wish to grow with the company, EXOS is not the right place for you.Although I wanted to grow with the company at first, I quickly realized that this position was more of a job than a career.

Managers are often frantic and should not be in positions of power. They are disorganized and do not know how to delegate effectively. Management also does not value their employees and often discriminate against the people of color and female employees. Managers have made derogatory racial comments to some of the staff. Employee attrition rate is rather high, so the company is understaffed.
Pros
Decent paycheck
Cons
Short lunch break if you get one, poor management.
Horrible place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJuly 7, 2017
Moral is horrible and turnover is tremendous and people are over worked. The management does not communicate with people below them and there is no structure or training
great opportunity to change my opinion as Strength and Conditioning Trainer
Intern (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 20, 2017
EXOS was a great place for me to learn a concept of a strength and conditioning trainer. Typical jobs were to prepare and clean session, observe and coaching sessions, make shakes and help recovery for athletes. I have learned how to create sessions and the reasons why the sessions were made. There were many questions during my intern and chances to think and answer them. EXOS has minimum numbers of staffs, so it is easy to communicate and make a good relationship to help athletes as total care.
Pros
good site to learn
Cons
unpaid, no lunch service
Cluster
Employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2017
EXOS is disorganized. The company has been merging together for 3 years with another company. The management is present but does not help their employees to reach a level of success. They are currently restructuring everything and with that comes some pros and cons. Overall I find the company to be very disappointing.
Pros
Free Adidas gear
Cons
Disorganized
Positive internship experience
Performance Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2017
EXOS provided a positive internship experience that provided me with the opportunity to work with athletes from a multitude of backgrounds. It also exposed me to a number of different coaches from different backgrounds and walks of life that further enriched my knowledge within the field of strength and conditioning.
productive day
package handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 20, 2017
wash hands, put on safety gear [if any} interact with customers and employees with a nice,respectful,loving attitude. The hardest part of a job to me is the first day because I be nervous about get things right. The most enjoyable part is getting to know your employees being in a positive respectful atmosphere.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work!!
Locker Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 28, 2017
I love my job, The respect everyone has for each other is amazing!
High positive energy all the time!!
Hours are consistent, and I get free use of the work out facility!!!
Our location has a small Organic Bistro inside so Breakfast and lunch are available to buy. Which is amazing since there's nothing nearby..
Pay is low but there is no overtime work needed.
Pros
Great co workers, Lots of Happy, Steady hours
Cons
No employee shift meal, No free parking, Min wages
Poor - upper management had high expectations and no support
National Director of Health & Wellbeing (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 28, 2017
Training and Onboarding was poor. Support from upper management was poor. Work expectations were excessive - worked all the time - day and night - with little support or recognition.
Pros
1/2 price Adidas gear
Cons
Poor upper level management behavior and support
nothing special
Personal Trainer/ Health coach (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 20, 2017
Working hard on projects and no appreciation
no real management, cold atmosphere
Learned how to run a gym on my own
Hard part of job when people bosses don't see the good you bring to the company
Pros
getting off work at a reasonable time
Cons
not a fair chance