Exova

Exova Employee Reviews

Corporate Company
Quality Administrator (Former Employee), Anaheim, CaJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Happy Friendly & helpfull enviorment
Cons: Getting Layed Off
The company had great benefit package, management was happy and willing to help, I enjoyed my fellow employees. The only down fall was its Aero Space and when slow you get layed off.
The company concentrates on SOA techniqyes on Analytical Chemistry
Sr. Chemist (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Sometimes urgent samples keeps you busy all day.
Cons: Sometimes too many SOP's to review.
Each day is rewarded with good results. They allow sufficient time to analyze a sample. You may be very busy due to reviewing many SOP's or safety meeting. The GMP is an important factor of every instrument you have to pay attention.
Good company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Warren, MIMay 20, 2015
It is a good company, but the pay isnt fair, you could be working there for years, and the new hires come in and are hired in at a higher salary.
shambles
manager (Former Employee), Middle EastSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: some good people work (worked) there
Cons: everything else
I had the misfortune to work for Exova in the Middle East.
They head hunted me from my home country, how I wish now that I'd ignored their advances.

So poorly managed its untrue, they have (or should I say had) some great people working there....these have all left due to "finances" basically the staff are made to suffer due to ludicrous senior management decisions.

My advice would be avoid this company at all costs, wherever in the world it may be. They are on a slide and I don't see them.pulling through.

Better off joining element testing, far superior in every way.
Terrible place to work
Test Technician (Former Employee), MichiganApril 18, 2014
Pros: none whatsoever.
Cons: low pay, stressfull, oblivious managment, high turnover, lack of equip.
Working 7 days a week, minimal pay, management has no clue about the testing industry. They make promises to customer engineers they can't keep. Understaffed and overworked. Most employees have little training, Testing is spotty at best. You have to twist an arm to get any new, or calibrated equipment. Very hard to do a job without the tools to do the job.

What a stress filled place to work. $0.30 raise every 2 years if your lucky.

As soon as they don't need you anymore that's it.
Good job and nice people.
Chemistry Supervisor (Current Employee), Gary, INDecember 15, 2013
This job has its ups and downs. The people are friendly and the work is pleasant.
Nice company
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 23, 2013
Great work environment and nice pay. Very simple easy work.
Long Term Temp
Hot Tester/Engine Tester (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 26, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: temp, one 20 min lunch throughout any 8-12 hour shift, no healthcare, no advancement
A typical day at work would start with a daily morning meeting with your entire shift consisting of the same things being said everyday supervisors showing favoritism to certain people then you hit the floor and test engines at your assigned cell/work area steady fast paced work 1 20 minute lunch at noon and thats it then none stop work till your shift ends. I learned alot about Engines and to quickly diagnose problems with electrical and mechanical p[roblems. Co Workers 90% of them are immature and dont take their job seriously supervisors do not care what is or inst your fault or out of your hands its a somebodys gonna be in trouble! the hardest part of the job is getting severe burns and permanent scars along with the heat and engine fumes. And for ME the most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to be able to work 7 days a week 12.50 an hour monday thru friday then saturdays time and a half and sundays double time and a half so if your about your money and need alot of it the opportunity to have large checks were there but this buisness is currently losing its production cutting employees and is on the verge of losing their contract with GM due to Lack or exp at every level Poor work ethics
suprised this place is even open
P33 ON (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2013
Pros: puts food on the table
Cons: no. breaks, no safety programs, no moral
Absolute terrible place to work
Violent coworkers,
No safety procedures or protocol
I hope I don't die here
Upper management are poorly trained and incompetent
Monotony
No ergonomical freedom
Fast pace environment; you keep very busy
Fracture Mechanics Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
The co-workers make the job tolerable. You are required to learn a great deal knowalge of the specs that are required for this job. The work is very tedious and monotonous.
Poor working environment
Executive VP Aerospace - Americas (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2012
Cons: poor salaries, no recognition, no team building abitities
Exova is a horrible place to work. The senior leadership (CEO and President) completely destroyed autonomy and any sense of value, accomplishment at the EVP and GM levels. It is not a company that helps their employees grow.
good employees on an inconsistant schedule
UT inspector - level II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 10, 2012
Pros: the people and work conditions
Cons: inconsistant schedule and poor time management.
Overall I enjoyed my job and found it interesting and challenging. The only issue I had was with the schedule and the lack of any notice when the expected hours of our work week would change. Also, we would almost never know until the last minute if weekends would be required. All in all a good experience was had and valuable knowledge gained in the UT field.
Productive, Educational, Challenging
Executive Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale Height, ILFebruary 20, 2012
Pros: started out with an amazing boss
Cons: under new management lost my amazing bosses
I learned alot about the testing industry. I was given the oppurtunity to experience various new job responsibilites.
Industry