Expanse Energy Solutions Employee Reviews

Worst job I've ever had!
Office (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 2, 2017
Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone! Management is terrible. They do not care about their employees at all. They promise you hours and work and never follow through. They have terrible relationships with customers. They have a terrible reputation with companies in OKC. Terrible company to work for. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Expensive benefits, poor management, expect one person to do the job of five.
Fun and productive
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Good work place fast paced poor managementApril 17, 2017
Management could be better company plays favoritism over all great job great pay besides those cons fast past and very easy to learn just too much drama
Very Productive Enviorment
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Working at Expanse Energy Solutions has been a great experience. I have learned an extreme amount about project management. The workplace culture is very competitive and a team atmosphere.
Learned different aspects of industry.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 20, 2016
A typical day at work is fun because it is different every day. It could be installing Motor Control Panels in the oilfield one day and the next day it could be residential. Good Employment
Benefits
Cons
No Cons
Don't waste your time
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Permian BasinDecember 3, 2016
There is absolutely no loyalty with this company, they will use you up and toss you aside. The office politics, back biting, and general lack of respect for employees is unreal. None of them have a problem lying to your face to get what they want.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No loyalty, upper management has no problem lying, no appreciation for good employees.
ran out of work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 16, 2016
Never knew from day to day if we would be working. Company is full of empty promises. There is to many mangers in the company and lack of communication to the field crews.
Insightful and productive
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 13, 2016
At dixie I learned the basics for being a lineman, from putting poles up and connecting the lines to run electricity to batteries needed in the oilfield business. Management was great, my supervisor always made sure we had work that morning, even work that took us several days was the best. My co-workers were all friendly, they were very helpful when it came to training me the first week I was out on the job. The hardest part of the job was standing out in the hot New Mexico sun all day, I enjoyed the work thoroughly and look to continue work as a lineman to become a licensed journeyman.
Employees easy to work with
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Andrews, TXJuly 7, 2016
the employees are very friendly and very easy to work with. unstable hours. and you never know if you are going to have work after the next job. which makes it stressful
good company to work for
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXApril 7, 2016
overall good company to work for good people, good work environment, lots of hours, lots of good input from other employee on the job
Pros
lots of hours, good employees on site
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Tioga, NDDecember 15, 2015
Dixie owns several small Electric Companies that maintain a good work force. The experience one gets from working here will surpass most companies.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
short breaks
Early start to accomplish what was needed.
Electrician's Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 21, 2015
Started the day early to complete the assigned jobs. Days were never the same, always something newly presented. Great people to work with!
Good place for a young man to start that's needing experience to get his foot in the door to a better company
Line foreman (Former Employee) –  Hobbs mmSeptember 22, 2015
It was a great company till the investors bought it out then it went downhill. Was guaranteed 40 a week but not no more. Paid decent for line work and don't even have to put your rubbers on. Mostly dead work. Great coworkers bad bosses
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor management
Very Stressful
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobbs NM and Denver City Tx.September 8, 2015
A typical day at work was very stressful due to the fact that upper management would implement new policies without middle -knowing.

I did obtain a good deal of experience from Dixie through management training as well as leadership training.

My co -workers for the most part were enjoyable to be around and helped with the day to day stress.

The hardest part of the job was the stress and the sense of not being able to do my job to my full extent.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Dishonesty and Lack of communication
Great work and great company
WAREHOUSE MANAGER AND PURCHASER (Former Employee) –  BIG SPRING ,TEXASJuly 14, 2015
Really enjoyed working for dixie. Strong safety background. Management is great and real easy to work for. Co workers were very helpful.
a good place to work and make money
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 7, 2015
my duties where well define , get the truck ready with all materials
and go do the job assignment.if materials where not available at warehouse we call the electric supplier and go pick up the materials. p.o where approve asap.
Pros
p.o. where approve on site asap.
Cons
have to work below frozen temperature
Decent job.
Electrician - wired electrical boxes (Former Employee) –  Denver, CItyMay 20, 2015
I worked here as a high school student. I got paid monthly. I disliked that part but I got paid and it helped with certain things I needed. A jobs a job. I didnt get any benefits.
good company to work for
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Big Spring, TXMay 6, 2015
Dixie is a good company with a good work environment and great benefits.. its a big company with a small company feeling to it
Pros
paid holidays, matching 401k
Cons
occasional long hours
Good company to work and grow with.
Electrician 1 (Current Employee) –  Sundown, TXApril 25, 2015
Have been a good company to work for. I grew with them to learn automation and get my Electrical Journeyman license. The co-workers are good people and the management tries to take care of employees. Hardest part of job is work in the oilfield. The most employable part of the job is it is a good company to learn.
Good company with good benefits
Electrician (Current Employee) –  carlsbad nmJanuary 19, 2015
this company is a decent company to work for but they will lay you off without notice. the safety department is terrible as well as the equipment available to work with, that is of course if you can even get the company to provide the necessary equipment
Very productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 8, 2014
Very fast paced productive electrical warehouse where i was able to learn how to operate a forklift
Pros
weekends off
Cons
cold warehouse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expanse Energy Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.