Exotic Metals Employee Reviews

So glad i am no longer working for them!!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 3, 2017
My experience after working several years at exotic, was not good. If you are a skilled journeyman machinist or a tool and die maker there are much better places to work! If shop politics and favoritism are your thing, then this is the tool and die shop for you!! They do have profit sharing, for the past several years they have gotten smaller and smaller. Also when I was no longer employed I was told that they do not fight unemployment claims. This is false. They dinged me for $10,000! All of this is why they had to get a few machinists from Texas.
Pros
Shutdown at christmas
Cons
Management, politics, and favoritism.
it was good money but terrible management
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at exotic was you came in clocked in and checked our email. Then pull up the dispatch list and work from importance. I learned a lot about how to use tools to measure and or weigh parts. Also learned more about excel spread sheets. The management at first seemed very friendly and organized I then learned they weren't as organized as I thought. And they played a lot of favoritism. I had fun working there the people for the most part were very nice and I felt very welcome as a new employee. The hardest part about the job was remembering which customer required what, but there is always some place to find the information you would need to be successful. The most enjoyable part of the job was that even when I felt like I wasn't catching on I was told I learned a lot of the stuff faster than most people did when they first started so that was nice.
Pros
profit sharing every 3 months
Cons
them playing favoritism
Bad
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 17, 2016
Managers and coworkers are rude and judgmental. Lack of team work. Unprofessional bosses. People get fired and quit a lot, in and out. Not a fun work environment
Pros
Benefits and pays
Don't even bother
Forming Operator (Current Employee) –  Kent, waOctober 24, 2016
Want to have a life outside of work? Too bad. Want to have money to live off of? Too bad. Want to be treated fairly? Too bad. Low pay but profit sharing, right? Too bad they changed the way they do that so profit sharing does absolutely nothing to make up for getting paid so poorly, it's pointless.

Horrible place to work. Do yourself a favor and avoid everything Exotic Metals. Turnover rate is absolutely ridiculous. Constantly wasting my time training people just for them to up and leave to another aerospace company that pays way more.
Pros
(Very small) bonuses
Cons
Management, VERY low pay, lots of mandatory overtime, horrible culture, no training systems
50-60hr weeks for the last 7 months... Managment is garbage.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  WAAugust 17, 2016
This place sucks, management sucks and upper management is oppresive... Over all, slip applying to this place and save yourself trouble.
Pros
Benafits
Cons
Everything else
I ended up quitting, my only regret was i should have done it sooner.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Airway Heights, WAAugust 2, 2016
Was hired for a shipping position and for 5 months they had me pushing, pulling, and lifting upwards 600 lbs by myself. when I asked the site director why I wasn't in shipping he refused to meet with me. so I went to HR where I was informed I wouldn't be doing shipping in the "foreseeable future"
Pros
close to hime
Cons
oppressive and vile culture. terrible pay for such harsh work
Good opportunity to gain metal fabrication experience. Low pay and moral.
machinist operating (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 25, 2016
Exotic metals is a good opportunity to gain experience in metal fabrication. A bad career though as the pay is too low to call exotic anything more than a job.
Pros
On job experience
Cons
Bad pay and moral
Intern in 2006
Intern Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 25, 2016
Low pay, lots of bullying by management, oppressive culture. At least the technology is pretty cool.

The shop manager routinely swore at the chief engineer. Most of the full time engineers were miserable. The department manager seemed to follow a divide and conquer approach. Also they administer an engineering test when you join.
Pros
Technology is top notch
Cons
Terrible pay, corporate culture is awful and oppressive
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 21, 2016
The people I work with at Exotic are very nice and interested in my life outside of work. Although the pay is not the best, they offer excellent benefits.
great atmosphere to work and great coworkers
Assembler 2 (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day, we work of dispatch which show what jobs need to be done first to ensure great timing for deliver of parts to Boeing.

My job consists of visual weld inspect, partmark, blanketing and final inspection
Pros
profit share
Cons
short lunches
Does NOT look good
press brake operator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 8, 2016
I was called by this company and asked if I was interested in applying for work with them and said yes, after that I don't know what happened but for some reason they completely stopped and refused all communication with me. To this day I am baffled by their treatment of me. As a result of this ,I pay attention when ever I see the name Exotic Metals and have noticed that they have more job openings than any other company that I can think of. After a little investigation I came to find out the reason for the many openings, and the reason is that they have a high turn over of employees. Maybe the reason for this is a lack of quality people looking for work or maybe the reason is something else like the quality of the employer. Just something to think about and consider caution before accepting employment with Exotic Metals
Pros
close to home
Cons
not a good working environment
Not a good place to work
Currently a Specialist Aerospace tig (GTAW) welder (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 14, 2015
The only positive thing about Exotic Metals is the co-workers. The managements philosophy is if you do not like it leave. They show no appreciation for your hard work but are quick to point out your mistakes.
Good work place
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 30, 2014
Great workplace. Great Benefits and pay. Management needed a little help understand different departments.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
nice place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 23, 2013
over all this company is a fun place to work I learned a lot from working there.
Challeging job have learned a lot
Press Operator 3 / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 13, 2012
i have gained a lot of certificates and training while vie been her i am trying to move to ellensburg to be with my family the skills and abilities i have gotten over the past three years are in great demand i am a lead in my department and would like to move on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exotic Metals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7